Is this how it should look?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

End of Week 6 of flower. This is what they are like today.

I'm kicking myself. I ended up burning them the very first day I used a UVB light. It was too close to the canopy, and I left it on too long, and I got some burn. Too late, Aqua Man informed me the UVB light should have been four feet(!) above the canopy. Learned the hard way.

2-3 more weeks to go. You can't see it here, but the two plants in the back are becoming very purple. A nice surprise. :)

Canopy week 7

IMG 5472 1

Bud

Hoping I get a decent yield for my first grow. I studied and tried to do everything right, but I made some mistakes.

Mugwort

Mugwort

This is my first grow. I'm in Week 4 of flower. And I'm wondering if this is what Week 4 is supposed to look like.

Two strains: The tall plants are Wedding Cake, the short plants are Wedding Crasher. Grown from clones. Did one defoliation before flower, and another at Day 21 of flower. This is Day 27 of flower.

Am I doing okay? I haven't seen much change this week. Vertical growth has stopped. Will the buds fatten up? I'm already seeing some brown/orange pistils, could that be too much light, or is that supposed to happen?

Any pointers for the next 4-6 weeks (and for my next grow), from those who actually know, would be very welcome.

View attachment 1176917View attachment 1176918View attachment 1176919
View attachment 1176931
Very nice...this may be your first grow but it looks like you have someone mentoring you other than this forum and the Internet.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Very nice...this may be your first grow but it looks like you have someone mentoring you other than this forum and the Internet.

LOL! I wish! What I wouldn't give for a good mentor!

Alas, my mentors are all on the internet, and I never interact with them, I just watch and read. Those mentors have names like Kevin Jodrey, Steve DeAngelo, Urban Remo, Kyle Kushman, Swami Chaitanya, Derek Gilman, Patrick King, Chris Ball (Ball Family Farm), Mr. Grow It, Ivan (from Jungle Boys), and Berner (CEO of Cookies). And I have one book, the "Marijuana Grower's Handbook" by Ed Rosenthal. I'm also currently enrolled in a 6-month online course on Cannabis Agriculture and Botany from the University of Wisconsin (the course was designed by GreenFlower in Humboldt County, CA).

But what I really want is a real live mentor who knows what he/she is doing. Someone who can sit with my plants and help me optimize my grow and problem-solve. I just have no idea where to find such a person. I'd also love to be able to work with someone's commercial indoor grow operation, so I can learn the ropes, as my ultimate goal is to be a licensed breeder and cultivator.

Last edited:
CannaDana

CannaDana

Two cultivars: Wedding Cake on the left, and Wedding Crasher on the right. They are related, as you can tell by the names, but it's amazing how different they look. The Wedding Cake is green and dense, Wedding Crasher is purpose and lighter. Interesting.

Wedding Cake colas 110721
Wedding Crasher 2

Panhead59

Panhead59

LOL! I wish! What I wouldn't give for a good mentor!

Alas, my mentors are all on the internet, and I never interact with them, I just watch and read. Those mentors have names like Kevin Jodrey, Steve DeAngelo, Urban Remo, Kyle Kushman, Swami Chaitanya, Derek Gilman, Patrick King, Chris Ball (Ball Family Farm), Mr. Grow It, Ivan (from Jungle Boys), and Berner (CEO of Cookies). And I have one book, the "Marijuana Grower's Handbook" by Ed Rosenthal. I'm also currently enrolled in a 6-month online course on Cannabis Agriculture and Botany from the University of Wisconsin (the course was designed by GreenFlower in Humboldt County, CA).

But what I really want is a real live mentor who knows what he/she is doing. Someone who can sit with my plants and help me optimize my grow and problem-solve. I just have no idea where to find such a person. I'd also love to be able to work with someone's commercial indoor grow operation, so I can learn the ropes, as my ultimate goal is to be a licensed breeder and cultivator.
Sounds like that could be a new occupation for someone with the knowledge and experience.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Okay, done with the first grow.

One light, a little over a pound and a half of flower currently curing. Ima try to get at least 2 lbs per light next time. But I'm happy with this for a first grow. Didn't trim too tightly. Not as tight as commercial top shelf flower, but every bit of it is sticky and frosty. Can't wait to see what it's like in a month. 🙃

Also got a bunch of popcorn for maybe some bubble hash, and a ton of shake for maybe some cannabutter. We'll see! This is all new to me!

IMG 0036

Top Bottom