Jacks 3-2-1 In Coco.

• Thread starter scubascrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

yeah i did mine uner mh and led. node city. wasted a lot of time lol
I just hung a cmh so we'll see how that light effects plant growth. My first grow was under mh for veg and mainlining didnt work out for me either. It started off pretty good but like you I had so many nodes that once they started to bud i had to tie everything up. I did alittle pinching that probably didnt help any. My last grow was under t5 for veg. It didnt come out the way i wanted either. Very uneven so this time ive been really trying to keep everything as even as possible. Seems to be working out well this time

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I run jacks, it is pretty great. You may or may not need Epsom, jacks has a lot in there and it should suffice for most strains but I have had a few that needed more. My veg formula is a half teaspoon of the jacks and a half teaspoon of calnit per gallon of water. I taper the calnit down starting week 2 of flower and dropping it totally by week 7 or so (careful doing this...i faded a few plants early last round as I thought they were going to be 9 rather than 11 weeks). I don't think I will be pk boosting anymore, quality was better without.

Dgp, you can go either way but might as well finish off the GH, no point leaving half full bottles around.

I found this to be helpful, it is a bunch of different mixes using various jacks products: http://www.centennialseeds.com/category/fertilizer-formulation-for-cannabis/
I did a boost my last run and didnt do this run and i dont think there has been a difference at all actually i think this run is alot better then the last although it could be that i played with different nute profile this time around

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

So heres how I run my Jacks formula. These are all grams/gal.
Jacks- 1.044
Cal/nite- 1.12
Epsom- .5
K2SO4- .02
Mkp- .08
Calcium Chloride- .02
Also add silica every few feedings at 4mL/gal
My formula has changed big time. I found a new formula posted by DizzleKush
2.5 jacks
2.5 cal/nite
.25 potassium silicate
This formula is really killin it for me right now. I ph around 5.9-6.0

DGP

DGP

My formula has changed big time. I found a new formula posted by DizzleKush
2.5 jacks
2.5 cal/nite
.25 potassium silicate
This formula is really killin it for me right now. I ph around 5.9-6.0

Why is it better than the 3-2-1 formula? Also, many growers go 3-2-1 all the way through from veg to flower. That doesn't include any nutrient balance shift for flower. Is there data to support that method over a nutrient shift away from N and towards higher P and K that is more typically the accepted norm in cannabis growing? I am just curious.....

Dee

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Why is it better than the 3-2-1 formula? Also, many growers go 3-2-1 all the way through from veg to flower. That doesn't include any nutrient balance shift for flower. Is there data to support that method over a nutrient shift away from N and towards higher P and K that is more typically the accepted norm in cannabis growing? I am just curious.....

Dee
I guess i cant really say that its better but it is better for me at least. I dont have any data to show you at all to back anything up. Im just basing it on rate of growth and overall health of plant. I wish i had pics of last run with old formula to compare with this run with new formula.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Been running the 3-2-1 Jacks for a couple grows and really like it. I've found it to work well for most strains I'm running. The OG's need a little more Cal, but I just let them ride it out and they are very fruitful.

For Veg I run around 550-700 ppm with no additives, same ratio with more water to dilute. For instance I calculate for 20 gallons worth of solution, and instead add 30gal water and it comes out to the sweet spot each time.

Flower is the strait dope 3-2-1 with added mamoth @ .6ml/gal with no other additives. Comes out to around 1000ppm with 150ppm starting water. Love the simplicity of dtw with Jacks.
These were all grown with Jacks.
100 6299

100 6318

100 6310

100 6170

100 6323

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

What I really want to know is how to get the Jacks pro to fully dissolve. Right now I add my jacks pro to hot water and stir for a min, let it sit, stir for another min, repeat this until its mostly dissolved. Then add it to the res 90% dissolved. Anybody try a blender?

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

What I really want to know is how to get the Jacks pro to fully dissolve. Right now I add my jacks pro to hot water and stir for a min, let it sit, stir for another min, repeat this until its mostly dissolved. Then add it to the res 90% dissolved. Anybody try a blender?
I use a drill with a paddle. Takes some time to get it dissolved but it works

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I use a drill with a paddle. Takes some time to get it dissolved but it works
I like the idea of the paddle bit. I still think a blender will work, gonna try it and report back next res change.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Getting my custom drain built. 1/4 the cost of a tray. my growmau5 qb pucks are coming in at the end of the month. setting everything up has been fun. kind of going through rough draft builds and optimizing the pvc pipe layout for the emitter, I will have it recirculate back to my reservoir with a ball valve for back pressure.

img_2496-jpg.797306

HughJass

HughJass

I just throw a water pump in and let it do all the mixing for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom