Is this plant ok?

• Thread starter Rick grimes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rick grimes

Thanks everyone for the great information!! It is much appreciated the next on will be much better for sure and on avg what kind of yield do y’all get indoors? I’ve only gotten tops 28-35gs but obviously I’ve been doing it wrong lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks everyone for the great information!! It is much appreciated the next on will be much better for sure and on avg what kind of yield do y’all get indoors? I’ve only gotten tops 28-35gs but obviously I’ve been doing it wrong lol
Your yeilds will improve with experience. That's the single largest factor imo. Looks like your gaining that every day.

Team914

Team914

i have been growing indoor for a while now one of my biggest harvest was 298.8 gr per plant had 5 going at a time you can get big yields indoors one of my rule of thumb is the bigger the pot the bigger the roots the bigger the root the bigger the plant the bigger the plant the more nuggs is worked for me but it realy comes down to genetics id rather quality over quantity as long as your seedling is thriving let her rip you can mold her into what you want her to be later lol happy growing

Wolfe

Wolfe

If you want to make it easy. Here’s a recipe you can use if you want to use super soil and not have to cook your soil. Transplant without burn.
Worm castings

Bat guano 9-3-1 and 3-10-1

Alfalfa meal 2.5 -1-1

Green sand

Kelp meal 1-0. 1-2

Fish meal 10-4-0

Dolomite( check container)

Epson salt( check container)

Microhyaze

Promix has a lot of variety. It’s been the easiest soil to use for me and I’ve recycled it for 7 years.
I use a kiddi pool. When I started I was using about a half a bag of pro mix in the pool, I make a little volcano on the top and pour in my ingredients. Next I add the worm castings. I use about a 1/3 of a big bag around 45 pounds or so. Bat guano:
Up to 6 cups, you could do 3 of each ratio of guano. 2 cups alfalfa meal, 2 cups green sand, kelp meal: 2 cups, fish meal: 4 cups, dolomite 2 cups, epson salt 1 1/2 cups, micro( pro mix makes it with it included) I didn’t use these exact ingredients. But if I did this is what I would do and I’ll let you know what I did use this year, seems to be working well. For now here’s how I would mix those ingredients listed in one kiddi pool mix. Which does about 3/ 20 gallon pots.
This year I used
Recycled composted soil.
Amendments:
Worm castings: 1/3 bag per pool
Azomite: 2 cups
Feather meal: 4 cups
Seabird guano: 2 cups
Bat guano: 6 cups
Neem meal: 2 cups
Epson salt: 1 1/2 cups
Dolomite: 2 cups
Green sand: 2 cups
Fish meal( I think can’t remember): 4 cups
I also put about 2 cups of diatomaceous earth in there. Mix it all up and put the top of the mix in the bottom of the three pots then top them off with the rest in the pool.
The ratios do not have to be exact. The plant takes what it wants when it wants. You only feed it water. If it needs more nutrients you can top dress or give it a boost of tea to which ever plant may need it. I don’t usually have that happen too often. I’ve taken egg shells and banana peels and poured it straight on the soil after blending it with water for extra nutrients and mold protection. But most the time I don’t need anything other than water. The bud is worth it. Because you only use water it doesn’t need flushed. The smoke burns clean and the terpene profiles come out.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Friend miracle grow sucks, it has food all ready in the microwave so if you add food they will burn more, it's either to hot a mix for an autoflower, or your light is to close, you want your leaves reaching for light not shying away from it, I only grow autoflowers so every time you water your feeding this has overwhelmed your plant and burned it, if it was mine I would water then wait for the plant to really dry out before you water again, I use fox farm ocean forest alot of people think this is a hot mix, it's not, I have been growing all my autos in it for years and they luv it, happy frog is hotter, next time don't cut corners on medium, if you don't trust fox farm ocean forest try pro mix that works well with autos, I just grew sweet seeds, and have a bunch of strains by them, pic is crystal candy by sweet. If you ever need help will be glad to.
Ocean Forrest just killed all 3 of my fem tooth decay autos, so I wouldnt make that as a blanket statement, but I didnt think it would be and it killed them all before they even broke the shell off. I realize this was like a month ago, but if it saves one plant its worth it

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have been growing autoflowers in ffoc for over 8 years never once burned a plant, you killed your plants not the medium.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

I have been growing autoflowers in ffoc for over 8 years never once burned a plant, you killed your plants not the medium.
i planted7 blood orange from crocketts, 4 kough drop from duke diamonds stash, and 3 fem autos, never grew an auto before, and save those 3 dead auto seeds, I had 100% germination rate. So you can go ahead and speculate all you want, but if I killed them, its one hell of a coincidence.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Next time you grow autoflowers don't cut corners, you don't need much, a bag of ffof, some people overfeed and blame it on the mix never burned an auto in 8 years, pearlite for airation, if u use pots make shure you cover the holes with clay must have good drainage or use smart pots, I feed my autoflowers very lightly after day 21with botanacare pro grow just a bit, around day 50 or so depending on the strain i flush my plant, add a bit of bloombastic and around 70 days weed, this last plant dark devel is a kinda hard auto to grow but it came out ok, just keep things as simple as possible.

20190802 195018
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

And to show u its not the mix every time i do a grow i take a pic of one of the plants, all plants are autoflowers , everyone a different strain by different breeders all grown in ffoc over 8 years had tons more pics but dropped my other phone in the drink, I could go on and on, my hydro told me ffoc is a great mix for autos, on the other hand ff happy frog is a hotter mix, I have grown many many strains of autoflowers all in ffoc without 1 bit of trouble.

20190707 070921
20190628 180716
20190501 111503
20190408 084437
20190201 063336
20181228 083534
20181108 122518
20180810 073613
TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

And to show u its not the mix every time i do a grow i take a pic of one of the plants, all plants are autoflowers , everyone a different strain by different breeders all grown in ffoc over 8 years had tons more pics but dropped my other phone in the drink, I could go on and on, my hydro told me ffoc is a great mix for autos, on the other hand ff happy frog is a hotter mix, I have grown many many strains of autoflowers all in ffoc without 1 bit of trouble.
I didnt cut any corners, soaked for 24 hours, used paper towel method for 18 hours until significant tails, same as my photos, and made a hole in the soil with a pencil pklaced in hole and gently covered with a THIN layer of soil, but they never popped the surface of the soil. I dont kno if the oil hzd a hot spot in it, but i didnt feed it anything, duh, t brand new OF

az2000

az2000

brand new OF

@Edinburgh is the only person I've seen who says HF is hotter than OF. Everyone says the opposite. (FWIW.).

I don't have any plans to use Fox Farms anything. I have a light airy soil (<<link) that works fine (56% Pro-Mix HP, 22% Kellogg Patio Plus, 22% perlite. The HP already has 35% perlite. And, Patio Plus has 5%, maybe) with my nutrients (<<link, after I dialed in the strength). I like having more control over the nutrients delivered (without going all the way to soilless or hydro), feeding sooner. I also like faster wet/dry cycles.

I started growing in soilless (HP plus 25% more perlite) using GH Flora 3-part hydro nutrients. I wanted to go to soil, but not really the full soil experience (heavy, rich). The above is my halfway point. It feels like I'm doing the same thing I did in soiless. But, there is some soil involved; I'm using more soil'ish nutrients.

I have a goal to eliminate Pro-Mix HP from my soil. (It's not an urgent need. It works fine the way it is.). But, I like to be able to use & recommend things that are easily available, from the local hardware store, without getting into specialty stores. (Not that there's anything wrong with such stores. I just don't think cannabis needs a lot of that stuff. I've been trying to be a minimalist that way.).

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

@Edinburgh is the only person I've seen who says HF is hotter than OF. Everyone says the opposite. (FWIW.).

