journal of intent..a dark side trip to the moon!!!!

• Thread starter Vegguerilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

20230708 000641

the agent orange leaning fruit punch moon rock formula is og stone...and its as good at gets....🦎

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
If I can just comment on the whole Skunk thing, as someone who grew real Skunk #1 in the 80s.........there are a lot of stories about how it all developed from the 70s through the real, stabilized Skunk #1, which was a large, more sativa dominant plant, but a true hybrid, and then the 2 directions things went......the "sweetened up", diluted, no longer Skunk #1, and this nearly comical, "bad" smelling "Roadkill" direction with all the superlatives......and I get how "bad is good", I'm sure no one actually would want to smoke urine and rotting meat........

The best description I've read for true Skunk #1 was something like "Early on it has the aroma of fine perfume. Pick it late and it smells like Skunk". I don't remember if that description was from an interview with Nevil in the mid 80s, or an early Seed Bank catalogue, but it all became clear and firmly etched in my mind when I grew it. I'll never forget the day the package of Skunk #1 and Northern Lights #5 seeds arrived in the mail. I think I had already given up and actually thought the whole "seeds by sending cash to Holland" thing was a scam.....

The first time, like most of us in our first grows, I just couldn't wait, we needed weed, and I picked it early. Of course, no, it did not smell like Channel #5 or Stetson. But I got what was meant by "fine perfume". I think only half the large fluffy hairs had turned orange, it was the same characteristically "green" smell you get when you pick too early.......but there was something complex, sweet, lovely.......

The second grow I did not pick it early, but still, as a rookie, did not have a handle on what "fully mature" meant. It was.......just barely ready. Balanced, exciting, yes, this was the exact same Skunk that I had bought......but it wasn't on par with what I had bought, which was grown outdoors, proper....

By the 3rd time I grew it I had learned more about what "Ripe" meant. Now I had a few years of books and High Times and "Ask Ed" under my belt, and that last sentence........"pick it late and it smells like Skunk". Okey Dokey. Wait......wait.....wait.

I started getting nervous. My friends would say "Dude, I smelll it as soon as your elevator door opened....". Wait......

It smelled like Skunk the animal. Not piss, no dead meat or rotting anything. But, it still had the hint of "perfumey". It was deep, funky skunk, just like that smell when you pass a place where a car hit a Skunk, or it had sprayed. It was just like that, and a LOT of it, with just enough of a lingering perfume and complexity, that it screamed "Phenomenal weed". And, I learned how to cure. Through the bag, can't get rid of it, everything it touches and you touched......Skunk.

And I wanted to add......there's nothing wrong with stinky, death, rot.......I've personally never had RKS, but I'm growing one right now from someone who I'm sure has the true stuff, and I'm certainly excited to see this develop. :)

Last funny side note. Just as I finished typing this I went down to close the closet door after lights out. I don't have to, the boiler room is sealed off dark. But the smell........this is the first day I walked down the stairs and laughed. It's getting thick. :)

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
If I can just comment on the whole Skunk thing, as someone who grew real Skunk #1 in the 80s.........there are a lot of stories about how it all developed from the 70s through the real, stabilized Skunk #1, which was a large, more sativa dominant plant, but a true hybrid, and then the 2 directions things went......the "sweetened up", diluted, no longer Skunk #1, and this nearly comical, "bad" smelling "Roadkill" direction with all the superlatives......and I get how "bad is good", I'm sure no one actually would want to smoke urine and rotting meat........

The best description I've read for true Skunk #1 was something like "Early on it has the aroma of fine perfume. Pick it late and it smells like Skunk". I don't remember if that description was from an interview with Nevil in the mid 80s, or an early Seed Bank catalogue, but it all became clear and firmly etched in my mind when I grew it. I'll never forget the day the package of Skunk #1 and Northern Lights #5 seeds arrived in the mail. I think I had already given up and actually thought the whole "seeds by sending cash to Holland" thing was a scam.....

The first time, like most of us in our first grows, I just couldn't wait, we needed weed, and I picked it early. Of course, no, it did not smell like Channel #5 or Stetson. But I got what was meant by "fine perfume". I think only half the large fluffy hairs had turned orange, it was the same characteristically "green" smell you get when you puck too early.......but there was something complex, sweet, lovely.......

The second grow I did not pick it early, but still, as a rookie, did not have a handle on what "fully mature" meant. It was.......just barely ready. Balanced, exciting, yes, this was the exact same Skunk that I had bought......but it wasn't on par with what I had bought, which was grown outdoors, proper....

