Is Three 1k Hps To Much Light For Amount Of Space And # Of Plants?

• Thread starter markesparza1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markesparza1

markesparza1

ok guys just need some feed back before I waste a whole bunch of light /$ on some plants in about to flower in a room I'm setti g up with 3 1k air cooled hoods in a 5x10 space I have 18 plants In veg I want to put them in flower Aesop. As like get about a foot tall but I was t gonna top them but I'm just thinking about if it's a bad idea not to bush them out because I don't think that's gonna be enough plant to over that much area lmk what y'all thing should I veg a bigger plant or just go with two 1k hps instead of three??

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
50 Square foot room 3K watts would be 60 Watts per square feet, you about 10 watts above the bare min.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
If those are DE hps two would be enough and 3 would be a lot. If you get two DE you can boost to 1200 and you will have plenty for that space.

3x3 plants per 5x5' per light is very doable but then I would veg them longer and yes top them. Depends a lot on the variety too though. 16 plants (32total) would work better if you want to keep veg time short.

markesparza1

markesparza1

If those are DE hps two would be enough and 3 would be a lot. If you get two DE you can boost to 1200 and you will have plenty for that space.

3x3 plants per 5x5' per light is very doable but then I would veg them longer and yes top them. Depends a lot on the variety too though. 16 plants (32total) would work better if you want to keep veg time short.
Yeah I was thinking 3 hps lights would be to much for a 5x10 area but I'm not worried about temps I'll be running three cooled hoods with a power full ac I think I might even run co2 but I actually have a total of 20 plants exactly are started to low stress training them today because it's my first time growing these strains and didn't k ow if they would handles it well but I guess I'm gonn have to veg a little longer cause I really want to push at least lbs from a 3k room no less than that what you think ?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

So

so what your saying is a 5x10 area is perfect for three 1k hps ?
He,s saying u could maybe add another light but u could grow with what u have.in my personal experience its more about can the grow room handle the heat the lughts giv off.obviously u can giv too much light(unless plants are too close to light but its a rarety in my experience for plants to suffer light toxicity.iv never seen people complain about it but iv read it is possible.

markesparza1

markesparza1

He,s saying u could maybe add another light but u could grow with what u have.in my personal experience its more about can the grow room handle the heat the lughts giv off.obviously u can giv too much light(unless plants are too close to light but its a rarety in my experience for plants to suffer light toxicity.iv never seen people complain about it but iv read it is possible.
Thanks buddy I thought he said that was to much light for that area.

mancdank

mancdank

ok guys just need some feed back before I waste a whole bunch of light /$ on some plants in about to flower in a room I'm setti g up with 3 1k air cooled hoods in a 5x10 space I have 18 plants In veg I want to put them in flower Aesop. As like get about a foot tall but I was t gonna top them but I'm just thinking about if it's a bad idea not to bush them out because I don't think that's gonna be enough plant to over that much area lmk what y'all thing should I veg a bigger plant or just go with two 1k hps instead of three??
U would probably have enough with 2 x 1000w fitting for most of there life defo enough for veg and maybe put the 3rd 1 on when the canopy is real dense but watch your temps and always make sure there's enough head height do some research on what strains your using for amount of stretch and imo u would be fine hope this helps :) also u would be fine topping them as long as u train em and keep the bottoms clean lollipop style theres a lot of strains out there that need real long veg and training to make them pay and others u can just let go like for example the mint cookies we got takes at least 4-6 veg to make it pay where as the Stardawg only needs 10 days max and will give the same weight

markesparza1

markesparza1

U would probably have enough with 2 x 1000w fitting for most of there life defo enough for veg and maybe put the 3rd 1 on when the canopy is real dense but watch your temps and always make sure there's enough head height do some research on what strains your using for amount of stretch and imo u would be fine hope this helps :) also u would be fine topping them as long as u train em and keep the bottoms clean lollipop style theres a lot of strains out there that need real long veg and training to make them pay and others u can just let go like for example the mint cookies we got takes at least 4-6 veg to make it pay where as the Stardawg only needs 10 days max and will give the same weight
Thanks buddy that was more of the info I was looking for I'm good on head space I believe a little over 8 foot and growing mostly indica strains I hit from herbies , purple bud white label seed company , white widow X big bud , and money maker from strain hunters , also something called love piece by vip seeds

markesparza1

markesparza1

I just chopped a unknown strain I got from a buddy my second time running in a 4x4 tint with a 1k hps if y'all want to see pics really frosty stuff

mancdank

mancdank

Thanks buddy that was more of the info I was looking for I'm good on head space I believe a little over 8 foot and growing mostly indica strains I hit from herbies , purple bud white label seed company , white widow X big bud , and money maker from strain hunters , also something called love piece by vip seeds
Defo get the bb x ww topped bro I have lots of experience with both strains and they will love u for it make sue u have plenty of air movement in heavy flower and keep your eye on your humidity both are fuckers for bud rot

markesparza1

markesparza1

markesparza1

markesparza1

It's my second grow I could of done a better trim job just got a little distracted cause it took me like 5 hours straight by myself mane longer

markesparza1

markesparza1

Oh yeah don't mind the restroom I cleaned the fuck out of it before lol

markesparza1

markesparza1

Defo get the bb x ww topped bro I have lots of experience with both strains and they will love u for it make sue u have plenty of air movement in heavy flower and keep your eye on your humidity both are fuckers for bud rot
Theses are the ones I'm veging rn those seeds I popped from herbies

markesparza1

markesparza1

These are the seeds a named from herbies that o popped

Top Bottom