Is this Spider mite damage

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

yes @Trash_2002 yeah the mothers are pretty big .
same treatment inside the same room make sure you get spray in every leaf and stem under and over... if they get back after 4 treatments do another 4 with a different product.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
After everything has been cleaned, you can release predator mites. They work way better than lady bugs. They will get any strays your cleaning my have missed
Most effective method IMO. I had it really bad in 2 Veg rooms and my whole flower room. It’s really nice watching the predator mites clear those bitches out of your sacred buds ❤️🌱
#fightbugswithbugs

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I just got some clones and 2-3 have what seem like spider mite damage . I looked on the under side of the leaf with a 50x magnifier and saw quite a lot of little black dots and after about 3 minutes finally saw a white thing moving , it had 2 black dots on its back/head . I have removed the leaves with damage and sprayed with neem oil water and potassium soap .

Is it spider mites and if so is it worth trying to get rid of them or should I throw them out ?

I can get lady bugs if that will help

Thanks View attachment 1997871View attachment 1997870

Sounds like you have 2 spotted spider mites. These are easier to get rid of than red spider mites, though.

Are your plants currently in flower or veg? If they're not in flower yet you could try Neem, or as I like to suggest - AgroMagen Grow Safe Biopesticide.

If you want to try Neem (which is a little cheaper and easier to find) I highly recommend the Garden Safe brand Neem Oil Extract. They sell it at Walmart and most garden centers. This brand of neem oil does not have the active ingredient azadirachtin in it, which arguably can end up in your flower, even if only used during veg. I personally ONLY use this brand of Neem and have had great success with it.

Biopesticide- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M983TRL/ref=twister_B09R2CP56Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Neem- https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Safe-Neem-Organic-Gardening/dp/B09X29CCYN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=XAPH6ZVQD4RM&keywords=grow+safe+neem&qid=1687546880&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=grow+safe+neem,lawngarden,165&sr=1-3

If you go the neem route - make absolutely sure you spray the plants just before lights go out (or at dusk if outdoors) so that the neem can fully dry before light touches the plant. Otherwise, you'll get what's known as "neem burn" and greatly damage your plants.

I recommend the biopesticide because it is also organic and safe, but will not damage your plants. It's a little pricey but it works very, very well.

The biopesticide can be used in flower, where neem cannot. The only downside to the biopesticide is it will leave a slight scent of a deep fryer on your plants directly after spraying. This can be rinsed off later, though. This is because it is mostly corn, soybean, sunflower and coconut oils. It is OMRI listed organic and safe for all crops, also will not kill honeybees. Also, the biopesticide kills eggs, which is extremely helpful for faster recovery.

I have had even the most extreme infestations completely eliminated after 1 spray, with a second spray just in case a few got away.

If either of these 2 options don't appeal to you, you could also try predatory mites as suggested above, or ladybugs, but this will not be a "quick" solution and if you're growing indoors or more specifically in your house, you'll have to consider if you want a bunch of bugs possibly getting loose in your house.

At any rate, not the end of the world. Spider mites come standard with just about every grow here in Colorado unless you take significant measures to prevent them, and even then, infestations still happen frequently.

I do not under any circumstances recommend using azamax or any other chemical pesticides for spider mites.

Also when you go to spray your plants, make sure you spray the entire plant, taking careful measures to spray underneath the leaves, as well. Turn your sprayer nozzle upward and completely coat the underside of every leaf, as this is where the mites like to live and lay their eggs. Make sure you coat the stalks and stems, as well.

You can also use diatomaceous earth sprinkled over the soil around your plant (if you are indeed growing in soil, pots) because spider mites are also known for laying eggs in the soil, as well. This will kill any of them that come out of the soil and try to climb your plants.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!
🤠

Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

Foliar spray with slightly diluted 3% peroxide. And yes, mite damage for sure. Make sure you treat every couple weeks for a month and a half or so

Top Bottom