Its the end of the world ! So I might as well grow journal

• Thread starter Jolly Mon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Whats up folks I'm ringing in the new year with my first public journal. In the past have been only logging into my note book but I can post pics here and compare notes with others so thanks for the forum and the help.

First, I would like to start where I left off last year these are a list of strains that I worked with last year 2011 starting with the indoor.

Headband, Miami White, West Coast Dawg, Chem Dawg "D", Chem Dawg "4", Oger Kush, 707 Headband.

Outdoor: F-cut OG kush, Miami White, Cheesedog, Super Skunk, Guido, Bubblegum, Blue diesel, Blue Bubba, Tangalo, Tripleberry.

I will soon post some pics of the fruit of my labor.

This year I will be running Indoor: Headband, Miami White, Chem dawg "D", Tangalo, and Sour Diesel.

Look for great things to come from this Tangalo. I think this one will be on the all time favorites list.

As for outdoor this seaon is still TBD.

Thank again Farmers for this forum.

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I can't wait to see the west coast dawg. I still have pollen from a west coast dawg f5 male that I unfortunately lost last year. Never had the female though. I'd love to see how the male compares to the clone. Hope you don't mind that I show some pics of it for comparison. The smell on this guy was strong and reeked like apple juice and apricots.

west_coast_dawg_male_veg.jpg

westcoast_dawg_male_a.jpg

west_coast_dog_male_pic1.jpg

westcoast_dog_male_pic_2.jpg

westcoast_dog_male_pic_4.jpg

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice line up dog.. I got a nice batch of West Coast Dawg from Harbor Side in Oakland.. It was good stuff.. I hope she will b in this grow log

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Washy, washy, moppy, moppy. Got to love the smell of bleach in the morning.

I had to let the WCD go she was too unstable dropping pollen if I looked at her wrong. I ran her for two yrs solid and 50% of the time I would have a plant or two drop some balls. I could'nt figure it out and the rest of the ladies were happy so she had to go. She always looked & tasted good but lacked potency. I had to move forward. Another good quality of WCD is its finish time, last year it was done and out by the time most people started cutting down there crops. 3.5 out of 5 star in my opinion.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Start transplanting today for another 2 weeks of veg. I'm using pro-mix BX a switch from Royal (pain in my ass)&(infestation) Gold. I'm also mixing in a dose of Met52 for good measure to prevent RAs. Planting in 7 gal. buckets w/ tomato cage for final harvest.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Got my transplanting done.:dance Will be switching into flower in about 1 week to 10 daze. From 4" to 7 gal. (but I actually only fill about 2/3) will be setting tomato cages this week. Also transplanting mothers for next round.
transplanting_UD.jpg

transplanting_white.jpg

transplanting_007.JPG

Notice the roots of this plant were much more white and healthy befor I used a P-bomb 2 days prior.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

lmao love the title of the thread.....I guess if it's over might as well.....you got a sick lineup of strains going bro..and those pics look awesome loving that underdawg you posted on my thread!

great work!

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Thanks Mitchy, It's all a forever learnig process. I once thought I was good on my grow facts, but since I've been coming to the farm I have turned into a info crack head. Peace

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Man I did not not realize how expensive getting each one of my ladies a valentines card would be. You know how girls are when they feel left out. J/K

A week went buy so far tomato cages are in, mothers in a new home, and just about to switch into flower this week. However I did notice some fungus gnats poppin out like crazy. (I have one mother in the veg. room in old Royal Gold soil that infected the rest of my small babies.) This week I also put up sticky traps on every plant. I also applyed Capulators foliar pack to the top of the soil. ( Used a pump sprayer). After 6 hours they were hideing, after 15 hrs they were back. Not giving up, Caps. said it would take a few days and applications. I will be brewing some of caps tea here this week in hopes to rid them.

These fungus gnats I have delt with for over a year most eveybody just lives with them that I know. Alot of myths on how to rid them but not much works for me once they are established. I've seen rooms(NOT MINE) where thousands are dead in the light lids, clogging the screens on fans clogging intakes of dehums, or worst in the tops of the flowers. My friends all agree its a small probelm because they do not damage the plant, I don't agree I feel it's a slippery slope to ignore a pest that could open the doors to all sorts of crap. I am putting a lot of hope that Caps bennies will help in my fight. I'll let you all know.

On another note my plants are looking healthy and are growing fast, with no yellowing of the leaves. I believe that making the switch from Royal gold to pro-mix has helped my situation with RAs. I'll leave it on a positve note for now and will see ya all soon. Peace

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Well it's time to switch the lights over to a 12/12 cycle.:bong2: The plants are healthy green lookin sexy. I will post some pics from the past year to pass the time over the next 10 weeks.

I also am poppin seeds over the next 2 weeks these are the flavors I will be taking a look at. Cheesedawg renamed "West Coast Cheese", OG sq. TGAs JTR, & hopefully some Double Underdawg when they are ready.

