issues in coco coir still ;/

• Thread starter TheRealM00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Having learned that my girls were over fed from advice on here i flush them and started feeding teh gelato at a ppm range of 400-500 and my amnesia about 600ppm, i notice my run off ppm the next days hitting 1000 again and the next day 1100, i also notices some what i blieve to be interveinal chlorosis possibly appearing more after the flushing etc. either way unhappy with this run ff reading i did a big flush again today now feeding both at about 500 ppm and run off ppm coming out about 400ish and i plan to continue with the low ppm feed currently doing 1 week canna pk 13/14 at about half dose reccomended give or take and running canna coco a and b NPK5-4-3 with humboldts secret golden tree addative NPK 0-0-2, i had been using more part b to account for the extra phospherouys neede di thought but i am now doing both a and b at the same rates. I hope this helps you to work this out as i am unsure. Thanks

~Picture 1 was the 1 taken a few days ago before todays big flush. biggest plant is gelato small is amnesia

Sampleganja
Sample g5jpg
Sampleg1
Sampleg2
Sampleg3
Sampleg4
Sampleg6
TheRealM00

TheRealM00

They don't need P boost to much at this stage imo.

I'd stick to 50/50 a and b and NO PK boost at all. 400ppm-500ppm and get good runoff.
Thanks so much for your advice, i guess my only question for you now is, i forgot to mention i raised my light a little because of the top bits being more yelowed on the amnesia, should i re lower the or is this an acceptable thing to do given the yellowing?currently about 15-16 inmches away from the 600 watt hps from about 13-14 inches. is the total damage done that bad and will it effect th eyield by much? Do these plants look as tho they will develope reasonable size buds? Thanks again

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks so much for your advice, i guess my only question for you now is, i forgot to mention i raised my light a little because of the top bits being more yelowed on the amnesia, should i re lower the or is this an acceptable thing to do given the yellowing?currently about 15-16 inmches away from the 600 watt hps from about 13-14 inches. is the total damage done that bad and will it effect th eyield by much? Do these plants look as tho they will develope reasonable size buds? Thanks again
Really nor well versed in HID lighting.... id wait till you get them back on track before increasing. They will need them for photosynthesis or else they will try to rob the lower leaves to feed new growth like is happening now.

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Really nor well versed in HID lighting.... id wait till you get them back on track before increasing. They will need them for photosynthesis or else they will try to rob the lower leaves to feed new growth like is happening now.
sorry i was confused i understand now thanks.. just 1 last fact i forgot to mention, the run off ph is about 6.5 and it actually seems as tho it increased afte rthe flush as it was about 6.4 before hand, is this a normal thing to happen? how carefuly should i monitor this? and my cheap co2 bag has ran out should i replace this to increase chances of success or will this not be so important? Thanks

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

sorry i was confused i understand now thanks.. just 1 last fact i forgot to mention, the run off ph is about 6.5 and it actually seems as tho it increased afte rthe flush as it was about 6.4 before hand, is this a normal thing to happen? how carefuly should i monitor this? and my cheap co2 bag has ran out should i replace this to increase chances of success or will this not be so important? Thanks
Did you ph adjust the flush?

growsince79

growsince79

Probably still too close.

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Did you ph adjust the flush?
Hi i did ph the flush at about 5.6 5.7 ish and every feed about 5.5-5.8 occasional 6 in past but 5.8 and under for a good week or so now and its at 6.5s and creeping over slightly maybe, is this going to be a big problem? and is there anything i can do for it besides flushing as that didnt do anything to the ph some how. Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi i did ph the flush at about 5.6 5.7 ish and every feed about 5.5-5.8 occasional 6 in past but 5.8 and under for a good week or so now and its at 6.5s and creeping over slightly maybe, is this going to be a big problem? and is there anything i can do for it besides flushing as that didnt do anything to the ph some how. Thanks
Grab a syringe and suck some water out of the bottom part of the soil and test it. Wondering if there is just a salt buildup on the bags affecting it.

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Grab a syringe and suck some water out of the bottom part of the soil and test it. Wondering if there is just a salt buildup on the bags affecting it.
Hi i did this just now, i used a peppet type dropoper to do so and teh ph of it was saying 6.68 when the run off rom it was saying 6.5 in 1 and 6.59 in the other, so do you think its just the bags? Cheers

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

the run off ppm is rising slightly after each watering is this normal to? only rising by about 50ish or so each time so far

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the run off ppm is rising slightly after each watering is this normal to? only rising by about 50ish or so each time so far
That's ok... honestly I wouldn't chase numbers to much if the plants are healthy let em be. If they are not then I would look for a fix.

Just out of curiosity what nutrients again?
Source water?
Ph down brand?

Just to see if it's an alkalinity issue. I think I have asked this before lol. But my memory is not as sharp as it used to be

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

That's ok... honestly I wouldn't chase numbers to much if the plants are healthy let em be. If they are not then I would look for a fix.

Source water?
Ph down brand?

Just to see if it's an alkalinity issue. I think I have asked this before lol. But my memory is not as sharp as it used to be
Hi its Growth technology ph down canna coco a and b and humboldts secret golden tree, its uk tap water usually comes out with about 120 ppm. do they look healthy enough from the pictures? i think the gelato is healthy enough but i am unsure with the amnesia, are those yellowed leafs going to slow it down much?

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Source water?
Ph down brand?

also on a side note is it normal for new growers to think their bud sites are not fattening up/ ever going to fattenm up? or might it be my buds are not actually going to mfatten up much at all?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi its Growth technology ph down canna coco a and b and humboldts secret golden tree, its uk tap water usually comes out with about 120 ppm. do they look healthy enough from the pictures? i think the gelato is healthy enough but i am unsure with the amnesia, are those yellowed leafs going to slow it down much?
That ph down is good stuff. When you flushed how much ph and temp adjusted water with cal mag did you run through them?
also on a side note is it normal for new growers to think their bud sites are not fattening up/ ever going to fattenm up? or might it be my buds are not actually going to mfatten up much at all?
These are looking around week 3 of flower... what week are they in. Definitely stress will jmpact yield as will the amount of light. Don't even think about yield.... ever. Concentrate on healthy plants and yield will come. You can't force more yield out of a stressed plant, you can only make it worse. So just concentrate on finishing the grow the best you can. It's going to take a few grows before you should even think of how to improve yield or bud size. Until then it's just learning to keep them healthy start to finish and that itself will drastically improve your yields.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Again don't chase numbers to much... I raise my ph in flower up to about 6.2 your not far off... at this point there is not a lot of new vegetative growth so if your not seeing the plant get worse then imo do NOT mess with it as you likely to create more issues than fix.

Top Bottom