Is this Gnat or Thrip damage - or ?

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dynamite

Dynamite

I have gnats and Im getting more Gnatrol today , but the damage Im seeing on the leafs and the 1 bug I caught a pic of doesn't appear to be a gnat issue

I must of took 50+ pics and only in this 1 pic I caught a glimpse of what I believe to be my issue

there is 18 plants under 6k in #7 containers of bulk wool being fed drain to waste , not a sealed room

any help - thoughts - and ideas are greatly appreciated

Peace ,Dynamite

here is what the damage looks like on the leafs (worse on the lower growth )
Is this gnat or thrip damage   or 3

this is a crappy pic , but thru my 30X scope next to the damaged areas I see black dots of ? ? - some sort of poop ?
Is this gnat or thrip damage   or 2

out of 50+ pics this is the 1 bug besides Gnats I caught a pic of
Is this gnat or thrip damage   or

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
looks like a thrip...google thrip damage and you will see

S

sicinsane

i had the exact same problem. i used monterey insect garden and it worked. i still dont kno what it was. it doesnt fly. it looks like a worm that crawls around. might be thrips.

Dynamite

Dynamite

Yup , I believe your correct - thanks

Im thinking some Avid and Gnatrol should clear things up , I'd use some Neem but I burn sulfer for maintenance and I heard those 2 dont mix

Is there some sort of Nuke bomb for thrips ? ( like avid is to mites ? )

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter

Im thinking some Avid and Gnatrol should clear things up , I'd use some Neem but I burn sulfer for maintenance and I heard those 2 dont mix

careful with neem...i burned the fuck out of my plants with ienstien oil....spinosad is what a buddy is using for his thrip problem

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty

AVID is not going to help you one bit except for going toxic!! Gnatrol won't do anything to a thrip either. Spinosad is your Nuke bomb, cheap easy and pretty safe.

Dynamite

Dynamite

makes slime trails like a slug rite;)...thrip

on more leafs then not with damage yes - what a fuggn pain in the ass , it's always sumthn -

I have a new bottle of einstein oil ,thanks for the heads up

gotta love slug tracks :eek:

AVID is not going to help you one bit except for going toxic!! Gnatrol won't do anything to a thrip either. Spinosad is your Nuke bomb, cheap easy and pretty safe.

good lookn out bro , I've been reading and reading since I posted and from what I'm understanding Spinosad is the way to go , the Gnatrol is for my mild issue , but I'm still trying to figure out what to use to kill the thrip larve in the medium, I guess the Spinosad wont kill the larve ?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
the way i use the einstien oil is...is mix it stiff and make sure to use some kind of wetting agent,,like dawn dish soap..i blast the flyers on top of the soil,,and let me tell you they do not like that stuff at all.. i used it once on my leafs, and wow that shit is evil ...i think there is a reason that bottle is so small lol

dankworth

dankworth

Hey dude, I think Capulator's bennies may also have Spinosad. Not sure, you would have to check. The Monterey product took care of thrips for me, just a couple foliar apps spaced apart according to the bottle squared things away.
I do know Cap's bennies do have Bti for sure for the gnats. I have not seen any in forever since I started using his bennies in tea.
Check out his foliar pack, has lots of anti-pest bacteria.

Top Bottom