Is this too much light for my seedling?

• Thread starter Budfarmer21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budfarmer21

It’s been 11 days today since it sprouted. I’m led to believe the super purple stem is from low temps here at night. However there hasn’t been much growth in the last couple days. And it looks like my cotyledon leaves are starting to yellow, which I assume it’s way too early for that. So maybe it’s a deficiency or a light problem? I’m running a 1000W LED on its Veg lights. Any advice would be appreciated I’m quite new to this.

Is this too much light for my seedling
Is this too much light for my seedling 2
Is this too much light for my seedling 3
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hello BudFarmer.

Answering Galaxy's and Cajun's questions will be a helpful first step. Here are just some random observations while we wait to hear from you.

That soil seems sketchy to me for a seedling. It looks more like mulch than soil. The way you water a seedling is very important, and the media it is in defines how to water.

OK we are posting at the same time, I'll wait for your answers before I type out the rest.

B

Budfarmer21

What is your grow media?
Water source?
ph?
Water source is spring water because I don’t have a ph reader. Grow medium is True Living outdoors with total Nitrogen 0.14%, Available Phosphorus 0.11% and Soluble Potash 0.08%

B

Budfarmer21

Hello BudFarmer.

Answering Galaxy's and Cajun's questions will be a helpful first step. Here are just some random observations while we wait to hear from you.

That soil seems sketchy to me for a seedling. It looks more like mulch than soil. The way you water a seedling is very important, and the media it is in defines how to water.

OK we are posting at the same time, I'll wait for your answers before I type out the rest.
The soil definitely looked a little sketchy once I started realizing what other growers soil looks like. Is it too early to transplant into a better soil?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Water source is spring water because I don’t have a ph reader. Grow medium is True Living outdoors with total Nitrogen 0.14%, Available Phosphorus 0.11% and Soluble Potash 0.08%
I know nothing about that soil, so I googled

True Living outdoors grow cannabis

and got an earful stating it is no good for our needs. I think if you can get your hands on something proper for our needs like ocean forest or happy frog or whatever you can find locally that is for cannabis, you will be far better off. I'd transplant and replace the dirt, and lift the plant up in the cup leaving only like 1/2" between the soil and the rim of the cup.

If you think your seedling is too leggy, you can plant some more of the stalk in the new dirt which will then grow roots there too.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

too early yes, still only a taproot
I get where you are coming from. There is danger in doing this if you try it in beast mode. But if you are very careful, it is do-able. But you are right, if the seedling is already in trouble, transplant shock could send it over the edge, or if you damage the root(s). So it comes down to trying to make the best of this questionable soil which has stalled the growth and is turning cotyledons yellow, or moving to a proper soil, including the risks.

Either way is a risk.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I get where you are coming from. There is danger in doing this if you try it in beast mode. But if you are very careful, it is do-able. But you are right, if the seedling is already in trouble, transplant shock could send it over the edge, or if you damage the root(s). So it comes down to trying to make the best of this questionable soil which has stalled the growth and is turning cotyledons yellow, or moving to a proper soil, including the risks.

Either way is a risk.
Wish I had a seedling to show ya how I’d do it - it’s very doable!

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Man, that seems pretty high for a seedling in trouble to me. Normally we back the light down when we have issues to make the grow more forgiving.
agree too soon forgetting the state of affairs with transplant etc.

B

Budfarmer21

Thanks all! I found this at a local Rural King. Is the Spring water okay to work with until I can get my hands on a Ph tester? Also, when I transplant how big of a container do you recommend? I feel like the smarter option would be to get it out of the less than desirable conditions and deal with the possibility of transplant shock later.

6F9ED512 A2D6 4EBA 9D44 1E9FB4F06C39
Top Bottom