Is this Spider mite damage

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benjones

I just got some clones and 2-3 have what seem like spider mite damage . I looked on the under side of the leaf with a 50x magnifier and saw quite a lot of little black dots and after about 3 minutes finally saw a white thing moving , it had 2 black dots on its back/head . I have removed the leaves with damage and sprayed with neem oil water and potassium soap .

Is it spider mites and if so is it worth trying to get rid of them or should I throw them out ?

I can get lady bugs if that will help

Thanks
Is this spider mite damage 2
Is this spider mite damage

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

are you willing to loose those genetics or they are something you really need to keep them going on your rotation in the future?

one way to get rid of them is treating clones, much easier to treat clones on a quarantine room than a flowering room.
while you get the main room sanitized and clear of them bitches.

B

benjones

thanks @Trash_2002

no i don't need to keep them , i can throw them out . unfortunately they have been kept near my mothers .

i should add that they are rooted so i could possibly put them in another room

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

thanks @Trash_2002

no i don't need to keep them , i can throw them out . unfortunately they have been kept near my mothers .

i should add that they are rooted so i could possibly put them in another room
take as many clones you need from the moms (double or triple of what you will need)
and treat them while they root in the quarantine room/tent, get em upside down in the rockwools and submerge the whole clones in the treatment solutions do not submerge the rockwools, treat them every 3 days for 4 treatments 12 days total, something natural pyretrin based (neudorff spruzitz af)+ neem oil solution.;.. dip first on neem them on neudorf, use gloves.

when they are rooted and you saved the numbers you want.. start cleaning every fucking thing in the main room with bleach solution, pots, walls, tents, throw away all used substrate and useless infected stuff including all the infected plants.

dont go in the quarantine room after going inside the infected room without a bath and changing cloths.

anyway that's what i would do to clear 100%.
if you have a advanced flower going you have to make some choices of how you gonna deal with it.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
take as many clones you need from the moms (double or triple of what you will need)
and treat them while they root in the quarantine room/tent, get em upside down inj the rockwools and submerge the whole clones in the treatment solutions do not submerge the rockwools, treat them every 3 days for 4 treatments 12 days total, something natural pyretrin based (neudorff spruzitz af)+ neem oil solution.;.. dip first on neem them on neudorf, use gloves.

when they are rooted and you saved the number you want.. start cleaning every fucking thing in the main room with bleach solution, pots, walls, tents, throw away all used substrate and useless infect stuff including all the infected plants.

anyway that's what i would do to clear 100%.
if you have a advanced flower going you have to make some choices of how you gonna deal with it.
One of the best way possible to deal with it. That coupled with early detection, you may be able to dodge the bullet for the most part. I’ve definitely taken some plants on a dip before. It works well.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

After everything has been cleaned, you can release predator mites. They work way better then lady bugs. They will get any strays your cleaning my have missed

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

anyways how hardcore is the infestation? its only on veg? how many plants?
have a overall photo of the infected room and plants?

B

benjones

After everything has been cleaned, you can release predator mites. They work way better then lady bugs. They will get any strays your cleaning my have missed
would you know what names of mites i am looking for ?

B

benjones

anyways how hardcore is the infestation? its only on veg? how many plants?
have a overall photo of the infected room and plants?
i got 6 plants . they were about a foot tall but i topped them as they were stretchy and now they are about 6 inches with about 3 set of leaves on each .

i have removed any leaf that looked infected

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

i got 6 plants . they were about a foot tall but i topped them as they were stretchy and now they are about 6 inches with about 3 set of leaves on each .

i have removed any leaf that looked infected
There are many products that will kill them on contact, that's needed tho kill adults and eggs on contact.
and they reproduced very fast in 5 days cycles, that's why the 4 treatments 3 days apart each you gonna get 2 full reproductive cycles of them in the treatment.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

neudorff spruzit af, Spinosad or Azamax
all works see if you find em in thailand.
Treat the Plants and the Room Same day, first treat the plants than the room. spray all over and under them every 3 days for 4 treatments. clean room again after 4th treatment.
its very little plants you can do it without a quarantine.

Top Bottom