• Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

Is that you martha ?
😁

fix the mylar... flat as possible not ripply
open them up a little more, they will appreciate the extra space and light
dial down the RH. your too moist in week 4 ( if im reading the gauge correctly)
(maybe 45% and you will see a huge difference)
and no, pistils shouldnt be turning color that soon.

Thank you for the pointers.

Yeah, you read it right, the RH was too high. It was 90% outside, and 60% inside. So today I went out and bought a humidifier, a dehumidifier, and a 4' AgroMax UVB T5 fixture and reflector, and set them all up with a controller. Now if the RH goes above 50% the dehumidifier will come on, and if it goes below 40% the humidifier will come on. And the UVB will come on four times a day between noon and 4pm, 15 minutes each time.

Next up, mylar fix.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Yeah, you read it right, the RH was too high. It was 90% outside, and 60% inside. So today I went out and bought a humidifier, a dehumidifier, and a 4' AgroMax UVB T5 fixture and reflector, and set them all up with a controller. Now if the RH goes above 50% the dehumidifier will come on, and if it goes below 40% the humidifier will come on. And the UVB will come on four times a day between noon and 4pm, 15 minutes each time.

Next up, mylar fix.
your very welcome and welcome to the farm.
alot of great people here with great knowledge.
The photos are great.

my last run was wedding cake. it smokes great, smells and tastes great.

you can get very good yields with fimming/ trimming/lolli-popping/training/low and high stress training.
It can definietly take all forms of stress except access moisture
From my experience:
Its a fairly easy plant to grow & maintain.. Grows like a tree but bushy and leafy.
Nice dark green leaves.

CONS:
it picky about humidity.

my temps were:
77 on
73 -70 off

to dense up the flower, make sure you have the stalks dancing . a nice waltz...
for great yields, fimming very early makes for great stalks.that can easily be trained horizontally; most of the buds will be heavier, firmer, frostier and just about the same size.
its very easy to have 1 gram buds ( and better ) all the way across the stalk..etc etc

just remember not all breeds behave the same just like each run is never the same even if it is the same.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Next up, mylar fix.
At what distance? Be very careful those are extremely powerful lights.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

OMG, thank you all so much for the encouragement. I'm learning as much as I can, but don't have any feedback from anyone. You're the first. So it was incredibly reassuring and confidence-building to get your comments. Really. You don't even know.

Yeah, it sure is, given the knowledge and experience Romulan has. Damn.

Thanks, you guys. I'm a 65-year old woman doing my first grow. My goal is to breed my own strains, as I have very specific ideas about what I want and need. I'm just at the start of my journey, and becoming a knowledgeable cultivator is the first step. I'm devouring every resource I can find, and am enrolled in cannabis botany courses at two universities, as well as reading every book I can and using YouTube and the web for practical knowledge. But I don't know when I doing right or wrong. I'm just trying to listen to the plants. I can use as much knowledge as I can drain from you guys. So thank you for the comments and the reassurance. You guys rock. :)

A photo from today, right at 4 weeks into flower.

View attachment 1177709
Those are some seriously great looking plants.

Frostfire

Frostfire

This is my first grow. I'm in Week 4 of flower. And I'm wondering if this is what Week 4 is supposed to look like.

Two strains: The tall plants are Wedding Cake, the short plants are Wedding Crasher. Grown from clones. Did one defoliation before flower, and another at Day 21 of flower. This is Day 27 of flower.

Am I doing okay? I haven't seen much change this week. Vertical growth has stopped. Will the buds fatten up? I'm already seeing some brown/orange pistils, could that be too much light, or is that supposed to happen?

Any pointers for the next 4-6 weeks (and for my next grow), from those who actually know, would be very welcome.

View attachment 1176917View attachment 1176918View attachment 1176919
View attachment 1176931
Maybe you should be doing the coaching! :)

CannaDana

CannaDana

I agree, you should be sharing your info. You obviously understand what you have been learning far better than you think.

