Jerry

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Many moons I posted another song from this set, but another is absolutely warranted. I have been seriously into Jerry ballads of late, something about his voice, but I always enjoy the very light-hearted songs the Dead would pull out. Here is one that would make anyone smile.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is one that has been running through my head for a week non-stop. This was a good version. In '77 Jerry seemed to have this sweetness in his voice, just made everything pleasant to listen to.

Will check my ticket stubs, rarely missed any Winterland shows especially the holiday shows probably was there for this one...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Closing

Was there for the very last night....

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

in the process of this one right now…shits on another level..just touches the soul

This is the kind of post I want to like twice. Within the first 30 seconds of the video you can tell how amazing they are going to sound. Amazing Friend of the Devil, one of my favorite songs. As I said before, something about when Jerry and David played together, nothing but beautiful music and some of the sweetest renditions of these songs.

B

bckwht

This is the kind of post I want to like twice. Within the first 30 seconds of the video you can tell how amazing they are going to sound. Amazing Friend of the Devil, one of my favorite songs. As I said before, something about when Jerry and David played together, nothing but beautiful music and some of the sweetest renditions of these songs.

I sat alone on the couch after a half hit and was just pure joy while watching them. Just pure joy is all that comes to mind lol really no other way to explain it from my point of view. I just love watching dawg groove back n forth while jammin…those 2 are the most honest representation of music for me and in my world. Its crazy i try and try to share the dead with my generation and they are not having it lol

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I sat alone on the couch after a half hit and was just pure joy while watching them. Just pure joy is all that comes to mind lol really no other way to explain it from my point of view. I just love watching dawg groove back n forth while jammin…those 2 are the most honest representation of music for me and in my world. Its crazy i try and try to share the dead with my generation and they are not having it lol
Bela fleck on banjo..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
i could sit down and ask you questions for days chickenman

i could sit down and ask you questions for days chickenman
Was a blast being part of what I think was a music revolution. Growing up In Palo Alto Calif. we saw some incredible shows and did not realize the significance of what was going on.
My mom taught bob weir in 3rd grade. He was a rich kid, kind of spoiled she remembered him as kind of a smart ass..
My 1st ever rock show was at Stanford Univ. Elvin bishop and Cold Blood. an announcement was made that Carlos Santana was on his way as a surprise act. This was 1971. The original Santana band...
My first dead show was Maples pavilion 1973.
Hardly ever missed a Bay area Dead show, Frost Stanford, Berkeley Greek, Of course Winterland, even used to go there in the 60's with parents for ice capades.
Over the years I got to meet legends such as Vassar, Pete Rowan, Dave Grisman, Doc Watson, had dinner with him, Am friends with Joe Cocker visit him all the time and make him chicken pot pies swimming in gravy, Roy Buchanan, Ray Charles, friends with Sam bush bluegrass legend when he comes to town I feed the band, the late Charles Swatelle, only met bob weir once and he seem arrogant. was working for airline and helped get him and baggage off plane..
At the time never realized what was happening just listened to the music.
I saw things getting strange towards to end of the dead years. We sure got high but it for us was all about the music, not what goes on outside in the parking lot, it was releasing and letting go all feeling's thoughts and emotions.
The music would magically take over everything and completely take me to a place that's really hard to describe unless one has been there. Even sober it would happen.
Have been to may shows when attempting soberity, was a Warf Rat there for awhile as well, sober Deadheads...
Missed Jimi and Janus, but saw all the other great acts, The Who at Winterland, Rolling Stones, Pink flyod, Neil Young many times, local boy, Santana many times, The original Airplane and Hot tuna, tons of bluegass festivals...
Hardly go these days to shows too much these days red rocks further once in year maybe..
Lucky to have been a part the Bay Area music scene for sure........

B

bckwht

just started listening to the gold coast show again and my damn friend passed out on me…this may be the only tunes that could keep my head bobbin right now…lovin it all day long

Top Bottom