Is This Bud Ready to Harvest?

• Thread starter BC21596
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BC21596

BC21596

Hi. The top buds are about 30% amber trichromes. It's only 6 weeks, 5 days into flower and they're supposed to go 8 weeks. This is my first hydroponic grow and things are growing fast. Also, the top bud is too close to the lights but I couldn't move it since the center branch is very brittle. If I take off the top 3 buds, I can move some more to the center instead of laying against the side of the tent. This just grew too big. Thanks.

Untitled 4664
Untitled 4666
culture

culture

Read somewhere that hydroponic growing speeds up the lifecycle of cannabis. 30% amber trichs sounds more than ready, just look at middle/lower buds for consistency

growsince79

growsince79

Hi. The top buds are about 30% amber trichromes. It's only 6 weeks, 5 days into flower and they're supposed to go 8 weeks. This is my first hydroponic grow and things are growing fast. Also, the top bud is too close to the lights but I couldn't move it since the center branch is very brittle. If I take off the top 3 buds, I can move some more to the center instead of laying against the side of the tent. This just grew too big. Thanks.
What strain is that? I would be very disappointed with a plant that's 30% amber when its not even ripe. Hopefully it will still be worth smoking when its done.

culture

culture

What strain is that? I would be very disappointed with a plant that's 30% amber when its not even ripe. Hopefully it will still be worth smoking when its done.
seriously lol maybe he shouldve been harvested. but apperantly people like amber trichomes. cloudy the way to go tho

BC21596

BC21596

This is Blueberry Headband. It's only the top that has the amber trichomes and I'm not sure if it's the closeness to the light or if they are ripe. This is the first time I've checked them. Lower on the plant they are not quite ready yet.

growsince79

growsince79

Read somewhere that hydroponic growing speeds up the lifecycle of cannabis. 30% amber trichs sounds more than ready, just look at middle/lower buds for consistency
LOL hydro might speed things up but it won't make a ten week strain ripe in 7 weeks.

BC21596

BC21596

LOL hydro might speed things up but it won't make a ten week strain ripe in 7 weeks.
It's supposed to be an 8 week strain according to the seed package. I will probably let it go for a little more at least and just keep the tops and sides separate. If it's couch-lock from CBN then I just use that when that's what I want. I'm a bit more of a knock me out kind of guy anyways, lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That flower has weeks to go. Most pistols are still white. If there is amber on top the lights or heat are too much or too much nutrients can also burn them up some like that.

You sure won’t have a couch lock bud this soon.

BC21596

BC21596

That flower has weeks to go. Most pistols are still white. If there is amber on top the lights or heat are too much or too much nutrients can also burn them up some like that.

You sure won’t have a couch lock bud this soon.
Thanks. There is probably some nutrient burn also. I used them according to the directions but the concentrations (ppm) keep going too high. I'll need to figure that out next grow but I'm done for the summer after this is done. I probably won't remember much by next fall. lol.

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks. There is probably some nutrient burn also. I used them according to the directions but the concentrations (ppm) keep going too high. I'll need to figure that out next grow but I'm done for the summer after this is done. I probably won't remember much by next fall. lol.
Every plant and every strain is different. You learn different things every grow.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

It's supposed to be an 8 week strain according to the seed package. I will probably let it go for a little more at least and just keep the tops and sides separate. If it's couch-lock from CBN then I just use that when that's what I want. I'm a bit more of a knock me out kind of guy anyways, lol.
I know this might sound silly but it something I went through with my DWC, did you adjust time frame while the plant was in shock”” or whatever? I found that out my self because of a day here and their of shock so low feeding changes the outcome so I went by the “”time frame for that genetic but it was like 6-7 days offs because of shock issues and etc that I had to deal with so if I would have adjusted and added the time back in that was lost my critical plant would have been far more mature but hey live and learn

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Looks about done. I would just give it water for a week watch those leaves shrivel up and change colors then chop those ladies down. There is several ways to tell if harvest is ready not just 1. People get a microscope check the tris people go by the leaves which is end of the season. Some chop to early.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Still see alot of white pistils id wait another week, post pics and ask again.

Probably just burned from light/nutes up top like you say

BC21596

BC21596

I found something online that had a picture similar to the one I posted and it said that it's light burn. Makes sense and it's what we came up with here. The article said to harvest that bud immediately to prevent further damage. It's probably too late for that since it's almost all amber trichomes now. Should I take the top off now or just let it ride and keep it separate in case it's no good? I don't want to mess up underneath it since the amber is really only the top 1-2" of the buds (top & 2 tallest side buds). I could get some snippers in there and just cut that part off now. I'm flushing now so I don't want to stress the plant and hurt the harvest. Thanks.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I havent harvested in 12 years but my opinion is if you can use that bud in some type of concentrates/hash/bho then harvest now.

If youre not messing woth that I guess you could I just dont see it being able to be smoked. Like stated earlier I could be wrong.

Just stay patient on the rest of it, trust me im itching too. Just flipped my lights even though i wanted to wait a few more days

Latest posts

Top Bottom