Issues with Plants Vegging with Gavita 1700e

• Thread starter Cannasurfing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

VPD charts are dangerous to just grab and use.... you should be calculating your own chart if you are going to use VPD because I promise that chart is far to high on the RH for an LED grow.

Co2 will make a big difference in the VPD you need. Increased levels of co2 reduce transpiration rates and will need to be run at a higher temp and a lower humidity (higher VPD) to make up for this.
Lol ok

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Absolutely agree with @sshz you do NOT want to blast sick or struggling plants with light.... it will only make them worse.

No clue what ya mean about LED having no intensity... this is absolutely not true and why LED outperforms HID because it provides much more light intensity per watt
More ppfd per watt

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe take a read here to understand why you need leaf temps. Leaf temps are the single most important factor in the calculation. Without them you may aswell not even use VPD.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No if your referring to intesity “heat” leds have none of. Only if the leds are about 12” or closer. Hes running them at 3ft?
Oh man please stop... LED produce less heat because they typically until recently lacked any IR spectrum. They still produce heat as a byproduct of efficacy converting electricity to light and some of that energy is lost as heat.

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Maybe take a read here to understand why you need leaf temps. Leaf temps are the single most important factor in the calculation. Without them you may aswell not even use VPD.

Can read all u want not until u actually get out there an grow.
No if your referring to intesity “heat” leds have none of. Only if the leds are about 12” or closer. Hes running them at 3ft?
now*

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Oh man please stop... LED produce less heat because they typically until recently lacked any IR spectrum. They still produce heat as a byproduct of efficacy converting electricity to light and some of that energy is lost as heat.
Dude now you just sound like master grower. Relax. Just trying to help this guy out with 18 light room. Not a little closet grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can read all u want not until u actually get out there an grow.

now*
Spoken like a true bioscience grower. I dont care how many lights you run. Bad advice is bad advice..

How about you enlight us with your VPD chart and how it works since you recommended it then when presented with facts you digress to maybe I need to grow?

Also your alternate universe on ppfd and LED.

Cause you know I don't know how to grow and apparently the good advice and throughout questions previous to you in order to make an informed diagnosis are you know irrelevant and science is just reading

So what is PPFD and VPD in the world you live in?

I'm not trying to be an ass and speaking as a person not a mod I don’t much care for condescending remarks to extremely accomplished growers helping others. So ill just return the favor.

Anthem

Anthem

Oh ok you have 18 lights... sorry to dispute your knowledge.
Aqua Man take a look at his profile the guys gear just looks like shit, leaves burn and buds are small. He is just a noob and thinks he knows how to grow.

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Spoken like a true bioscience grower. I dont care how many lights you run. Bad advice is bad advice..

How about you enlight us with your VPD chart and how it works since you recommended it then when presented with facts you digress to maybe I need to grow?

Also your alternate universe on ppfd and LED.

Cause you know I don't know how to grow and apparently the good advice and throughout questions previous to you in order to make an informed diagnosis are you know irrelevant and science is just reading

So what is PPFD and VPD in the world you live in?

I'm not trying to be an ass and speaking as a person not a mod I don’t much care for condescending remarks to extremely accomplished growers helping others. So ill just return the favor.

um ppfd is measures by a meter
Aqua Man take a look at his profile the guys gear just looks like shit, leaves burn and buds are small. He is just a noob and thinks he knows how to grow.
lmfao thats what u call a fade young grasshopper. My gear sells for 2800 no problem. Again not tryna diss anyone here just tryna give out sum growing advice. But yall are just dogging it. So fuck it. U guys know everything.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Could be better could be worse. Just don't like when we get new members that come in spouting misinformation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

um ppfd is measures by a meter

lmfao thats what u call a fade young grasshopper. My gear sells for 2800 no problem. Again not tryna diss anyone here just tryna give out sum growing advice. But yall are just dogging it. So fuck it. U guys know everything.
A measure of what by meter? Light intensity perhaps? Aka photon density?

Look just give it up... arguing over something this stupid to try and prove yourself right when you are clearly not is only gonna make you look unreasonable. Ill be the forst to admit when I'm wrong... well usually.

Anthem

Anthem

He is a 909er. That makes him a goat roper living out in the IE, they are just backwards out there. Wow 28 a unit, like that is special 4 months ago. HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom