Isa Pruning Techniques For The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

antimatter

I find that multiple topping makes not only for poor plant structure but also poor flowers.

I tried to find pics of your grows antimatter, but i couldn't. Can you post some pics and or data on your technique

I do it in order to keep the plants a certain height, I grow large plants indoors and I like to keep them under 6 feet for my vertical hanging bulbs. Structure wise topping does make the structure weaker as you have Y's that need support or they can snap much easyier then if the plant was left untouched. Topping for me does not give me more weight, I feel it just makes more smaller colas but more numerous, but once again it allows me to keep the plant a controlled height. I only like topping when there smaller and long before going into the flowerroom, if there to big you just get a pointless Y structure, you want it to be done in a way that you have many colas not just a single Y. I consider it a bonsai technique.

M

medicine21

thanks for fielding the questions while i am so busy ET. Your right those diagrams are poor at best but i figured they were better then nothing and all i could find at the time.

Over the next week ill include pics of several large scale pruning projects that i hope will make this information more clear.

I'm looking forward to the clarifications. If the diagrams don't explain the technique properly than I am not sure what it advocates exactly aside from removing dying and sucker branches...

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I just got out of the hospital yesterday with broken fingers, arm, sturnem and ribs. And the other arm has a dislocated shoulder. I am back to work but it will be a while before I am back to posting. Good luck all.

HG23

HG23

Damn, sorry to hear that, what happened? Hopefully not a growroom accident.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

It was a car accedent. I am very lucky to be alive. It happened early Friday morning and by sat I cleared surgery (3 plates in my arm and pins in my fingers) and was back to work in my rooms.

Thanks for all your support.

K

Kaiser Puff

Glad you're ok DS. Back working in the rooms already? Damn you could take a long weekend or something!

S

ScrOGer

It was a car accedent. I am very lucky to be alive. It happened early Friday morning and by sat I cleared surgery (3 plates in my arm and pins in my fingers) and was back to work in my rooms.

Thanks for all your support.

You are HARDCORE! Right on. Passing positive vibes your way.....

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Well, the defoliation/topping wasnt documented as well as i would of liked, but ill post what i can, and make sure to get better pics next time...

The main goal after the topping (removal of about 80% of the top most budding site of the apical meristem) is to remove 2-6 sets of the largest leaves that are in direct cover of other top most bud sites. You can see how it opens up the plant in the pics below....

IMGP3384
IMGP3385
IMGP3386
P

phup

DS you obviously love what you do. Good luck with the healing process. Don't push yourself to hard for a while, we need you to be 100% so you can keep dropping all this awesome knowledge on us!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

DS you obviously love what you do. Good luck with the healing process. Don't push yourself to hard for a while, we need you to be 100% so you can keep dropping all this awesome knowledge on us!

haha thanks alot man. the broken ribs hurt but everything is healing super fast (i think the work is a huge part of why).

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Ok, got the second round of defoliation in. the greencrack didnt need it, but the ppp sure did.

Pics are pre and post defoliation (same plant)...

IMGP3518
IMGP3519
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Each plant had 4-8 sets of the largest leaves removed. Here is the finished room and the bucket of leaves that were removed...

IMGP3533
IMGP3534
IMGP3535
IMGP3538
M

medicine21

Thanks for the pics! When in veg/flower do you do the defoliation?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

This was probably the last real defoliation we will do. Pics are at around 2 weeks.

(pics are before, after, before, after, etc.)

IMGP3752
IMGP3753

Latest posts

Top Bottom