Jack Herer NOT dead :( but very sick!

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Just heard it myself.....more to folllow..

FF

Breaking: Jack Herer, Emperor of Hemp, marijuana hero, Not dead

According to a source close to the family, Jack Herer, much beloved Emperor of Hemp, is not dead. The marijuana hero collapsed backstage on Saturday, September 15, at "Hempstalk 2009" in Portland, Oregon. Herer had just given a fiery speech to the crowd on the future of hemp when he suffered a heart attack and a significant loss of oxygen. Herer did not die today, September 18, at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland.
Jack Herer was born June 18, 1939. A former Goldwater Republican, Herer became a political activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a book which is now a classic polemic in the effort to decriminalize marijuana. Herer was perhaps the world's most famous activist for the decriminalization of marijuana and the utilization of hemp.
Herer argued for the decriminalization and utilization of marijuana because it has been shown to be a renewable source of fuel, food, and medicine, and can be grown in virtually any part of the world. Herer was one of the first to show that the U.S. government deliberately hides the proof of marijuana's efficacy and utility. Herer devoted his life in support of cannabis, hemp and marijuana.
Herer suffered a stroke and heart attack in 2000 at another Oregon event. Although he had since recovered, the 70-year-old activist spoke with a stutter and walked with a limp. Just minutes before his speech, Herer looked fit and said, "I'm getting better and better and better. I'm healthier than I've been..."
Herer was a true American hero who spoke truth to power. He stood up for freedom while many others failed to do so. He will be missed.
We love you Jack.
Free the weed!

R

ReelBusy1

Jack is Not dead

RIP Jack.
You will be missed.
The dream and the fight live on.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Jack is Not dead

That's sad. His legend in the cannabis world will live on. RIP

L

luvinlife

Jack is Not dead

Its a bummer to lose anybody...........but Jack will definitely be one the great activists whose lessons and legend will continue to live forever...Thanks for everything you've done......you will be truly missed Jack Herer.....

O

ojd

very sad news to hear

jack you will be missed alot

rest in peace brother

I

ismokepot

Very sad to hear........... A great loss for all of us. See you on the other side Jack!!!

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
R.I.P.
to the emperor

condolenses too his family

this is a very big loss to the comunity

hopefully his legacy lives on

if their is a hash heaven im sure jack will have those gates open wide for him

B

BiggerTom

Doggone it! Sorry to hear about this old buddy, you hit the Rainbow Bridge.;(
I first met Jack when I was composing a research paper on The Environmental, Ethical, and Economic reasons for the Legalization of Marijuana and Hemp at CSUB in 1989.
He met us at Venice beach, gave his passionate plea, and signed over one of his books and gave it to me.
Many people have come and gone in the MMJ movement, but none more passionate than my old buddy Jack Herrer.
His heart for hemp and marijuana was HUGE! Sorry to hear of his passing. I'm gonna have a sad weekend.;(;(;(

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Really bad news. ;(

RIP Mr. Herer.

T

Tolpan

Thats so sad to hear! I think no other name stands more for our community and the love we all share!

Rest in peace! You'll never be forgotten!

;(;(;(

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Long live the Hemperor! His work here on earth was finished at least he got to see things start going in the right direction with certain states legalizing hemp.
We will miss you bro

W

wpw

Contrary to previous reports, Jack Herer is still alive. The Oregonian is reporting the activist is in critical condition at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland Oregon. In addition, celebstoner has retracted their announcement of Herer's death. In light of these facts it is with pleasure the Portland Progressive Examiner retracts an earlier report of Herer's death.

Peace...wpw

S

Sway

what a loss. the movement will never be the same again. Rest In Peace Jack.

OLD FLA STONER

OLD FLA STONER

Contrary to previous reports, Jack Herer is still alive. The Oregonian is reporting the activist is in critical condition at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland Oregon. In addition, celebstoner has retracted their announcement of Herer's death. In light of these facts it is with pleasure the Portland Progressive Examiner retracts an earlier report of Herer's death.

jack still lives!!!

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Like I said longlive the king I'm lighting one up for him right now! C'mon Jack u can pull thru this

M

Mother Chucker

Bless you Jack.
Get well soon.
I think God sent him back to get the job done.

Top Bottom