JACKS BACK!!! Capulators new formulas.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Cap....I noticed you use .005 grams per gallon of MOST

I called JR Peters and they said use 1 oz per 100 gallons of MOST (.074 grams per gallon)

This was for continuous addition to ferts, using Jacks Hydo and CalNit
with a tomato crop.

They also mentioned that this was considered very conservative and you could probably use up to 2 oz per 100 gallons.

Does this seem right to you????

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1 oz/ 100 gallons is not .074 grams per gallon is it? I get 28 grams/100 gallons which is .28 grams per gallon... That's a lot. It does not seem right to me. I think there may have been a misunderstanding somewhere a long the way.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

i'm running a little under .2g/G (at full strength, more like 80% til they're crankin)

for 3gal 50/50 chow

and .074g/L is .28g/G

budboy299

budboy299

Sorry Cap...El Cerebro saw my mistake

still I worried enough about it that I placed an email to them to straighten it out.
think I will mention to them that they need to add some instructions with the powder

I will post the update once I hear from them

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sorry Cap...El Cerebro saw my mistake

still I worried enough about it that I placed an email to them to straighten it out.
think I will mention to them that they need to add some instructions with the powder

I will post the update once I hear from them

Yeah he's smarter than me. :). My MOST actually came with instructions. The instructions for the others are on the bag.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

yeah but their instructions confused me so i just copied your and Dank's old recipes and split down the middle, then tweaked to the plants' liking. then you dropped to those ridiculously low levels and got me anxious about using too much..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yeah but their instructions confused me so i just copied your and Dank's old recipes and split down the middle, then tweaked to the plants' liking. then you dropped to those ridiculously low levels and got me anxious about using too much..

Well, I still have a ways to go but so far so good. My biggest challenge is the Colombian. I have not been able to keep her healthy past week 3 flower. She starts getting all spotty like she needs Calcium, or not enough food. I havent figured it out yet. Hopefully this time I nail it.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Has anyone tried folier feeding most? That is on the instructions as well. perhaps going conservative on what is dumped into the rez and foliar if noticing a problem. Jr peters suggests 1/4 to 1 tsp pr gal, I use distilled when making folier. Cap if you do that perhaps you will be able to rule out that as a problem with your Colombian. i wouldn't go to far into flower folier feeding most though, for smoke residual, however if you are having a problem roughly halfway out at week 3, follier then and see if the problem goes away, if it does add more to the rez, if not, well it's something else.. I just use it as a diagnosis tool.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

M.O.S.T Usage Guide sheet; It is confusing, if you look at the ONE TIME application that comes out to .57 g/gal and states not to reapply dunk before two weeks. perhaps just a dunk is the way to go as well. Also whenever I calculate grams, I calculate with the full 28.3495231 grams pr/ ounce. It makes a difference IMHO with some touch or powerful concentrates. But I'm anal like that lol.

20120921 130231
A

aRiv

anyone had peters test their water? i have 2 sources 1 is city tap that comes out at .4 EC 8.2-8.4ph and the other is well water which comes out at .5 and 6.7ph.

would like to know which will be my better choice. I know the well water requires a lot MORE ph down then my city tap.

squiggly

squiggly

Well, I still have a ways to go but so far so good. My biggest challenge is the Colombian. I have not been able to keep her healthy past week 3 flower. She starts getting all spotty like she needs Calcium, or not enough food. I havent figured it out yet. Hopefully this time I nail it.

You should check your VPD for that strain (if it is bred from a colombian landrace)--Colombia is retardedly humid--and I have seen this type of spotting due to low VPD in strains before. Worth checking out. If you're doing it all in the same room--maybe mist that strain a bit throughout the day.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You should check your VPD for that strain (if it is bred from a colombian landrace)--Colombia is retardedly humid--and I have seen this type of spotting due to low VPD in strains before. Worth checking out. If you're doing it all in the same room--maybe mist that strain a bit throughout the day.

I keep my RH around 65 all the time... 79 degrees. .. I am not sure it's that but you make a great point.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
M.O.S.T Usage Guide sheet; It is confusing, if you look at the ONE TIME application that comes out to .57 g/gal and states not to reapply dunk before two weeks. perhaps just a dunk is the way to go as well. Also whenever I calculate grams, I calculate with the full 28.3495231 grams pr/ ounce. It makes a difference IMHO with some touch or powerful concentrates. But I'm anal like that lol.

If you are using cal nit and jacks hydro you're at around 27% N fertilizer. If you look at constant use rates of 4oz per 25 lb bag it's 112 grams (not being anal) per 11,325 grams.

So we should use .01 grams of MOST per gram of calnit plus hydro... I think... So if I have 3 grams hydro and 2 grams cal nit then that's 5 grams, and that would be .05 grams per gallon of MOST for continual use.