I don't have any plans to use Fox Farms anything. I have a light airy soil (<<link) that works fine (56% Pro-Mix HP, 22% Kellogg Patio Plus, 22% perlite. The HP already has 35% perlite. And, Patio Plus has 5%, maybe) with my nutrients (<<link, after I dialed in the strength). I like having more control over the nutrients delivered (without going all the way to soilless or hydro), feeding sooner. I also like faster wet/dry cycles.

I started growing in soilless (HP plus 25% more perlite) using GH Flora 3-part hydro nutrients. I wanted to go to soil, but not really the full soil experience (heavy, rich). The above is my halfway point. It feels like I'm doing the same thing I did in soiless. But, there is some soil involved; I'm using more soil'ish nutrients.

I have a goal to eliminate Pro-Mix HP from my soil. (It's not an urgent need. It works fine the way it is.). But, I like to be able to use & recommend things that are easily available, from the local hardware store, without getting into specialty stores. (Not that there's anything wrong with such stores. I just don't think cannabis needs a lot of that stuff. I've been trying to be a minimalist that way.).
Dude I just had the same issue with the Jiffy pellets as it says in your link, never again. I just was short on budget and they were cheap, this round of beans was the best as far as%! I threw the unused Jiffy pellets in the garbage

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If you germanated your beans properly I can't understand why they did not pop! All I add to my mix is pearlite for airation , these seedlings are 12 days old, different breeders different strains, just started useing smart pots, I never had a bean not pop, I did have a few bunk autoflowers over the years but never ever had trouble with that mix, only thing I can think is you sowed your beans to deep, broke the tap root, a good autoflower bean should germanate in 24 hours or less with very weak root systems, once the bean opens and I see that tap root in the hole it goes, never grow long curly tap roots for autoflowers, as soon as bean opens and you see that white tap root right into a 1/2 inch hole, you could have had your light to close when you were germanateing, I mist the spot were I planted the bean, once it pops I water around seedlings, if you don't like fox farm try pro mix, or black gold, but growing different strains and different breeders for over 8 years constantly and have not had one bit of trouble with that mix, and I have a few houseplants in that mix from elephant ears to a huge cacti, no problems.

1566942186865 369259669
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nice looking plants! I agree Foxfarm Ocean Forest isn't hot. I have lost one seedling and another struggled in it but both times it was because I hadn't mixed it thoroughly and broken the clumps up properly

Since I started mixing it properly I haven't had a single issue with a seedling. I suspect people that have problems with it are feeding it too soon or not breaking up the clumps, or both

I did a slurry test on a fresh bag recently it was 6.3 or 6.5 (didn't write it down) and the PPM was under 700 on the 500 scale

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You probably drowned your beans, I soak in glass of water for 3 hours, then put between to paper towls, put in warm dark spot, and if your beans are good you will see a tap root in 24 hours or less, seedling should pop in 48 hours, autos are touchy and bitchy, I grow sweet, methesto, mdanzig, budda, and white label (sensi seeds) you don't have 2 soak for 24 hours next time try 3 hours and put between to pure paper towels, use warm water, drain excess, and put in a warm dark place, keep them moist not wet, in 24 hours your beans shold have germanated.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

You probably drowned your beans, I soak in glass of water for 3 hours, then put between to paper towls, put in warm dark spot, and if your beans are good you will see a tap root in 24 hours or less, seedling should pop in 48 hours, autos are touchy and bitchy, I grow sweet, methesto, mdanzig, budda, and white label (sensi seeds) you don't have 2 soak for 24 hours next time try 3 hours and put between to pure paper towels, use warm water, drain excess, and put in a warm dark place, keep them moist not wet, in 24 hours your beans shold have germanated.
that could have been what happened, maybe becausei say 24 hours, but I spaced an hour or so so it might have even soaked for up to 28 hours, in retrospect

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've found to put them in water when I go to work in the morning, and dump them in paper towel before I go to bed that night works well. Works out to about 16 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom