Is this powder mildew? I think so.....

• Thread starter BeardedGuyGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldman13

Oldman13

@Oldman13, You can say anything you want about cannabis here in this forum, as long as you can back it up. That's kind of the policy here.
We welcome new members that can challenge old ideas and push us towards new discoveries. Please, keep adding your ideas. We may not agree, but it's Ok.
We don't always agree with each other either. It makes for some interesting conversations.
well thank you for saying that but I wasn't trying to disagree with anybody on anything actually I was agreeing with whomever that was saying that I don't know if it was you but Depending on time remaining four growing or cultivating outside and I how long it takes for something to work at this late time in season, at this point it's almost over for outside cultivation! But in my case it doesn't matter I don't use Mother Nature I have a perpetual grow 24/ 7 without give me types of ending date unless I'm attacked by something and I can't that is like russet mites! And to be honest to my first heard about hydrogen peroxide I automatically figured it was a chemical that I didn't want to use so I went to my local nursery and thought I was talking to somebody to do something who suggested that I use serenade which is a organic insecticide used for vegetable gardens and such and was told it was for human consumption that is why I will never listen to anybody at the nursery again and one of the reasons I came here and became a member I don't try to force myself or anyting upon anybody if I say anything at all it's only because I either experienced it personally or have read about it! It and I was merely suggesting it not forcing it on anybody! This is why I had to destroy my girls I read a lot more about hydrogen peroxide. And from what I read it is a very good supplement for anybody's Garden and should be at least kept it on hand for emergencies except for it does kill everything in your medium including the good bacteria still to this day it's not something I would prefer to use every single day but if there's an emergency I will use it and we were destroying my girls as I have done twice now I didn't have to do it with a white powdery mildew although I found out too late but I did have to do it with the russet mites devastating little creatures supposedly diatomaceous earth would kill them but it wasn't worth me attempting to find out and spending all the time just for them to return because they dug into the dirt somehow or burrowed into the stem as they do for winter! Generally I don't suggest too much, but if it has to do with russet mites or white powdery mildew there is a chance I just might because I know how it feels to lose the girls like that it digs deep into your psyche six months to replace your garden is it open at all especially not knowing what is been put on smoke you're having to buy some somewhere else until you get your supply again not to mention the prices 33. But I believe and have always said the day you stop learning is the day you die. I am always learning and I would never say that I'm always right because I'm not

novazeus

novazeus

i have some powdery mildew on the leaves of my best plant. it's got 3 more weeks in 12/12 before it's done so i added two 4' agromax pure uv in this 4x8 tent.
supposedly uv kills powdery mildew. using uv with h2o2.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I sit here and watch people use outdated methods for dealing with these issues and find it hard ot comprehend using these old methods instead of NEW Products developed specifically for THIS INDUSTRY. Canna has come a LONG LONG way and newer, more efficinet, better quality, are developed every day becuase this is now the EMERGING MARKET. Have any of you looked at @Frankster for his Dr. Frankenstein’s “It’s Alive” category - bio-animation spray. Biostimulant/Fungicide/Insecticide/Surfactant? Froim a medical / chemical background, this stuff is off the charts and more potent than any of the other alternative Organic non-GMO products out there. There are many users who will testify, as myself, of the quality and ability of this concentrate and above all...SAFE! All the way into HARVEST, buds included.

novazeus

novazeus

fyi(i don't smoke. i only eat solventless decarboxlated cannabis extract.)

Str86ed

Str86ed

I read sulfer fungicide does good for powdery mildew. I have fungus of another sort andnim going to attempt treatment with copper fungicide. I wish us both the best

novazeus

novazeus

walmart delivered some of those 8oz whole milk things today so i’m gonna spray them with a 40/60 milk to water ratio tn right before lights on and 5 hours into the cycle two hours of uv added in.

novazeus

novazeus

i'll zap them for a bit while spraying.

found this and this is really interesting!!!

course, i wonder what the girls will do getting zapped in the middle of their sleep.
might be better.
i keep reading i can find different expert opinions.
it's all trial and error and ultimately up to the end user and their particular circumstance.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i'll zap them for a bit while spraying.

found this and this is really interesting!!!
Milk and UV. You should have it beat.

novazeus

novazeus

not pimping for uv but when i find something interesting i wanna share.
i have high hopes of uv raising thc and not raising cbd.
i was taking 3000mg of extract orally for awhile and i’m pretty sure it was the cbd that made my ast/alt jump from the twenties to the eighties.
epidiolex warns about that.

novazeus

novazeus

looks like the 40% whole milk solution worked. idk if the uv helped or not but i did sneak up on it last night and zapped the plants with agromax's pure uv bulb before lights came on.
then shortly after the lights came on and the uv came back on for two hours in the middle of the 12/12.
the strips are mounted to the top front tent support angling down at 45 degrees.
i've read some stuff where they say do one side first and the other side the next day.
being from florida and tanning my whole life in fl sun, that makes sense.
so since the plants are on turntables, tn i'll rotate them.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For those who may not know Norway Maple, commonly planted as an ornamental yard tree in many parts of North America. has powdery mildew issues keep your plants away from these trees if you can. And yes that is PM, there are various products you can treat with, Including diy mix's using H2o2, If your plants are flowering be careful what you choose. And where you apply it, You may need to wash your plants after harvest.

This is not true actually. That species of PM is known as Sawadaea tulasnei and only infects tree leaves, it will not infect cannabis. There are many, many different species of powdery mildew causing fungus that each has a specific target host(s). The PM that targets cannabis Is usually G.cichoracearum, but it can also be infected by Podosphaeria macularis which is the species that typically affects hops.

Have a read through the wiki under the section titled "Powdery mildews of various plants"

Top Bottom