iso and a slow cooker

• Thread starter pharmaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

A few drops of water to raise the boiling point makes perfect sense.

...so the oil itself helps the BHO to stay "liquid"...and your oil is more "fluid" due to you purposefully choosing strains with a more fluid quality at ambient temps?

Does anyone have an opinion about the viscosity of real honey and it being added to an oil to ease the use with an eye dropper?
I'm speaking of real Tupelo Honey, not the sugar-water fed bee honey, but wild bee honey!

I dissolved 2 grams of BHO into 10 grams of 160F raw honey as a test and it stayed in solution but when cold the honey was pretty stiff. I had to heat the test tube in hot water to get out samples.

GW

2gm BHO in 10gm honey
P

PureSugar

This is kind of off the original thread topic but it seems to fit in with the direction the thread has moved.

I cleaned out my bong that I only use for oil earlier and I have a few questions about the oil that the ISO I used to clean it with. The tube had a really thick coat of oil in it. (I wish I took a pict before I added the ISO) It smelled great like unsmoked oil so I added the smallest amount of ISO I could that would dissolve the oil and thought the resulting oil might be usable. I know something gets added to ISO so that it's not supposed to be ingested but I don't remember what it is. (I'll have to google later my girl is yelling at me to go to dinner) I also got a nice amount of oil from the bottom of my oil globe. I know people use ISO to make oils from but my question quickly is can I just let the ISO evaporate from the dishes I've poured the extracts into or is some purging process necessary? I ask because the dish from the globe extract is almost fully evaporated, but it smells like straight ISO. I looks yummy but smells deadly.

Here are the picts
1 Bong with dissolved oil in ISO
2 The ISO from above in a dish
3 ISO from the oil globe in a dish almost fully evaporated

ISOBONGCLEANING2 WEB
ISOinPYREX WEB
GlobeHoney WEB
P

PureSugar

I guess I was just a little too anxious. I got back from dinner and the ISO smell is gone and the oil from the globe is thick enough not to move when I turn the dish on its side. I'm going to let it sit out at least 24 hrs. Is this safe to use or do I need to heat it to purge it?

GlobeOilTopLaterWEB
GlobeOilLaterWEB
Graywolf

Graywolf

The reclaim oil that I've extracted, was heavy in the high melting point constituets. It provided excellent pain relief, but was more of a sedative than a euphoriant.

GW

P

PureSugar

Thanks GW. I still have a question. Is this usable with just air evaporation or do I need to heat it to purge it?

Bongreclaimed24hrsWEB
Globeoil24hrsWEB
Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks GW. I still have a question. Is this usable with just air evaporation or do I need to heat it to purge it?

Heat and time are interchangeable to some extent.

I use heat personally, but more time at ambient would probably work.

GW

J

jordisgarden

Do you guys use the oil to cook? or do you dip buds in it? is that even possible? or is it a toipical lotion?...sorry for my ignorance. i just nevsaw anyone make oil till now

C

CAPO

Pretty much anyway is possible. It's close to a pure extraction like BHO or WaterHash.

The only real difference is the consistency....a greasy sap. It is a little more fluid when warm. I think the only difficult part of oil, is it's workability. The stickiness can prove challenging. I found the best way to handle is when it's warm, drawing it up in an oral syringe. If when it cools and stiffens, you just stick it in some warm water.
You can work it out of other types of containers with a large paper clip.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Do you guys use the oil to cook? or do you dip buds in it? is that even possible? or is it a toipical lotion?...sorry for my ignorance. i just nevsaw anyone make oil till now

I've never dipped bud in oil because it would ostensibly make a hard to handle sticky mess with the oil I make.

Close, but different, you might check out ICM threads on dipping buds in BHO extractions as it is flashing off.

A couple of drops on some bud in a bowl definitely enhances it and coating doobie papers on the inside, in concert with a tasty strain, uniformly put a smile on the face of the test panels, despite it uniformly giving them all coughing fits.

"Smoooooth! Bring me more!" Alcohol extracted oil seemed to be smoother than oil extracted with PET ethers, and the PET ether extractions were rated speedier, with the alcohol extractions rated as more calming and relaxing.

Vaporizing it on a ti sponge or "skillet" works good too and there are threads on that subject. Check out the current one on HMK pipes, and check out Volcano pads.

Yeeeessss you can cook with oil and mix it with menstruums to enhance its effect and flowability. It blends with about any oil, fat, or alcohol in a recipe.

It makes a killer topical with the right enhancers. Check out Holy Anointing Oil and offsprings.

