Is this Bro science or not ?

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

I posted another thread with this video but no responses .
Skip to week 7 for what it is worth [3:38 in ] .
Is this Bro science or fact ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Is this guys opinion fact ?
Is that better ?
So many people here say amber this and amber that .
This guy says amber is your THC deteriorating ?
Highest THC is milky.
correct.. i always try to time it when there is the least amount of clear and the most amount of milky with a few turning amber..
i’d rather have more amber than clear, but the most milky….

TSD

TSD

correct.. i always try to time it when there is the least amount of clear and the most amount of milky with a few turning amber..
Same here, I usually have a very few amber or just turning darker, if any, and pretty much all milky, if I can manage that before the fall climate lets mold set in and I'm forced to chop before it's truly ready.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Is this guys opinion fact ?
Is that better ?
So many people here say amber this and amber that .
This guy says amber is your THC deteriorating ?
Highest THC is milky.
If I went by just trichomes they would be milky. I don’t like couch lock so I try and not let it ripen for an excessive amount of time for them to turn amber. If they are mostly clear the plant just doesn’t have a finished appearance anyway. I’m about at the same point as you in my grow. They are only 8 weeks thru flower but the trichomes are all milky. I can’t find any clear or amber. Just all milky. The buds are not swelling anymore and they are not going to stack anymore then they are already. The only thing I’m waiting on is for more pistils to turn orange or brown. It seems a bit early for where they are maturity wise, but I am running UVA supplement lighting this grow. That maybe why the trichomes are all milky at this point.

steamroller

steamroller

The video doesn't work for me either ?
It should work in this thread I posted yesterday asking about this .

steamroller

steamroller

freezeland2 makes a good point about avoiding couch lock. If the goal is to make sleepy-time weed to combat insomnia, does it make sense to grow longer, where most tricombs are amber?
yea as I understand that is the diff.
Upbeat ,active and possible paranoid for more milky and couch lock sleepy time for amber .
As I understand ....

mancorn

mancorn

Red trichomes are a sign that it’s degrading (just like rotting fruit on a tree). The THCa converts into Cannabinol (CBN), which is the cannabinoid found in old weed. So it really depends on what you want. If you want weed that puts you to sleep then you can harvest late after trichomes have turned red. But if you want active, social weed, then you’ll want to harvest before the THCa degrades. IMO it’s better just to smoke old weed if you want something for sleep, while using your fresh (milky) weed for getting stoned. But not everyone is using cannabis to get high.

sambapati

sambapati

The video synchs lab results with the plant's development....not bro but more science!

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I didn't look at the video. When to harvest is a personal choice because it influences the effects.

All clear - Too early. Low THC.

Mix of clear and cloudy with mostly cloudy - Harvestable, but it won't be as potent as it can be.

All cloudy - Maximum THC. Uplifting effect.

Mostly cloudy with less than 5% amber - My favorite. I like to see a little amber to be sure I'm not harvesting too early.

Mostly cloudy with 10%-20% amber - Losing a significant amount of THC in exchange for CBN. Still potent weed that can gets people high, but with a more narcotic effect than uplifting.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Chop when ambers are starting on the bud itself. I look on the bud and in and around the seams and crevices of the bud. Color of trichomes on the sugar leaves and pistils mean nothing to me.

Top Bottom