Thank you. The thing is, there's such a big difference between book learning and hands-on experience. It's the difference between reading about driving a car and jumping behind the wheel at 85 mph on a crowded 10-lane highway. Believe me, you wouldn't want me on that road with you! LOL! 😆

Last edited:
CannaDana

CannaDana

My last run was wedding cake. ...It can definitely take all forms of stress except access moisture...

CONS:
it picky about humidity.

Thank you. I was concerned about the humidity, too. So yesterday I got a new setup where temps and humidity are better controlled. Here's the last 24 hours. Can you tell at what point I installed the new setup? 😁

Screenshot 2021 10 11 at 62927 AM

The thing I'm most excited about is that I'm now reclaiming my water. The water collected by the dehumidifier drains into a tank I use to mix nutrients, which then gets pumped out to feed the plants in a nice cycle.

This isn't a big deal now, but as I ramp up for bigger grows it will eventually become helpful. Throughout this grow I've been trying to put in systems that will work at scale. And here in California, water is a huge issue. So I'll be measuring what percentage of water I'm able to reclaim. My grow room is a fairly sealed environment. And now that I can control the humidity, I can avoid having to open it up to lower the humidity.

Last edited:
Frostfire

Frostfire

Thank you. I was concerned about the humidity, too. So yesterday I got a new setup where temps and humidity are better controlled. Here's the last 24 hours. Can you tell at what point I installed the new setup? 😁

View attachment 1177857

The thing I'm most excited about is that I'm now reclaiming my water. The water collected by the dehumidifier drains into a tank I use to mix nutrients, which then gets pumped out to feed the plants in a nice cycle.

This isn't a big deal now, but as I ramp up for bigger grows it will eventually become helpful. Throughout this grow I've been trying to put in systems that will work at scale. And here in California, water is a huge issue. So I'll be measuring what percentage of water I'm able to reclaim. My grow room is a fairly sealed environment. And now that I can control the humidity, I can avoid having to open it up to lower the humidity.
About 2200 (10PM)? Are you running a controller now?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The UVB light is 28" above the canopy, and above the LED. And I'm giving them 15 minutes at a time, only. Is that safe?
Imo that's prob a bit to high. Those bulbs are recommended about 4 ft I think. Id start with prob like 2-5min and see how the respond.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Imo that's prob a bit to high. Those bulbs are recommended about 4 ft I think. Id start with prob like 2-5min and see how the respond.
You mean four feet above the canopy??? I don't have that much headroom.

This is the lamp I'm using.

61bbrEbckUL AC SL1500

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thank you. The thing is, there's such a big difference between book learning and hands-on experience. It's the difference between reading about driving a car and jumping behind the wheel at 85 mph on a crowded 10-lane highway. Believe me, you wouldn't want me on that road with you! LOL! 😆
True, I'm a Teacher so I know exactly what you mean. But once you have a bit of experience it all starts to fall together.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

View attachment 1177857

Ya gotta hand it to modern technology..

water is a big issue in my home country.
I remember setting up " water catchers" with my father & grandfather when I was a kid - grabbing the moisture from the air & collecting it.
we still do it till this day while others have modernized and imported waters makers that run on petro.

Frostfire

Frostfire

I remember setting up " water catchers" with my father & grandfather when I was a kid - grabbing the moisture from the air & collecting it.
we still do it till this day while others have modernized and imported waters makers that run on petro.
Necessity is (indeed) the mother of invention and I admire the fact that you still do it the old fashioned way without burning fuel! I seem to have an unlimited supply of rainwater where I am so I keep a 5 gl container under a spout, but I don't waste it, I bottle it in 1, 2 and 3 gl containers and store it for when it might be needed, which brings me to another 'old adage:' waste not, want not.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

With the right stuff, pvc pipe, plastic barrel, sheet of wood and some boards, I can collect water in the desert.

Top Bottom