Am I making sense?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Jacks and Calcium nitrate alone are not sufficient nutrition in a coco environment; you need to be adding at least 5ml/gal of cal-mag, and in a high performance, humidity controlled room (especially sealed w/ CO2 supplementation!) you'll want to run 10ml/gal or even a little more to avoid deficiency issues. Also, in a high RH environment, you'll want to raise your EC (ppm) levels since the plants aren't transpiring so much.

I disagree. I do not use calmag, and my plants show 0 signs of Ca deficiency in coco. Running 120-150 ppm Ca using jacks and CaCl2.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Explained very well. Shwanx. I was running about twice that amount and backed it down and went folier. I Just picked up some MOAB yesterday after starting to read your thread here. Great that the recipe was posted as well, need to pick up some more MAP before mixing my own, haven't pushed PK as far s MOAB, hope it works out ok with the jacks, so will give it a try.

I was going to start my girls out I just put into flower with a bump for a week but just read on here to use it for late flower only, so ive got some reading to do to catch up with you guys... i'm hoping to get as good of yealds with Jacks, im real familiar with my genetics and hope i can get what i'm custom too.

i finished out out new plant a week ago, tric production was abundant for sure, i pulled her early because i was afraid she would herm on me due to all the stress, she just wasn't swelling like her mother and father. But she really kicked despite the pitiful size, but i don't account the yealds of these burnt critters im finishing to Jacks. So hopefully these new girls will get me where i wan''t to be.

So far my girls are doing great on the jacks.

20120917 224506
OHWxbubbaAlex
GoingToFlower
azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

You know Squggly a lightbulb went on for me, ive got a strain that didn't respond at all to fatmans low RH, low ec and high temps, perhaps it was a genetics issue. She wasn't Colombian but a indica cross with a sativa from Thailand, it's humid as shit over there too. ONe reason I don't like to do multiple strains at the same time.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

anyone had peters test their water? i have 2 sources 1 is city tap that comes out at .4 EC 8.2-8.4ph and the other is well water which comes out at .5 and 6.7ph.

would like to know which will be my better choice. I know the well water requires a lot MORE ph down then my city tap.

How much is a lot more acid to make it move? and down by how much? There is a good thread going on about filtering, I think it's in the nutrient section. I haven't had them test but I'd certainly recommend you get both sources tested first and then make your decision if your not using filtered or RO.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Cap, I don't keep my RH as high as you, I cap mine at 45, eb and flow, hydroten. I ran up to 400 ppm in veg thats it, never even hit 1ec, lowered CaNo3 in flower starting them out at 400ppm. 600w hps, temps 76-88, I know Jacks is a light mix, this is day 2 flower. I was going to bump them up a bit in a couple days 425, what do you guys think?

Right now they are sucking 2 gal a day, 9 plants total but the majority of uptake is from the new girls.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

If you are using cal nit and jacks hydro you're at around 27% N fertilizer. If you look at constant use rates of 4oz per 25 lb bag it's 112 grams (not being anal) per 11,325 grams.

So we should use .01 grams of MOST per gram of calnit plus hydro... I think... So if I have 3 grams hydro and 2 grams cal nit then that's 5 grams, and that would be .05 grams per gallon of MOST for continual use.

Am I making sense?

lol, you will probably want to kill me, your math works out correct if it's 27% N, but I come up with .00662 g/gal. I follow your math but are you sure it's 27%? Looking at 25# or 100# the numbers are the same, multiply x 4 and they translate. The example they give of 20-10-20 adding 10.6oz pr 100# is the same as the column below 2.65oz pr 25#.

Looking at the example being a 20-10-20 mix seems pretty straight forward but we use 5-12-26 plus the 15.5 from the Ca(No3)2 so that should equal 20.5% N ? If the way you are figuring this is correct, that would imply we need different concentrations for Veg and Flower?

squiggly

squiggly

I keep my RH around 65 all the time... 79 degrees. .. I am not sure it's that but you make a great point.

Most plants (especially those that fruit/bud with a good amount of water weight added) prefer to be at a VPD of about 8-10.

At 65RH and 79 degrees, you are at a VPD of ~12 which is certainly reasonable for the most part--however for an equatorial strain from a place as rainforest-y as Colombia, I'd expect you need to push this into the 8-10 range, and perhaps even beyond it early in veg.

For that particular strain (if it is indeed bred out from a Colombian parent and sensitive to that heritage genetically) an RH between 72-75 is where I'd shoot for at that temp. Maybe even moving up towards 80 in early veg.

Do you see any tacoing/twisting/heat stress along with the spotting? If so then its almost guaranteed to be a humidity issue based on my experience.

Top Bottom