Is this ready to harvest? - Sorry for the noob question.

• Thread starter DjEclipse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Ok so I got a few more pics through a 30x and 60x jewelers loop taken with my phone. The pics are still not as zoomed in as I see in some other pics. temps are starting to drop and we have had a bunch of rain.

I want a body high instead of a head high and I read for that you want more amber trichomes. I can't really tell if there are any amber tricomes in here? Do you guys see any?

Also I read since it is outdoor grow washing the buds is a good idea.

Lastly the leaves are turning purple which I read is a phosphorous deficiency. Should I pick them anyway due to this?

20201007 135901
20201007 135906
20201007 140001
20201007 140033
20201007 140042
20201007 140107
20201007 135539
1gPerWattPlease

1gPerWattPlease

Your going to have to wait until u get
Ok so I got a few more pics through a 30x and 60x jewelers loop taken with my phone. The pics are still not as zoomed in as I see in some other pics. temps are starting to drop and we have had a bunch of rain.

I want a body high instead of a head high and I read for that you want more amber trichomes. I can't really tell if there are any amber tricomes in here? Do you guys see any?

Lastly the leaves are turning purple which I read is a phosphorous deficiency. Should I pick them anyway due to this?
Your going to need to wait till you get your microscope to see the trichomes. Also I would harvest based on % of milky,amber and clear trichomes and the weather,which brings us to the purple leaves. It's just a combination of genetics and the cold weather. Hope this helps. Also here is a link about trichomes and harvest.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Ok so the Microscope came in and it is pretty hard to get a good focused still picture. Once I have it in focus and go to take the pic something moves and it's out of focus.

The it started to rain so one of the pics looks milky.

Here are the best pics I could take.

There are a few amber in this photo, do you think it's 10% and ready to havest?

20 10 08 144052
20 10 08 145000
20 10 08 145055
20 10 08 144100
20 10 08 144929
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok thank you. Do you think I waited too long? Is this too many amber?

Now it's off to home depot to buy some buckets for washing.
no your a good zone, not early not way late..
what’s the strain?

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

no your a good zone, not early not way late..
what’s the strain?

This is great to hear. Strain is Bubba Kush. It is funny as I planted the 3 plants too close together and the one in the middle got pretty big. It turned purple last week, but the others are still pretty green. The green one has some amber but a little less. All milky though.

Entropy

Entropy

Looks like that may be pictures of sugar leaves, the pics from yesterday still show white/pink pistils. I'd think he still has a couple weeks left, the original predictions were pretty accurate IMO.

Dan789

Dan789

My advice, get a 20 power loop, scope those buds, mostly cloudy, 5-10% amber... Then they're done. When buds still have white pistils, your not there.
Not to be picky, but preview what pic’s your posting, out of focus doesn’t tell us anything...

07F8DE01 5380 4EEA 8986 C18B4E214063
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
bubba kush ya you don’t want a lot of amber with that girl.
i’d say anytime up till 5/6 more days.

Anthem

Anthem

great way for you to learn right here

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Thanks for the replies (and video) everyone. It's hard to get a good in focus pic with this scope. It zooms so far in, you line it up perfectly and end up moving it when you push the button to snap the pic. I would love to get a pick like yours Dan, but I can't zoom out that far.

It is supposed to rain 3 days next week and humidity is 70-100%. I took a few more pics and think I am going to harvest tomorrow or Saturday.

I'll try to get a good pic when it is on the table.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Ok so I harvested 2 of the 3 plants. One I think could use more time and I will harvest that one next weekend. I got some pics while the buds were on the table. They are still not the most clear and I have to find a way to reduce the light on the camera as I think it is too bright. There were more amber than these pics show.

I washed them and here is a pic of them hanging to dry.

I learned a lot so far with my first grow thanks to people here. It turned out what I thought were seeds were actually the buds starting to form.

I do have some drying questions/ issues with humidity and temps with my humidifier. I asked them in the appropriate forum here.

How is my trimming? I have no idea if I took off too much or not enough.

20 10 10 061458
20 10 10 061518
20 10 10 061417
20 10 10 061302
20201011 015504
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Hi, just my opinion, anything that sticks to the resin is not going away because of washing with water, so whats the point ?
Besides, hanging washed buds to dry increases the risk of getting fungus.
Make sure you have enough ventilation while drying and check the buds daily.
Good luck !