I personally mostly use it in a sublingual mix and topically, but enjoy fast relief and uplifting moments smoking or vaporizing.

Good stuff! There are even good recipes out there using it as a supository.

GW

Graywolf

Graywolf

Having said above that cooking with cannabis is easy and salubrious, let me add this caveat. It can also be heart breaking and I prefer to take my medibles in measured doses and my food as quality and gusto dictates.

I don’t make medibles (medicated edible food stuff), unless I know the group consuming its tolerance and medicated state. Like wise I choose carefully whose medibles I will eat and under what circumstances.

Tasty food is how most people OD! “Wow, tasty stuff, I could eat my weight in that”, especially if my taste buds have already been titillated by other means of imbibing.

Not life threatening thus far, but uniformly rated as not a pleasant experience.

Insidious because meds ingested that way, takes a while to reach peak effect and it combines with all other sources of medication, including drinks.

Orally I use three drops of the following:

10 gm Cannabis oil
3 gm MCT or Virgin Coconut oil
.7 gm Cinnamon leaf oil from NewDirectionsAromatics.com
.7 gm Cinnamon bark oil
.5 gm liquid Gum Myrrh
1 gm Cinnamon candy flavoring oil from LorAnneOils.com

Uniformly embraced by the testers and nick named the “Good Shit” by patients specifically requesting it. Dosage has been approximately *one to three drops sublingually with the groups tested thus far.

There was *one discombobulating response from a low tolerance patient at one drop and no ODs from the high tolerance group at six drops, though I saw a high tolerance patient mildly OD to whirly stage, after a subsequent evening of exuberance that started with testing this medication.

*Discombobulating being that despite having a designated driver “hot date” to drive him home, sooth his fevered brow, and tuck him in, he got lost navigating the way, even though he grew up and has lived here his whole life.

Bon Appetite!

GW

I

Inuit

Hahahahaha. Too funny greywolf.

I too sent someone home once, less than 5 miles away, grew up right here, and they got lost in the neighbor hood they grew up in! First bubble hash experience for a very lightweight person. Thankfully, she called me, lost in her own neighborhood, and found herself just a second later. Too funny indeed.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the recipe.

I

P

pharmaseed

SO for a update guys! this shittttt is serious. I tried taking a few drops and had ltl to no affect on my so last night me and one of my patients tried .5cc of pure chocolope oil. (wut a friend suggested) Needless to say we were literally tripping our asses of for 4 hours until i couldn't take it any more and took a clonzapam to pass out. I was so high i ended up vomiting ..It was a stronger trip then the best mushrooms you could imagine. I wil NEVER attempt this again i think i am going to try 4 drops and keep working up day by day until i get it dialed in. ANy one have any suggestion on how to ingest this with out it sticking to your teeth ?? lol

P

PureSugar

Just to update you guys, I finally tried the reclaimed oil last night and it tasted awful. I also was paranoid about the safety of my purging method. I let it sit out at room temp 75F (24C) for 6 days I then heated the bowls in hot water bath cooler than boiling but much hotter than tap for about 15 mins.

When it returned to its "super gooey sticky" state I brazed it with a torch, after it cooled I tried a dab...and now I have two clean bowls cuz I got that stuff otta there right then!

H

HowardHunt

I think I must just have a gangster slow cooker, haha.

Mine has a variable temp option, plus a built in thermometer that I can let sit in there and it will auto keep it at whatever temp I need.

I still use it as a double boiler though. The internal ceramic dish in the slow cooker is black so it would be a big pain to use it direct.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

To Graywolf (apologies to OP if this is pulling thread away from original topic):

I'm fascinated by your cinnamon tinc recipe because I have been looking a long time for something that works sublingually, but does not burn the mouth like alcohol tincs.

A couple questions:

Are the other ingredients really able to dissolve the 10g cannabis oil? It seems so unlikely to me. When I make 10g of iso oil, that stuff is very stiff at room temp.

Did you have to heat up the canna oil before blending?

And does the tinc really end up liquid/mobile enough to dispense drop-wise?

Does the cinnamon oil make the mix very hot in the mouth, or does the coconut oil serve to dilute it to where it isn't?

Thanks so much in advance for the insight. I hope this is what I've been looking for. Alcohol tinctures are too irritating, and glycerine tincs do not work for me. Edibles are too unreliable (or maybe I should say my liver and stomach are too unreliable), so those aren't a good option for me either. I'm really looking for something that works sublingually, yet I find it hard to imagine cannabinoid oils being able to go through the oral tissues...

cheers
Mr. Molecule

Top Bottom