Is this a N deficiency in flower + yes I def overwatered?

• Thread starter Letsgrowit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Letsgrowit

Hi Growers. This outdo girl is GMO cookies about 6.5” tall. Put out in mid June. It’s definitely a lighter green colored pheno but I have been concerned it is N deficient. The lower feeder fan leaves are starting to fade into senescence (which I think is normal at this point), and it’s budding up nicely (it’s likely week 3.5-4 in indo terms).

This 30 gallon grow-bag grow is in Coast of Maine stonington mix, top dressed with BAS craft blend throughout veg. I top dress at week 1 in flowering with BAS buildaflower. Weekly I water with 1/4 to 1/2 strength BAS buildabloom. I also ph my filtered water from the hose to around 6.0-6.5 using nectar of the gods ph down (tap ph is 9.1!). I also use maybe 1 teaspoon of silica when I water (in 44 gallons). Finally I have top dressed once with milled and ground BAS gnarly barley.

What do you think? Is this an N deficiency? And how if so how would you address this late? Note the tips started to claw on the left part of the plant a few days ago (I believe I overwatered).

Thanks!

Is this a n deficiency in flower  yes i def overwatered
Is this a n deficiency in flower  yes i def overwatered 2
L

Letsgrowit

Thanks. I haven’t tested the soil. That’s a good idea. Is there an approach you take to finding out the ppm in soil without going to a lab?

I have been trying to keep it organic. As a result the nutes I use supposedly take time to become available. The only nutes I have are buildsoil’s craft blend (5-5-3) and also their buildabloom (2-10-5). there an organic product you would use that makes the N instantly available? Or a product you prefer.

How much would you add - it’s about 4” wide 6.5” tall. If it goes back to veg I would be surprised given the day/night here but I hear ya that it is possible.

Thanks!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks. I haven’t tested the soil. That’s a good idea. Is there an approach you take to finding out the ppm in soil without going to a lab?

I have been trying to keep it organic. As a result the nutes I use supposedly take time to become available. The only nutes I have are buildsoil’s craft blend (5-5-3) and also their buildabloom (2-10-5). there an organic product you would use that makes the N instantly available? Or a product you prefer.

How much would you add - it’s about 4” wide 6.5” tall. If it goes back to veg I would be surprised given the day/night here but I hear ya that it is possible.

Thanks!
Not an organic guy by no means ! But ur prolly gonna want to top dress or tea of some kind let’s see if a organic grower shows up

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In my opinion you could accomplish the same thing with miracle grow organic’s all purpose. For six or seven bucks. Might want to throw a little Epsom salt in the mix also. Water soluble N Is what you are looking for for quick results. Water insoluble N takes longer to break down and work its way down into the root zone. But I would go light on it. May be diluted to half strength. And mixed in a jug of water. Not top dressed

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Doesnt look that bad really ..are you in sandy soil or have had heavy rain as n can lech out easily.you still have your lower leaves that arnt yellowing so id prolly just give her a good feed.

P

Psy3784

Couldn't it just be a different pheno/mutation ?? I ask because its the entire plant and there are no other discolorations blotching etc from the pictures. I am not really versed in nutes whatsoever, but she looks gorgeous and healthy to me, with slight over watering lol

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, overall a nice looking plant. But since you have a month and a half to go and the new growth does have kind of a yellowish look to it, I would be inclined to give it a bump of N And see what happens. Don’t wanna do anything too drastic though. Epsom alone might help it out. Only one way to find out. Good luck!

TSD

TSD

Personally, I'd probably top dress with some bat guano before your next watering, water it into the soil slowly... smells like death, but it's a pretty immediate source of nitrogen.

PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

Why would that need nitrogen. It's got white stripes. Can't tell if it's the veins or in between cuz shitty pics.

Several trace minerals required to metabolize nitrogen and completely photosynthesis. AKA make a plant green. Nitrogen isn't green.. Molybdenum as nitrate reductase cofactor, sulfur to form aminos, magnesium and manganese for photosynthesis.

Ps lower leaves do not fade into senescence. Your plant is dying. I don't know how so many pot growers learnt all this illogical broscience.

L

Letsgrowit

In my opinion you could accomplish the same thing with miracle grow organic’s all purpose. For six or seven bucks. Might want to throw a little Epsom salt in the mix also. Water soluble N Is what you are looking for for quick results. Water insoluble N takes longer to break down and work its way down into the root zone. But I would go light on it. May be diluted to half strength. And mixed in a jug of water. Not top dressed
Thanks. I’ll go lightly on it. The reason for that brand (it’s $9 at my shop) is it is soy based and water soluble .

L

Letsgrowit

Why would that need nitrogen. It's got white stripes. Can't tell if it's the veins or in between cuz shitty pics.

Several trace minerals required to metabolize nitrogen and completely photosynthesis. AKA make a plant green. Nitrogen isn't green.. Molybdenum as nitrate reductase cofactor, sulfur to form aminos, magnesium and manganese for photosynthesis.

Ps lower leaves do not fade into senescence. Your plant is dying. I don't know how so many pot growers learnt all this illogical broscience.
Thanks for the tips. So you think it is dying? Is there something you would recommend doing - for example are you indicating a micronutrient deficiency. You seem to think you know what you are taking about, so would you please help me?

Otherwise I would hate to think you are the actual bro scientist.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ps lower leaves do not fade into senescence. Your plant is dying. I don't know how so many pot growers learnt all this illogical broscience.This community is here to help new growers not discourage them - you may b very versed but most growers are layman and need the basics - bout sick of your attitude ! U may be frustrated but be nice or be gone.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for the tips. So you think it is dying? Is there something you would recommend doing - for example are you indicating a micronutrient deficiency. You seem to think you know what you are taking about, so would you please help me?

Otherwise I would hate to think you are the actual bro scientist.
Ur Too kind to this troll who belongs over at riu

L

Letsgrowit

Ur Too kind to this troll who belongs over at riu
Probably lol but I’d like to learn why this person thinks it is “dying.” Admittedly this is my first outdoor grow in some time - and I trying do living soil and all organically. The good news is I have other plants that don’t have this issue (if it is one). Could just be this pheno.

I do think it’s weird to assert it is dying, when it’s grown in two months from 3 inches tall to 6” - and the nutes I use while organic (and vegan) don’t have the same % as hydro nutes, it’s hard for me to believe it is dying. But I’d like to learn why this guy thinks that.

What’s nice is I am aware of everything he says - and my nutes have magnesium, calcium, iron, but maybe I am light on sulfur.

The other thing is the lighter leaves at the bottom 1/3 do not shrivel at the tips and fall off like a N deficiency. They just fade out.

I will likely amend with some stuff - perhaps some guano or some N or perhaps TM-7 or BAS Big 6. Not sure - going see what the guys at the shop say. Will go light as a bro scientist. LOL. We will keep her alive! The only white stripes here play guitar and bass :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the laugh… dont listen to this crap OP. He always jumps in with some off the wall diagnosis and insults… doesn’t answer when you question him and just tries to make the grower feel stupid to try and make himself look like he onows what ue is talking about.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Shoot she just maybe the goof troop girl in your grow and claim she's special. Add a bit of N and see what happens. Funny I saw this thread this morning. A buddy just left the house to go out to a commercial grow he bought last week and all the plants are in early flower and all light green, clawing. Previous owners lost control of the auto feed and water system and it was insanely humid causing the plants to claw like crazy because they thought it was raining and they needed to shed water. He got the humdity under control and they are responding to more N in there feed cycle already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom