Is this plant ok?

• Thread starter Rick grimes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rick grimes

So I can tell that I’m getting color change in the leafs so what do I need to add? Also I have never seen the tips on the edges of the leafs curl like this... any advice??? Very appreciated!!

Is this plant ok
R

Rick grimes

Well I haven’t given it any anything besides what was in the soil to begin with, I was told baby plants can’t handle my floranova food. The soil I used was performance organics by miracle gro

az2000

az2000

I have never seen the tips on the edges of the leafs curl like this...

The soil I used was performance organics by miracle gro

Have you grown in this soil before?

I looked it up: 0.19 - 0.03 - 0.03. I think that might be considered "hot." The other two MG potting mixes are 0.25 - 0.15 - 0.15 (approxmiately). I've always read people say those mixes are two hot for cannabis. I know people who grow in Black Gold Organic potting mix. It's 0.05 - 0.00 - 0.00.

Your soil isn't very balanced either. I was thinking the high N should cause toxicity. In some ways it looks like Mg def. N stimulates Mg. Maybe that's related.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use Promix, which is great for overwatering problems and doesn't come pre-loaded with fertilize, so nutrient overload is more easily controlled. Your plant might recover, but it will take a little while. Indica seems to be more sensitive to higher levels. Seriously, Promix is simple and reliable and will give you good results. After you perfect your growing techniques, you can branch out and try more complicated methods, if desired. A lot of the pre loaded mixes can cause issues with too much water retention and too much nutrients. Less is better, for the most part, when it comes to growing. Less water, less nutrients, less messing with them, and they will be happy. I'm not pitching for Promix, but it is so simple that it kills me to see people having problems like you are having.

R

Rick grimes

The edges of the leaves are curling more this morning and using 1000w led

R

Rick grimes

Is it a wrap for this little girl or can I save her? I’m new to the whole science thing behind like the pH and all that good with harvest time and light times that kind of stuff as far as what to add and everything like that I’m not quite sure

R

Rick grimes

So I understand what I’m about to say was stress the plant out big time but would it be a good idea to reach around her and pull her out of that soil and put her in something different she hasn’t been in that soil for very long from the little pot so this root ball might not have gone very far yet

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Light also drives growth. How close is your light. In going out on a limb and gonna say your led is about 250-300 true watts. I would have it about 3' (feet) over the top of the plant to start and work from there.

What are your temps?

R

Rick grimes

78-80 degrees and 60% humidity and oh no it’s only inches from the top ugh and I’m at work

R

Rick grimes

Ok sweet I’ll raise it after work I hope I can save it because it’s a purple plant at least it’s supposed to be lol

az2000

az2000

pull her out of that soil and put her in something different she hasn’t been in that soil for very long from the little pot so this root ball might not have gone very far yet

That might be worth doing. But, to the extent you try to dislodge soil that it hasn't grown into much, you'll risk shocking it. What soil would you use to transplant into? Use a mild bloom nutrient (high P) to wet the new soil. I think that helps the roots recover and get going.

Since that soil is high N, if you could get some brown mulch into the soil it would use the N. (Think of it as composting in the soil to use up the N.). If you could put some brown leaves (or sawdust, or mulch) in a blender and puree it into something super fine (fine enough that it might pass through the soil). Maybe use a coat-hanger to poke holes in the soil to help that liquid mulch get into the soil.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I use Promix, which is great for overwatering problems and doesn't come pre-loaded with fertilize, so nutrient overload is more easily controlled. Your plant might recover, but it will take a little while. Indica seems to be more sensitive to higher levels. Seriously, Promix is simple and reliable and will give you good results. After you perfect your growing techniques, you can branch out and try more complicated methods, if desired. A lot of the pre loaded mixes can cause issues with too much water retention and too much nutrients. Less is better, for the most part, when it comes to growing. Less water, less nutrients, less messing with them, and they will be happy. I'm not pitching for Promix, but it is so simple that it kills me to see people having problems like you are having.
I use promix also. Now I’m recycling it and just re- amending, and composting each year. On year 7 now. It’s been the best medium I’ve used so far.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Friend miracle grow sucks, it has food all ready in the microwave so if you add food they will burn more, it's either to hot a mix for an autoflower, or your light is to close, you want your leaves reaching for light not shying away from it, I only grow autoflowers so every time you water your feeding this has overwhelmed your plant and burned it, if it was mine I would water then wait for the plant to really dry out before you water again, I use fox farm ocean forest alot of people think this is a hot mix, it's not, I have been growing all my autos in it for years and they luv it, happy frog is hotter, next time don't cut corners on medium, if you don't trust fox farm ocean forest try pro mix that works well with autos, I just grew sweet seeds, and have a bunch of strains by them, pic is crystal candy by sweet. If you ever need help will be glad to.

20190501 111503
R

Rick grimes

Friend miracle grow sucks, it has food all ready in the microwave so if you add food they will burn more, it's either to hot a mix for an autoflower, or your light is to close, you want your leaves reaching for light not shying away from it, I only grow autoflowers so every time you water your feeding this has overwhelmed your plant and burned it, if it was mine I would water then wait for the plant to really dry out before you water again, I use fox farm ocean forest alot of people think this is a hot mix, it's not, I have been growing all my autos in it for years and they luv it, happy frog is hotter, next time don't cut corners on medium, if you don't trust fox farm ocean forest try pro mix that works well with autos, I just grew sweet seeds, and have a bunch of strains by them, pic is crystal candy by sweet. If you ever need help will be glad to.
Definitely can see that now! And yes I just thought the same thing when I got home I raised the light and the soil is still damp I’m definitely not watering it again till it’s super dry. And she still looks like she could make a recovery! Raised the light to 3’ going to see what happens!!

Top Bottom