Is This Heat Stress?

• Thread starter Badwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Badwolf

so these to are my tallest plants and I have a friend that i sent pictures too and said they were heat stressed. In person they looks stringy not perky and have twisted desformed leaves. Not sure what to make of it so i wanted a seconed opinion on the diagnosis. Leaves seem close to the right color though a little deficient.

Is this heat stress
Is this heat stress 2
Is this heat stress 3
Is this heat stress 4
ken dog

ken dog

I would foliar spray it with Cal/Mag right away and see what happens.

I'm seeing what I think is a magnesium deficiency at the bottom and middle with the tips and the edges of the leaves... And the top seems Like the veins are dark green and the leaves could be more green...

I would try magnesium... Epsom salts... Right away if I had it, and Cal Mag if I didn't.

And yes, could be over watered as well.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
so these to are my tallest plants and I have a friend that i sent pictures too and said they were heat stressed. In person they looks stringy not perky and have twisted desformed leaves. Not sure what to make of it so i wanted a seconed opinion on the diagnosis. Leaves seem close to the right color though a little deficient.
This just happen to my room after the stress of moving and being in a hot closet. Check your roots they are probally brown and not fuzzy white. Your root zone is probally to warm causing a bloom of bad bacteria. Took my plants about 10 days to fully snap out of it.

B

Badwolf

Ok you got some good advice, now what are you going to do.
not one hundred percent sure. At this point i raised my light slightly, flushed soil going to hold on that for the moment and see what happend over a day or so since there doesnt seem to a conclusive answer. Its not a ph issues as i always adjust ph to 6/5-6/8 ill waiting till the soil drys out to test the theory of overwatering and heat if color and issues continue ill go the route of a foiler cal-mag spray in a day or soo depending on the results

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
pH n transplant them!! They look starved for real light to help them thrive...

B

Badwolf

Bit of an update, seems the condition of steady a few days later. They have developed some white brown spots on one or two leaves each. Does anybody regonize what this symptom is?

IMAG0314
IMAG0313
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Have you even bothered to check your roots yet? Also you haven't gave much info about your variables in the room.

B

Badwolf

Have you even bothered to check your roots yet? Also you haven't gave much info about your variables in the room.

No not yet. Is it as simple as just up rooting and repoting the plant, can't that case more stress.

For specifics it's we use the advanced nuit line though we haven't feed this week since we did a flush do too, to high of a nut build up in the soil from over feeding. I have a total of 8 plants these two are the only ones with these symptoms

Strain purple dream
Temp flux between 74-78F
Soil ph 6.5
Water ph has been kept between 6.4 - 7.0
600w mh light with a guess of about 3-4ft from plants. Haven't measured it yet.
Humidity is in flux around 50-65 depending at what point the exhaust fan kicks on.
R/o water

B

Badwolf

Here is a picture of the roots of both plants. Some are bleach white other are a very light brow but nothing is overly dark rather seems like its just stained the same color as water in the soil but unfamiliar with root color and how it relates to health outside of being white

IMAG0283
IMAG0286
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You see any long skinny black grey or tan bugs on them? Looks like it could be thrip damage, I have seen one jump off of the leaf when I opened the door and bury himself in coco before I could smash him...

Neem, beneficial nematodes and natural pesticides/repellants like alcohol mixed with soap and water can be sprayed on the dirt and if done repeatedly will get rid of them.

B

Badwolf

You see any long skinny black grey or tan bugs on them? Looks like it could be thrip damage, I have seen one jump off of the leaf when I opened the door and bury himself in coco before I could smash him...

Neem, beneficial nematodes and natural pesticides/repellants like alcohol mixed with soap and water can be sprayed on the dirt and if done repeatedly will get rid of them.

sprayed on the root ball directly or feed through the soil

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It looked like your roots were a little brown, do you have a pocket microscope that you could look at the roots with? If you see little bugs on em you have root mites/aphids, if not then it is probably overwatering. Root problems can show up as any type of deficiency or toxicity on the leaves.

Wait until the top 2 inches of the dirt is completly dust dry and the pot feels light b4 watering, then water it until water runs out, wait 5 min and water till it runs out the bottom again. If you follow this method you won't overwater. If you see bugs this will still help but won't fix it, bugs are a different story on your roots.

Top Bottom