Untill then I will just sing: :music 99 buds in the jar, 99 buds; take one down pass it around 98 buds in the jar.:music

Peace

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Well I just watered in Caps tea cross my finger and toes that this will start working. As it is I am trying a few things this run. I have marked three test pots and will test each with different treatment.
1. Will hold back watering untill plant starts to limp.(this is the #1 recomendation from many soarces).
2.Caps. tea
3. Topping soil with 3 in. Pro-mix biofungicide.(Tryed this in my mother/veg. room and seems to work.)
Hopefully this will help determine what works best for me.

For now my plants look very healthy other than those gnats.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

A little behind on the photos but that comes with putting the garden first. Here is what they looked like when I started flower cycle.
Time_to_flower_002_edited.jpg

I also started some beans this week. I have a handful of loompa's seeds and some of my own that were made by accident.
1. Og sq. (Loompa's)
2. West Coast Dawg (F)x Miami White (F)

All my old gear including the TGAs lost vitality better start keeping seeds in the fridg.;(;(;(

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

It has been so sunny this winter that my mind never was able to rest over the outdoor season coming up. So I have planted some green manure seeds to help fix the N in my soil, & condition it for the new season. In 3 weeks I will add a re-conditioning mix to my soil and let it go to work a few weeks b4 planting. Happy Growing

sb805og101

sb805og101

Nice grow before we go ! Lol og sq. Loompas sounds killer, cant wait! Sub*d

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Thanks 4 stopping bye SB, this year is just starting to kick off all sorts of beans getting cracked who knows what is going to come up. I guess thats why we are here.

Today I applied the 2nd dose of tea and the jury is still out as far as the test results. I have no signs of RAs and the plants look awsome, but I still have plenty gnats. Some plants more than others, I belive that moisture level on these were higher than the rest. In my test as far as the first few days it seems to me that the samples doing best are 1.(Biofungicide) topping 2. holding back watering 3. Caps tea.
Not trying to pick on Caps my plants do look better than ever, and I think with the level of infection it will still take time for biological warfare to take hold. If anything the gnats are picking on the plants that got a little extra water and have not been getting worse on the rest. but like I said jury is still out. Happy Farming - Peace

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Man I did not not realize how expensive getting each one of my ladies a valentines card would be. You know how girls are when they feel left out. J/K

A week went buy so far tomato cages are in, mothers in a new home, and just about to switch into flower this week. However I did notice some fungus gnats poppin out like crazy. (I have one mother in the veg. room in old Royal Gold soil that infected the rest of my small babies.) This week I also put up sticky traps on every plant. I also applyed Capulators foliar pack to the top of the soil. ( Used a pump sprayer). After 6 hours they were hideing, after 15 hrs they were back. Not giving up, Caps. said it would take a few days and applications. I will be brewing some of caps tea here this week in hopes to rid them.

These fungus gnats I have delt with for over a year most eveybody just lives with them that I know. Alot of myths on how to rid them but not much works for me once they are established. I've seen rooms(NOT MINE) where thousands are dead in the light lids, clogging the screens on fans clogging intakes of dehums, or worst in the tops of the flowers. My friends all agree its a small probelm because they do not damage the plant, I don't agree I feel it's a slippery slope to ignore a pest that could open the doors to all sorts of crap. I am putting a lot of hope that Caps bennies will help in my fight. I'll let you all know.

On another note my plants are looking healthy and are growing fast, with no yellowing of the leaves. I believe that making the switch from Royal gold to pro-mix has helped my situation with RAs. I'll leave it on a positve note for now and will see ya all soon. Peace

I will tell you why gnats are the worst and not something any farmer shoudl just live with.

under heavy infestations, larvae will burrow in to the trunk of the plant. There they will eat and shit all over the xylem and phloem. Then you will get rot from the core. You wont notice it. One day your plant will just look like it didnt get any water. you will not be able to save it. instant dead.

I use the tea every week, and I also use a p bomb by prescription.

Its the strongest one. I remove the nozzle (the whole white cap) from the aluminum can. Then I take a razor blade and cut the tab that makes the trigger lock. This way you can push the trigger down and it wont lock up bomb style. What you make out of it is a RTU. Then I keep one in every room. Whenever I see a flyer, I hit it with a quick blast. Fun to watch them get all zonkey and fall out of the sky.

The tea will inhibit the larvae. the RTU bomb gets the flyers. The key is persistence.

Subbed for this journal Jollymon. That Miami white looks KILL>

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Wow been out for over a month, but that just means I have been too busy lifting heavy buds. Big thanks to Capulator I am down to the basics nutes , water, soil, & bennie tea thats it. I don't think the Met52 had a hole lot to do with it but I did not have any ra's to speak of. Gnats are dwindling; buds are big, and I used less fert. than ever b4. Still in the 6th week and will get some pics up soon.

Outdoor season is here time to pull up the boots and get to work.
Happy farming

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Hopefully I will gain better access to this site in the near future my time has been limited but I will say a picture is worth a thousnad words; can't wait till I get my latest photos posted so all can see.
Peace & Good Jolly

Latest posts

Top Bottom