Is this Redness normal

• Thread starter Green buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green buddy

Green buddy

Week 1 in veg and I see slight redness in the stems. Hope it's fine. Will feed her just water next few rounds. Hopefully that ll fix ? Pls check the photos. Thanks

Is this redness normal
Is this redness normal 2
urban1026835

urban1026835

usually red stems are from lack of mg or cold and rarely,( though people like to think more often then not) genetics.

if you dont have any mag or cal/mag around and your temps are not too cold try adding a pinch of epsom per gallon and that should green those stems up/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Check my thread (top sig link, The Charts). I'm going to suggest possibly cold, causing poor P uptake and utilization.

Super quick method for Mg is to mix 1/4tsp into a gallon of water (with a sticker-spreader) and give a foliar. If there's a change over a few hours, then you know that Mg is out of balance.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Haha, sorry for pointing it out I'm not much better ;). What sticker spreader do you use? I'm just curious because it's such an easy method to see if it's MG. It's helpful. Earth juice? I use yucca therm X but it makes some things to bubbly and blows my sprayers o ring out

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sea; does the epsom salt ever burn pistols?

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
And @Seamaiden dr bronners citrus soap? Or what, there's a bunch. Stylets is expensive but I'd get it if
It works. I'm lookin at 125 bottles

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:)
View attachment 432447
that was back in june^^

Below was taken is last week. same plant
Is she still wine red? That's all my BOG LSDs, super dark wine-red main stalk and petioles, it's beautiful. I wish it were a perennial because it's easier to grow than Japanese maples.
Sea; does the epsom salt ever burn pistols?
Not at that solution rate, I've never seen it.
And @Seamaiden dr bronners citrus soap? Or what, there's a bunch. Stylets is expensive but I'd get it if
It works. I'm lookin at 125 bottles
Any castile soap, which are true soaps, now made usually with vegetable fats, but some may be made with tallow in the old way. I doubt any Dr Bronner's is made with tallow, but I'm pretty sure they're all true soaps and that's what you're after.

I like the JMS because it's not just a sticker-spreader, it's also a good adjuvant and is an excellent treatment all by itself for two common problems--PM and spider mites.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Is she still wine red? That's all my BOG LSDs, super dark wine-red main stalk and petioles, it's beautiful. I wish it were a perennial because it's easier to grow than Japanese maples.
Its a Bog Thing then! :) yep the main stems are still red.
my Japanese maple isnt happy this summer at all:(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey, if you can't be anything else in life, at least be a good entertainment value! I value entertainment quite highly. :D
Its a Bog Thing then! :) yep the main stems are still red.
my Japanese maple isnt happy this summer at all:(
Mine, either, looks most unhappy with the lack of rain during winter and no other irrigation. And now the deer are dragging my poplars down, almost killed a large sapling, and they've munched the hell out of it. They can't take down my weeping cherry, but it's got a seriously funny mushroom-head haircut thing goin' on right now.

INbreed312

INbreed312

Damn that's red! Should call that strain 'the Ginger'! Things not looking any better? Are you thinking it is genetics?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Damn that's red! Should call that strain 'the Ginger'! Things not looking any better? Are you thinking it is genetics?
Is that question for me? :)
Things are looking great..Im sure its Genetics..

Top Bottom