Is this from the lights?

• Thread starter Mommag71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommag71

Mommag71

So we moved the clones into flower a couple days ago. We changed the food from veg to bud. We use Heavy 16 at the moment. We have been hearing so much about LED lights and decided to try it out. So when we brought them to the flower room, they’re now under bestva 2000 lights. Today we go in to water and something is happening! Any help would be so very appreciated!!

Is this from the lights
Is this from the lights 2
Is this from the lights 3
Is this from the lights 4
Is this from the lights 5
Is this from the lights 6
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Looks like they are hungry and eating themselves. The lights could be causing them to feed heavier than you are used to.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So we moved the clones into flower a couple days ago. We changed the food from veg to bud. We use Heavy 16 at the moment. We have been hearing so much about LED lights and decided to try it out. So when we brought them to the flower room, they’re now under bestva 2000 lights. Today we go in to water and something is happning! Any help would be so very appreciated!!
You don't change to bloom nutes as soon as you change to 12/12, do that about a month later or not at all.

the single Leafs have a lot of strange dots on them so I'd like to know about your humidity

the rest of the pictures in the yellowish light really don't help me, need to see natural light pictures

The more information you can offer the better chance your issue will be figured out -good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

2000W would overkill them. 😅
These are 400w 2000w equivalent.

OP what's the source water and media? How often are you feeding and what strength?
Are you foliar spraying?
Can you take pics under normal lighting?
Are you using any additives such as cal/mg pk boosters etc?
Height of the lights?

Dan789

Dan789

The pics with the water have me concerned your leaving water droplets on the leaves and the lights then burning them through lensing. How far off are your lights? Do you have constant circulation via a fan to keep the plants from getting mildew? Do you have a way to monitor relative humidity (RH)? Are you exhausting your grow tent/room? As suggested natural light or flash pics are best for any remote diagnosis.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That’s either light burn, pH fluctuations or both. I’d say both. Raise your lights some and make sure to avoid severe pH swings. If you’re soil, which it looks like you are, try to keep your pH somewhat consistent.

Seraphine

Seraphine

LEDs are more prone to burn plants than the other lights which is why it is recommended to keep lights 18”-24” from the canopy. If it’s already at that distance, then raise them up another 8”-12”.

Mommag71

Mommag71

The pics with the water have me concerned your leaving water droplets on the leaves and the lights then burning them through lensing. How far off are your lights? Do you have constant circulation via a fan to keep the plants from getting mildew? Do you have a way to monitor relative humidity (RH)? Are you exhausting your grow tent/room? As suggested natural light or flash pics are best for any remote diagnosis.
Thank you! I think we figured it out. She put some folier spray on them and I think she burned them. The new growth coming up doesn’t have those marks....only the older ones that got sprayed. My fingers are crossed! We do have fans going, Up high and down low, oscillating. No mildew thank goodness. Lights are about 18-24” away from the plants. Humidity I think is around 70%.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you! I think we figured it out. She put some folier spray on them and I think she burned them. The new growth coming up doesn’t have those marks....only the older ones that got sprayed. My fingers are crossed! We do have fans going, Up high and down low, oscillating. No mildew thank goodness. Lights are about 18-24” away from the plants. Humidity I think is around 70%.
Humidity is to high for that age I would drop to 60% it will slow the plants ability to uptake nutrients. stop foliar unless needed to treat for bugs or deficiency. Don't use any additives from here on out unless you are in soilless and need to add cal mag. Temp with led should ideally be about 80f and I would keep like at 24" as at 400w I feel 18" could be to close.

After this give it a week to see the results they don't happen overnight and more changes are likely to have negative affects. Old growth may get worse as you say pay attention to new growth.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just wanna stress humidity that high will affect growth and the plants ability to transpire. This will increase leaf temps and have other negative effects. It's important to get that down to about 60% and I suggest checking the humidity about 30 min after lights out to make sure it's not spiking. I have a feeling it's probably jumping from about 70 to close to 90.

Mommag71

Mommag71

Humidity is to high for that age I would drop to 60% it will slow the plants ability to uptake nutrients. stop foliar unless needed to treat for bugs or deficiency. Don't use any additives from here on out unless you are in soilless and need to add cal mag. Temp with led should ideally be about 80f and I would keep like at 24" as at 400w I feel 18" could be to close.

After this give it a week to see the results they don't happen overnight and more changes are likely to have negative affects. Old growth may get worse as you say pay attention to new growth.
Awesome. Thank you so much!

Mommag71

Mommag71

So you will need cal mag. Keep it on grow nutes the entire grow and save yourself the headache of bloom nutes issues. Also skip the pk... It's not worth the issues.
Ok! We actually were gonna try this new stuff. I can’t think of the name. Root-a-gen? Blue bottle line?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok! We actually were gonna try this new stuff. I can’t think of the name. Root-a-gen? Blue bottle line?
Not sure what it is if it's an enzyme or bacteria non-issue but if it's a nutrient I would avoid it at this point.

Mommag71

Mommag71

Not sure what it is if it's an enzyme or bacteria non-issue but if it's a nutrient I would avoid it at this point.
What is PK? I’ll get a pic of the new stuff so I know I’m telling you the right thing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is PK? I’ll get a pic of the new stuff so I know I’m telling you the right thing.
PK boost is usually monopotassium phosphate dissolved in water and sold as phosphorus and potassium boost for flowering. Often you see phosphorus toxicity and contrary to old school thinking it's not needed in higher doses for flowering imo

Mommag71

Mommag71

PK boost is usually monopotassium phosphate dissolved in water and sold as phosphorus and potassium boost for flowering. Often you see phosphorus toxicity and contrary to old school thinking it's not needed in higher doses for flowering imo
Ok. Thank you so much. I appreciate you! Headed to the lab now. So I’ll get those pics and update soon.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

could be several difrent things here,the number 1 thing sticks out at me,is the ideaing of flip to flower,flip feed and all in between,it you continue on this way,there will be a long battle ahead,im with every thing mentioned above,just look at it as a baby forced into a world teen ,teen forced in world of adult,adulted forced into a world of oh shit they fixing to burn me up,hahahah no really cycle them in to what make it work dont force nothing hell if there was the perfect fix growing wouldnt have any enjoyment ,prime exaAMPLE i have a 25 yr old son still living under my roof and swear he inst a day older than 16

Top Bottom