Is this a result of bananas & Should I harvest this plant yet? (1st grow nerves!)

• Thread starter 715CREEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
715CREEKS

715CREEKS

Hi!
  • I'm growing 'super lemon haze' indoors, using soil, 150w hps & 150w led, watering every other day with ph netural water.
  • I'm in my 10th week of flowering at 12/12
  • Feeding once a week using ionic bloom soil, pk-13/14, calmag and guana all at half dose.

I found a couple of bananas on my plant a week or so ago, I removed them and I haven't seen any new ones appear.

Are these hairs on the top of the buds a result of that?

Is my plant ready to harvest now?

I'm not sure what stage i'm at, should I start flushing now or should I wait one more week? I read somewhere that Super Lemon Haze takes 11 weeks to flower properly.

A couple of photos and video with and without lights below;
Thanks for any help :)

Is this a result of bananas  should i harvest this plant yet 1st grow nerves
Is this a result of bananas  should i harvest this plant yet 1st grow nerves 2

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hey man, your grow looks good. I would give it a few more weeks before you harvest. Still looks like it can use some more fattening up if you think it has it in her. The white hairs are stigma that the plant produces to filter the air for pollen. When they are alive, they are white, when they are reddish brown, they are no longer living reproductive sites. If you have a plant that is mostly stigmas that are brown, red, orange, yellow, and a few white hairs, that should be okay. Too many white hairs and that might mean it still needs time.

When was the last time you fed nutrients? Maybe feed them one more time and start flushing. Maybe try taking away two hours of light so you get over the plateau. I noticed that in the last few weeks, the buds got fatter and denser and started becoming rigid.

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The hairs, if I'm seeing what you think you are seeing, are the dried up pistils from your buds. he white "V" fuzzy things are the pistils and collect pollen if given the chance. No pollen, make more pistil. There are all part of the buds, so n general, the more pistils, the better. When they dry out, they turn different colors depending o the strain and environment. Reds, golds, and yellows are most common, but neon pink, electric blue, and black are also found.
OK...maybe not the pink, blue, or black, but this is where the hairs in nice buds come from. You plants look good. Letting it go a little longer isn't going to hurt anything despite claims otherwise (There is a very slight decrease in the THC/CBD ratio, but it is minute and much less than normal plant variations between clones). I find that your flavor really develops at the very end of flowering, and I don't usually flush as I use very little nutrients compared to current trends. I let the large fan leaves yellow and drop at the end of flowering, which is an indicates that most of the nitrogen has been depleted in the soil. This is just little things that I've picked up over the years. Plants are like dogs and cats and will tell you what they want, you just need to learn to red their plant languages.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The hairs, if I'm seeing what you think you are seeing, are the dried up pistils from your buds. he white "V" fuzzy things are the pistils and collect pollen if given the chance. No pollen, make more pistil. There are all part of the buds, so n general, the more pistils, the better. When they dry out, they turn different colors depending o the strain and environment. Reds, golds, and yellows are most common, but neon pink, electric blue, and black are also found.
OK...maybe not the pink, blue, or black, but this is where the hairs in nice buds come from. You plants look good. Letting it go a little longer isn't going to hurt anything despite claims otherwise (There is a very slight decrease in the THC/CBD ratio, but it is minute and much less than normal plant variations between clones). I find that your flavor really develops at the very end of flowering, and I don't usually flush as I use very little nutrients compared to current trends. I let the large fan leaves yellow and drop at the end of flowering, which is an indicates that most of the nitrogen has been depleted in the soil. This is just little things that I've picked up over the years. Plants are like dogs and cats and will tell you what they want, you just need to learn to red their plant languages.
Sound advice right there!!

The Jewels

The Jewels

Jimster knows his Sativa.
Keep flogging it, until it looks good and dead- then give it another week.
Some of those Sativa dont know when to quit. The calyx will swallow up those hairs and start swelling almost round.
20190620 223217

20190702 000544

I would be cautious of a feeding change-up, I accidentally gave my flowers a 'second wind' at the tenth week. They started popping white hair all over again.

Your plants look great, your attention has paid off.

Top Bottom