Is this signs of root rot?

• Thread starter KristiRae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep, but when inspecting the plants, I don’t see any other signs for P, looks more Sulphur. Man this is hard. I thought for sure that with the emerald harvest line up we wouldn’t have as many nute issues.
I doubt its the nutes. cannabis doesn't need a much P. Its something else like locking it out etc.

K

KristiRae

Tell us more about your soil or a picture from the bag. I looked up your newts it didn't tell me much but I'll post a link maybe it will tell somebody else what I didn't see, good luck

Alternate spinosad and azamax; stay away from neem it doesn't help imo
I am personally using Coco, and my partner is using Pro-Mix.

22EB0D47 AC7C 4410 98E9 E0C197147054
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You using any UV lighting like black lights? I'm not saying that could be the issue just curious for my own knowledge.

K

KristiRae

You using any UV lighting like black lights? I'm not saying that could be the issue just curious for my own knowledge.
No, we have Meizhi 1200W LED, and in flower we have Spectrum king LED 1000W(I believe)

chemistry

chemistry

Plant looks stuck to me, like it needs some thing that's missing to move on and grow, the only def I know that can do that in any medium is Magnesium, so my vote goes to the splash of mag camp.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I looked up some old posts, and I think that Phosphorus deficiency is associated with the purple veins and stems. The deficiency can be caused by too much potassium, which somehow competes with the available phosphorus. Deficiencies caused by nutrient imbalances are tough to figure out. I wish I knew how to test for just specific nutrients... but I know that Potassium is difficult to leach out of your growing mix, if it is the culprit here. Thanks to @Dirtbag for the info... last year!
I starting to think this is it... coco i know fucks with K and CA

K

KristiRae

Got it, am I understanding correctly that you both have the same purpleing in different media, and on multiple strains??
That’s what your hearing. This is what we having going on, I have Garlic Butter(thug pug) in coco, and Blackwine (Jordan of the islands) is coco. Also have a Muel Fuel(Thug pug) in soil. I chose to go with Coco to see what medium I like better. I always found soil to get too solid and the water would just run around the top and down the sides verses giving the roots a drink that they need. Now with the coco I’ve found my plants to be way bigger then the ones in soil. However we are both using emerald harvest and seeing the same results. Wondering if I should still be using calmag even though the coco blend says not too. My partner has a peanut butter breath(thug pug) in soil, a GCPX Dr who( Jordan of the islands) in soil and a black wine as we’ll in soil. I’ll post a pic of the Veg tent.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
That’s what your hearing. This is what we having going on, I have Garlic Butter(thug pug) in coco, and Blackwine (Jordan of the islands) is coco. Also have a Muel Fuel(Thug pug) in soil. I chose to go with Coco to see what medium I like better. I always found soil to get too solid and the water would just run around the top and down the sides verses giving the roots a drink that they need. Now with the coco I’ve found my plants to be way bigger then the ones in soil. However we are both using emerald harvest and seeing the same results. Wondering if I should still be using calmag even though the coco blend says not too. My partner has a peanut butter breath(thug pug) in soil, a GCPX Dr who( Jordan of the islands) in soil and a black wine as we’ll in soil. I’ll post a pic of the Veg tent.
I grow in Promix and have for decades, but I haven't seen any issues like this. If you add cal-mag to Promix, which is already buffered, then it's possible that your Ph is rising and causing a deficiency/lockout. The common denominator seems to be the Emerald Forest, but I'm pretty un-knowing when it comes to that brand of growing medium or nutrients. A foliar application of magnesium would bypass the roots and show rapid improvement if the issue is a magnesium lockout, although Cal-Mag can cause issues with magnesium getting locked out if used excessivly. Cal-Mag causing magnesium deficiencies? Yep... if the Calcium raises the Ph too much, Magnesium is one of the 1st nutrients to be locked out, from my experience... but this is more complex than a simple deficiency.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

🤯

Mites I can help with, but I have no clue how what you've described is happening ?

If you're both using the same newts that would be my best guess as to the common purpling

I put a link to your nutes up above, beyond that I'd only be guessing, best of luck!

K

KristiRae

I grow in Promix and have for decades, but I haven't seen any issues like this. If you add cal-mag to Promix, which is already buffered, then it's possible that your Ph is rising and causing a deficiency/lockout. The common denominator seems to be the Emerald Forest, but I'm pretty un-knowing when it comes to that brand of growing medium or nutrients. A foliar application of magnesium would bypass the roots and show rapid improvement if the issue is a magnesium lockout, although Cal-Mag can cause issues with magnesium getting locked out if used excessivly. Cal-Mag causing magnesium deficiencies? Yep... if the Calcium raises the Ph too much, Magnesium is one of the 1st nutrients to be locked out, from my experience... but this is more complex than a simple deficiency.
🤯

Mites I can help with, but I have no clue how what you've described is happening ?

If you're both using the same newts that would be my best guess as to the common purpling

I put a link to your nutes up above, beyond that I'd only be guessing, best of luck!
whats your fix for mites?!?

K

KristiRae

whats your fix for mites?!?
We were giving the kit for nutes as a trial, we will not be sticking with it because we are in Canada and cost is outrageous, just looking to learn as much as possible and keep applying technique for success. We have some in flower just about ready to come down and didn’t struggle with it as much as this grow.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

We were giving the kit for nutes as a trial, we will not be sticking with it because we are in Canada and cost is outrageous, just looking to learn as much as possible and keep applying technique for success. We have some in flower just about ready to come down and didn’t struggle with it as much as this grow.
Check out Mega crop & Master Blend, I believe they're both available in Canada

Latest posts

Top Bottom