IT'S OFFICIAL: POT LEGAL IN CO

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

Not quite but your almost there. Just a few more things need to be put in place and then its time to grow and blow lol! No smoking permitted in public unfortunately. Yeah right lol! Legal sales will start at the end of next year. They will be regulated so if you about to go legal and grow and distribute you better start looking into that asap. Let the fun begin :)

Melizzard

Melizzard

Ahhhhh yes ... so proud to have settled in the first state to legalize! And to think I thought, most of my adult life, I was meant to be in the mountains of NC. I do miss those magical forests and hills, but NC legalizing? Yeah, not in MY lifetime, even if I WASN'T terminally ill! LOL

xxoo
Melissa
(no more need for the nick now!)

Melizzard

Melizzard

I just read this ... what does this mean for us?

"“The Department of Justice is reviewing the legalization initiatives recently passed in Colorado and Washington state. The Department's responsibility to enforce the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged. Neither States nor the Executive branch can nullify a statute passed by Congress. In enacting the Controlled Substances Act, Congress determined that marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. Regardless of any changes in state law, including the change that will go into effect on December 10th in Colorado, growing, selling or possessing any amount of marijuana remains illegal under federal law. Members of the public are also advised to remember that it remains against federal law to bring any amount of marijuana onto federal property, including all federal buildings, national parks and forests, military installations, and courthouses.”
John Walsh
United States Attorney, District of Colorado"

xxoo
Melissa

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Washington was the first state Mel. So me thinks you are in the Second state to legalize it (officially). Our vote was counted first.
What does it mean? They are restating their position and aim to go after the state government employees. Just like they did in Cali and Washington earlier. Easiest way to throw a wrench in it is to threaten a career politician with jail time. They can shut down shops, but they have limited resources and it's easier to scare the politician than the criminal.
It is also been apparent that the DEA and FDA are trying to downplay their authority over the CSA and push that onus on the Congress for re/de-scheduling. All three have the power, but none wants to do it.
And it will be interesting for sure. State rights issues have cropped up on all fronts and they know full well many states may not be for 'legalization' but they are for 'states rights', and could easily band together on that front to return taxes and powers to states. Arizona with immigration. California with everything. Texas always want to secede. The list continues.
But who knows. Just in the 'war on drugs' MJ is a small part and they know it. Then you add in all the other stuff a federal government worries about, in today's world. Will be interesting to see how much they really devote to it, and how much they posture.
Let us not forget every year the Cartels keep upping their war. At some point they may give in the domestic MJ just to keep Mexico from becoming a full blown Narco State. Well I can hope at least.

sky high

sky high

Reminds me of the written warnings on the Med cards.

But hey...we all know it's illegal Federally. We all also know that the fed has no MONEY to pursue any of it but what is profitable for them to seize/absorb. That isn't to say that they don't have measures they can use to fight this...but IMO, we're gonna see something very different than a threat to come in and ride herd/bust a bunch of folks. As I said before, this is so HUGE that the Fed will lash back by withholding Highway funding, Educational funding, and all other funding they offer to Colorado. At that point, when the State sees that they will LOSE FAR MORE $$$ than MJ can bring back in via taxation (and there's a good year+ gap BEFORE sales/taxes would be generated) ...the gig is gonna be up.....at least for the sales/commercial side of all of this.

With Gay Rights and MJ legalization hitting them as a "one, two punch".....the Fed is going to be forced to draw some sort of a line in the sand on "States rights". Whether it's a new line...or whether they merely trace over the old line is yet to be seen....

Either way...I've already had 2 folks approach me and ask if I would assist them in getting a personal garden up and running..... LOL. One of em doesn't even smoke weed..he just loves to grow it.... so I told him we could work something and I'd furnish him all of the equipment if he gives me all of the weed he grows. :D Could be fun....

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Need more states to jump on board before the Fed will leave it alone. Got to get at least 50% or more of the state's to pass laws for MJ use.

putembk

putembk

Watching this go down is better than a soap opera. I believe sky is right, as soon as the feds do something to stop the movement a lot of this is going to come to a sudden halt.
Marijuana is now legal in Colorado but there is now way to get it unless you grow it yourself. Kinda funny if you think about it....the state is forcing you to grow marijuana if you want to stay in total compliance. WTF????
Can't wait to see all the ridiculous shit that is going to be coming our way after our lawmakers get done making up the rules. THE CREW WITH NO CLUE.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

So its legal . But you have to commit a crime to get it wait 3 months and smoke your own or wait over a year to buy it from a shop. I wonder how this is gonna factor in to things.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

he just loves to grow it.... so I told him we could work something and I'd furnish him all of the equipment if he gives me all of the weed he grows. :D Could be fun....
You mean if he, er, gifts you an ounce a day :)

They'll do what they did in Wash. Send out letters threatening your elected officials with jail for enacting these laws contradictory to Federal laws. Probably sent Hick the letter today. But they also know that he had no choice but to sign it at some point. He had no discretionary Veto powers on this Amendment.

Cut off Federal funding and we cut off water. Colorado won't have a showdown like this, but it could be done. And there's enough Texans living here to hold the border...

Like I said, they will play this behind the scenes as anti-federal sentiment among the states is probably it's highest in living memory. And the Feds don't want to give up powers that they have dictated to themselves. It ain't easy keeping a Union together, pun intended.
So they don't want a 'states rights' issue standoff, because there is no telling what the other states will try to adopt as 'states rights'. Then if they don't have those duties, they can't collect taxes for those either.

E

Empire

Legal?! Haha thats a big load of bullshit.

Have fun with the feds and the dui's, and the cops that will follow federal over state. Ur livin in a dream world if u think its "legal".

Now they have more ways to fuck u then before. Smart move CO. U can thank ur ignorant voters who dont read bills before they vote for them.

When they treat pot like carrots, then its legal. That will never happen in our lifetime.

sky high

sky high

Bingo, squiggly.

The "cops" in Colorado....whether city...town....county...or State Patrol...are all sworn to uphold STATE law. Simultaneously...they have no FEDERAL power and therefore, cannot enforce Federal law. The absolute most they could do is enforce the State laws on the books for over an oz possession...or for over the 6 plants allowed by 64. Nothing more. Take the conspiracy theories elsewhere...please. We are over that shit >here<.

DUID is and has always been illegal here in CO. Smoking in the car is... without a doubt, one of the biggest dangers all pot smokers face....Amendment 64 or no. The nanogram laws have been talked about for more than a few years here...LONG before 64 was even thought of.

be smart, be safe :D

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Go get em CO!!!!! Congratulations to you progressive minded mountaineers!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Legal?! Haha thats a big load of bullshit.

Have fun with the feds and the dui's, and the cops that will follow federal over state. Ur livin in a dream world if u think its "legal".

Now they have more ways to fuck u then before. Smart move CO. U can thank ur ignorant voters who dont read bills before they vote for them.

When they treat pot like carrots, then its legal. That will never happen in our lifetime.

You gotta do us all a favor Empire, please. I respect other points of view, but when you simply suggest ignorance as the other side, it's condescending and does nothing to further your argument. Please, pretty please back up your opinions with at least a little factual reference, not based on your speculation of what you are afraid might happen.

DUIs for weed were well on their way before amendment 64. Please scratch that argument off your list, as it is neither valid nor relevant to blame it on 64 or the 'ignorant voters' in CO or WA. I read the bill, I voted for the bill.

Is alcohol treated like carrots? Should it be?

outwest

Top Bottom