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Hi, just my opinion, anything that sticks to the resin is not going away because of washing with water, so whats the point ?
Besides, hanging washed buds to dry increases the risk of getting fungus.
Make sure you have enough ventilation while drying and check the buds daily.
Good luck !

There seems to be some people who swear by washing and others who say it's pointless. Being an outdoor grow I could see all kinds of crap on the buds when I looked at them up close.

Washing seemed to take a lot of it off.

Please read my thread in the harvesting section as I am asking about my dehumidifier Temps etc.

I had a fan on the buds Hung up for 1.5 hours, undiluted there were no actual water drips on them before I moved them to the drying tent.

Now I have a dehumidifier small oscillating fan on the floor and 6" 400 cfm fan exhaust ingredients air out of the tent. I would think this is enough airflow?

I'm having a hard time with my Danby 50gal dehumidifier as if I set it to 50% I'd constantly goes from 60% ( turns on) and then down to 45% ( turns off). It keeps cycling like this every 2 min.

I wonder if the dehumidifier is too big for the small 3x3 grow tent. Or if the rise and fall of humidity every 2 min like this is ok?

Temp is around 73deg F as the humidifier gives off heat.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I
There seems to be some people who swear by washing and others who say it's pointless. Being an outdoor grow I could see all kinds of crap on the buds when I looked at them up close.

Washing seemed to take a lot of it off.

Please read my thread in the harvesting section as I am asking about my dehumidifier Temps etc.

I had a fan on the buds Hung up for 1.5 hours, undiluted there were no actual water drips on them before I moved them to the drying tent.

Now I have a dehumidifier small oscillating fan on the floor and 6" 400 cfm fan exhaust ingredients air out of the tent. I would think this is enough airflow?

I'm having a hard time with my Danby 50gal dehumidifier as if I set it to 50% I'd constantly goes from 60% ( turns on) and then down to 45% ( turns off). It keeps cycling like this every 2 min.

I wonder if the dehumidifier is too big for the small 3x3 grow tent. Or if the rise and fall of humidity every 2 min like this is ok?

Temp is around 73deg F as the humidifier gives off heat.

And about harvest time, I'd say part is fact and part is preference.
Fact is an optimal timeframe of about 10 days ideal for harvesting.
But ideal comes down to preference, most people i know harvest relatively early, as they dont want an Indica knockout effect or do want a Sativa to be energetic.
Amber trichomes means part of the THC slowly starts degrading into CBN, not CBD as i still read too often.
CBN has a more narcotic effect, even in small amounts, hence the knockout (depending on the genetics of the variety of course).
In Marocco plants are traditionally dried on rooftops, in the sun. That also increases CBN. Most is used for hash, and the result can be incredibly delicious. So should we also dry plants in the sun ? Again, it depends on what you want, preference. I might try a branch some day, experimenting is a good thing.
And anybody who likes washing buds should just do it, it does make me curious, i might actually try washing some buds.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

I

And about harvest time, I'd say part is fact and part is preference.
Fact is an optimal timeframe of about 10 days ideal for harvesting.
But ideal comes down to preference, most people i know harvest relatively early, as they dont want an Indica knockout effect or do want a Sativa to be energetic.
Amber trichomes means part of the THC slowly starts degrading into CBN, not CBD as i still read too often.
CBN has a more narcotic effect, even in small amounts, hence the knockout (depending on the genetics of the variety of course).
In Marocco plants are traditionally dried on rooftops, in the sun. That also increases CBN. Most is used for hash, and the result can be incredibly delicious. So should we also dry plants in the sun ? Again, it depends on what you want, preference. I might try a branch some day, experimenting is a good thing.
And anybody who likes washing buds should just do it, it does make me curious, i might actually try washing some buds.

Thanks for the reply. I grew Indica as I didn't want a head high, I wanted more body. I thought if you harvested early with less amber you would get the knock down effect? It's the other way around?

As my first grow it has been a long road and I still have lots to learn. I am so afraid of getting mold or waiting too long for harvest, this is why I took down 2 and left the 3rd.

This grows started out as a complete disaster in January! lol It was supposed to be an indoor grow, everything was going great until they just stopped growing when they got to 1.5-2" tall. I took down my big grow light and used a smaller halogen. They grew a little better but still stayed small. I thought I killed them but figured why not try outdoor. Early June I put them outside and they started to grow again.

So these things are 10month's old, I know I can do better next time. I think I left them in too small of pots and that is why they weren't growing.

So getting anything decent out of these is a bonus.

After drying I will try again to grow 2 plants indoors. Looking for seeds now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom