Is this plant ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Ilike2grownow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Ilike2grownow

This is a d’qar and it’s been in flower for 9-10 weeks now. It’s growing really weird to.. it looks nothing like all my other strains.

Is this plant ready to harvest
Is this plant ready to harvest 2
Is this plant ready to harvest 3
I

Ilike2grownow

I think it’s ready for harvest but I’m not sure. I also have some in veg I need to put in the flower tent. But I can’t do that until the tent is empty.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I think it’s ready for harvest but I’m not sure. I also have some in veg I need to put in the flower tent. But I can’t do that until the tent is empty.
Have ya scoped the trichomes mate? Doesn’t look quite done to me man but it’s hard to tell from them pics👍

tom29625

tom29625

Without knowing how the trichomes look , it's probably close especially the upper part.
Need to scope it and judgement on those results..

Good luck

sambapati

sambapati

Have ya scoped the trichomes mate? Doesn’t look quite done to me man but it’s hard to tell from them pics👍
This looks like a good partial harvest candidate; cut off the top colas and let the middle and bottom branches develop more -- they can also get frosty and crunchy when they get more light. Like @Justlovetogrow said the trichomes will guide you to the end, but don't be afraid to keep it going on longer and wait just a bit longer week or 10 days rebbe?

growsince79

growsince79

I always ask myself two questions. 1) is it still growing? Does it smell ripe? If its done growing and smells ripe, it's ready to cut. Most of my planst have about a 10 day window. Once they get to day one of the window, they won't get any bigger or more potent. Some plants are still gaining terps until the end of the window, so let your nose decide.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Best advice I ever got on this topic as a new grower was to wait until you think it is perfect…and then give it a week. I agree that’s a pretty good candidate for harvesting the tops and letting the lowers finish. Since you are still working out when to harvest, which has a lot to do with personal preference based on what effect you want from your flowers, you might instead consider letting her go a little further until the lowers are pretty done and then cut the whole thing. By that time, your tops should be good and ripe but the lowers will give you a sense of what an earlier harvest is like. Can also cut a branch now and another every couple days until what’s left is well done. Try them and see what you like. Play around with it a little and you’ll find what you like. One of the many benefits of growing your own herb is being able to harvest it exactly when it is right for you. Sorry for rambling…faded af. Cheers

I

Ilike2grownow

Fro you gave some good advice. I’m just going to let them go another week. My main issue is I got a job that is 10 hours away come on the 27th. I really wanted them to be in jars by then and have the plants in veg go into the flower tent. I have an auto feeder that works good for when I leave but it only is good for the plants in the tent. I don’t want them drying in my closet when I leave as it will make them to dry. I’m going to MO which is rec so I’m able to bring the jars to burp them. I also have boveda pack’s which help a ton.

I

Ilike2grownow

I also have 2 more plants in my tent that are pretty much done. But I have a mazar I’m going to harvest that has crap. The buds and so small. I’m just going to use it for edibles, even though I really wanted to smoke it. I’ve heard so much about it but I guess since it’s a landrace it only makes small buds. I also have a sundae batter from green point that has bigger buds than that but still no where the size of my d’qar . My next in the tent I’m looking forward to. I have peanut butter breath, peanut brittle and 2 mean mug from freeborn. I’ve heard those are really good, the breeder I got them from goes by terpenes and not indica/sativa so I think these will come out nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom