It's Alive! Blackberry OG Round 1 - MPB Style

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GWAP

I was sweating how the bounce was gonna go. Gotta say better than I thought! Rocking those seedlings and looking good!

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I just spent the last 2 hours reading the ur build and grow threads. Your grow room belongs on a space station bro. What are you growing, sterile weed?:tongueout EXTREMELY well thought out room man and I am jealous beyond believe. Sux about your rez but looks like things are turning around for you. Mad respect TF.

B

bluemoonrocks

Much respect bro your setup is killer! I wanna do this someday very very soon for sure

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

New starts

Thanks everybody.

Latest news on current grow. Plants in flower are still battling the rot. Unsure still if they are going to make it to the finish line.

On the bright side, I started some new seeds. Chem valley kush :)

10 started. One dud. Wish me luck!
IMG 1996

IMG 1995

IMG 1994

So far it has been ph balanced RO at 5.4 for the first week and a half.

Then I gave them the slightest nutes. In 1 liter I put 5 drops cal-mag and 5 drops of liquid seaweed. the last 2 waterings. (every other day)

I think that they might be ready for a slight bump up.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sweet... I hope you have better luck with Swerve's CVK than I did... I'm guessing these are the new non-auto flowering batch... :wondering Also, I'm sure your next round in the room will be much better as long as you don't beat the shit out of your girls with all the preventive measures... Everything in moderation should keep them happier...

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shady,
thanks man. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have no idea if they will auto. Hope they don't.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Pulling the Plug

Well, I think that I have fooled myself long enough on this round. The buds still have NO smell at all and not enough leaves left to support any resemblance of proper growth. Leaves just keep dying off. I just officially pulled the plug on the batch. Will try round 2 as soon as possible. Wish me luck.

-TF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sorry to hear the loss TF, but it sounds like cutting your losses is the best option considering the operating costs involved. Good luck on the next run my friend... :cool

B

Bobby Smith

Agreed with Shady - best of luck on run #2, I'm sure you're gonna kill it.

E

easypleasie

That sucks, bro. I totally know how you're feeling right now. I'm still bummed from my first attempt! But I learned more from it than I ever imagined and nothing can substitute for the experience. Expensive lesson though lol. Any chance they can make it to harvest time? Got any pics of the girls/roots?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I will post up some pics later. On my way back from Oakland. Was up there for new years. Primus show, and got to stop by harborside and blue sky as well. Picked up some more seeds there as well. This round definitely had no chance of making it. Not enough leaf structure to support proper growth. No crystals at all, and no smell. At over 5 weeks, that spells out lost cause to me. I definitely feel you on the expensive lesson. I can see why someone who makes a living on their grows, would wash their hands of this mess. I will give it another go this next round. That coco does look pretty tempting after a tanked MPB run. Maybe after next time.

-TF

JPLord01

JPLord01

Sorry to hear that they did not make to the end that sucks. Man the coco is so easy when you get the hang of it the feeding and all. I just hand water them no pumps no chiller no stress.Stop by my coco run I did a update peace out .

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

OK, here is the carnage.

First, the five tired girls before the chop.

IMG 2008

IMG 2009

IMG 2010

IMG 2011

IMG 2012

The trunk was over 1.5" thick!

IMG 2018

Here is the root of the evil. It was rot all along, of course.:sign0055:

IMG 2022

The rot seems to come right at or above the water line of the net pots.

IMG 2027

I have on all of the victims a solid root mass 6" in diameter and 2 inches thick of healthy root mass. Below that is where the problem lies. I used the hydro fungicide in my res, but didn't top feed the girls with it, except for a couple of times. If I have rot in the future, I will have a special purpose extra bin just for soaking in. That way I can fill it up with physan20 or hydro fungicide to the brim and let it soak (airstone in the bucket of course).

My conclusion? I think that the net pot being in the water at all is asking for increased rot problems. I will have to make some sort of collar to raise the net pots the correct amount. I have roots that are protruding from the bottom before I transplant anyway. Completely cut the top feed. Hand water from the top for a little at first only. Other than that, no added moisture to the net pot at all. We shall see how it goes.

I will give it to the UC guys out there. For you it is as simple as adjusting the float, to control your water height. Much easier, and better.

-TF

E

easypleasie

Yikes! I'm so sad for ya, bro. You've got some serious cleaning to do now if you're gonna run everything the way it is again. Don't want any lingering nasties to fuck with your next run. Maybe split the risk next time and run a couple coco plants in there? I'm doing that right now so I know i'll have at least a few girls to harvest.

I completely abandoned my mpbs...tossed all the plumbing and bins away. My new rdwc tubs are going strong but I still wonder if they will make it all the way to harvest. Benes and enzymes seem to be keeping things in check...for now.

Good luck with the next run!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks easy. I will give it one more run as I said before. The system is flushing with bleach water right now. I will go through much flushing of different kinds in the amount of time that I have before the room runs again. Lots of scrubbing and sterilizing too.

I have already been brainstorming some coco ideas for the future. Drip to waste looks like the possible winner. For now, I will read up and try to learn as much as possible.

C

canaguy27

My conclusion? I think that the net pot being in the water at all is asking for increased rot problems. I will have to make some sort of collar to raise the net pots the correct amount. I have roots that are protruding from the bottom before I transplant anyway. Completely cut the top feed. Hand water from the top for a little at first only. Other than that, no added moisture to the net pot at all. We shall see how it goes.

-TF

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have lost a few plants on my first two runs bc of this. Now I know the problem though. It is rotting in the same area and doing the exact same thing. I have the home depot colars, and the problem is that the root mass is being pushed up by the water. It gets stuffed up there and rots. My solution was to get rid of the colars, but since it does the same to you, then I won't.

The other thing I thought about was the top feed. I didn't at all the last run bc the roots were more than long enough. Maybe a constant top feed with HF in the system would help keep the rot at bay. I am not sure at this point. The cubes were completely above the water in the mpb system.

I will continue to use mpbs bc they are so hands off. I only work on it once a week during flush. I leave it alone the rest of the time.

B

Baddog

Sorry For You Bro Gettem next time! No Consolation but my first 2 runs were a lot worse! Im Livin by less is more Now! Very Nice set up! Looks like a Star wars Grow shop!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Canaguy,
Are you saying that your rot happens right above the water line, in between the net pot and the bucket collar? I want to get the bottom of the net pot to be right above the water, with the collar or spacer only on top of the mpb lid.

C

canaguy27

Canaguy,
Are you saying that your rot happens right above the water line, in between the net pot and the bucket collar? I want to get the bottom of the net pot to be right above the water, with the collar or spacer only on top of the mpb lid.

Yes, between the colar and the net pot. I wish I would have taken a pic. I may be trimming my colars down a bit because I left them long to try to keep the roots out of the drains.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I really didn't have much problem with roots obstructing the drains. They will always travel down there, but I just pull em back out.

Top Bottom