• Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccWTF

ccWTF

Is this female preflower
Is this female preflower 2

ccWTF

ccWTF

im a little worried because i cant find any males. i used bagseeds.
my first grow...maybe the males werent strong enough to survive the abuse i putthem through?
o_Oo_O

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Why would that worry you? Id be happy not to find any males :D

It is still possible tho the plant will hermie on ya regardless genetics and all.. * just saying it could happen not that it will *

With that said i think you either culled the males early enough or just got lucky, how many plants you working with atm?

ccWTF

ccWTF

i have about 6 or 7. i cant do a count right now because lights are out.
abou this size and jus switched from 400w mh to 1000w hps.

01c013bf62ed005c719be1d04d17867edee4056b69
ccWTF

ccWTF

im worried because i was expecting males to show sex 1st and if i cant identfy them itll be too late when they doshow up.

0162b086067c6cc9fec9e76a2ebb7e415ddb9f20e8
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well about all i can suggest is you study up on what males look like.. There pretty easy to spot :D

Think of bananas when you think males, Cause thats what they look like tiny cluters of little mini bananas :D

Pistils look like well pistils ;)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

If they are pistils, then it's female. I don't see any bulges either, which would indicate male. LittleDabbie is probably right.

ccWTF

ccWTF

plants are about 2-1/2 months old. i had a lot of problems with temp and humidity being so cold here. i had some ph problems too....root rot,drip heads clogging,general clumsiness.
I thought i had it all "dialed in" until i switched to 1000w hps last night. Now its too hot when the lights are on. LOL.
Theyve been on 12/12 for the pas 5 days.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Female for the moment but stress can lead to hermies.. Keep an eye on them and post pics of anything questionable :D

ccWTF

ccWTF

ok thanks for the help.
I should still expect 50% females and its too early to tell which are which.

The males are going to show 1st with balls that look somewhere between a potseed and a bunch of bananas.

i have some fem seedlings for my next crop. Liberty Haze and White Widow. 1 of each. :cool:

H

happy b

Iv got a liberty haze on the go just now.its only a few weeks old though.i will let u know how i get on with it.

H

happy b

Theres no gaurantee youl get 50% males 50% females.iv seen me get all males and all females (and every ratio inbetween) from10 regulars

ccWTF

ccWTF

my next crop>>
Liberty Haze and Widow with 1st true leaves
white specs are sheetrock dust. Rooms are under const
0158ebcd3bcfe30cfff74e29fa8f8a1745fb2daf2d
ruction

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
A lot of times with bagseed, the reason they all are female is because of a prior Hermie seeding the plant giving you female seeds in your bag of herb

MGRox

MGRox

I can't say for sure either from the pic. If you had a 100x mic, possibly you could tell, but otherwise it might take a while or 12/12 light (as has been suggested).
Would probably lean female, but would need magnification

Here's where the pre-flower is from your pic...just can't say yet.
Genex

Latest posts

Top Bottom