By the 3rd time I grew it I had learned more about what "Ripe" meant. Now I had a few years of books and High Times and "Ask Ed" under my belt, and that last sentence........"pick it late and it smells like Skunk". Okey Dokey. Wait......wait.....wait.

I started getting nervous. My friends would say "Dude, I smelll it as soon as your elevator door opened....". Wait......

It smelled like Skunk the animal. Not piss, no dead meat or rotting anything. But, it still had the hint of "perfumey". It was deep, funky skunk, just like that smell when you pass a place where a car hit a Skunk, or it had sprayed. It was just like that, and a LOT of it, with just enough of a lingering perfume and complexity, that it screamed "Phenomenal weed". And, I learned how to cure. Through the bag, can't get rid of it, everything it touches and you touched......Skunk.
5 words. I MISS THAT STUFF TERRIBLY.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
There aren't too many bags of weed where you remember exactly what it LOOKED like. Like a permanent photograph. Not just in general, but the exact picture.

Large calyxes, orangy hairs, and a blueish tone to it. I remember being stunned. "Wow", "Holy shit"......
No matter how many bags you would try to wrap in, then you wadded up inside of a jacket in the backpack. It wouldn’t save you, I learned real fast in the late 80’s that jars were the future, especially when I used Philly septa public transportation, I used to get from from the tristate area to downtown Philly for 75 cents, with a transfer back home. I always had to go downtown, my guy lived in a old tie factory that was changed into lofts at the end of the 70’s. Like you were saying about your situation, your friends could smell it on the way to your place. Man I would be taking the stairs to his loft (elevator was ALWAYS broken) but every time I hit that 3rd floor landing, I knew he was still home burning one. He didn’t have a phone, so it was always a gamble. 😂🤣😂 but the day I went over and he had some of that skunk. I remember EVERYTHING about that first day I got the stuff. October 88. Never forget it…..the smell of hotdog flavored water from the hotdog vendor on his corner, all of it. It was pivotal to say the least. I enjoy skipping down memory lane sometimes.

Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

20230708 213419

loving the hues and colours popping off these f1 roadkills..this growth period gains me a 6ltr root mass that becomes so densely populated that they positively explode when they reach the 25ltr soil hydro system..plain soil and water is the essence and the up potting at 2,6 and 10 week intervals in this enviroment ensures I never use a single nute regime in vegg..and I haven't for over 20 yrs.
I have a pheno I believe is stroking a very greasy potent oil formulation..it seems the whole pack seed after seed keeps producing one offs...the purple and mauve hues describe me back to the potent skunk stories of yesteryear and they have shown throughout this trusted line..5 out of 6 females cutting straight clone only status is highly unusual...and its the vapour exchange upon human contact that shows potency in my mind...absolutely the most fascinating herb I've ever grown...and the love affair will continue..💋

Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

20230709 001855

at 9 weeks with a further week or 2 to go,these hydro soil systems come into there own!..allowing maximum airflow at the footprint of the pot is key to these bushes..roots have a safe haven to recover if overwatering occurs at any stage..i can run high leaf thatched plants to create a lower temp shaded area and maintain not reaching high humidity levels(i dont pass 55 and stay between 45-51,seperate dehumidifier on in hallway should the motion call its needed)..mechanical rather than passive intakes on my m3 area have made considerable differences in airflow dialling this system..I've never had mold or rot in all the time growing and I've been running thatched high leaf plants for an age I can say..when leaves touch each other and tent sides and perspire water at this stage you are in trouble before you know it..it highlights how easy it is to start..this massive leaf formation holding flowers in a thick form is only possible by allowing the root ball breathable space at all times..you don't choke root channels to bud sites and in turn never leave water content holding too long in budsite area which starts rot..aerated roots that breathe whilst drinking can sustain distributing water through various root canals completely laden with oxygen keeping the budsite alive and free from rot..even in thick budset conditions,its very difficult starting rot on flowers if the root canal remains open at all times and fully aerated..you see flowers burst with oxygen...I will document these hydro soil systems in detail here very soon..the artform is its simplicity.!!!!!!

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
View attachment 2005394
at 9 weeks with a further week or 2 to go,these hydro soil systems come into there own!..allowing maximum airflow at the footprint of the pot is key to these bushes..roots have a safe haven to recover if overwatering occurs at any stage..i can run high leaf thatched plants to create a lower temp shaded area and maintain not reaching high humidity levels(i dont pass 55 and stay between 45-51,seperate dehumidifier on in hallway should the motion call its needed)..mechanical rather than passive intakes on my m3 area have made considerable differences in airflow dialling this system..I've never had mold or rot in all the time growing and I've been running thatched high leaf plants for an age I can say..when leaves touch each other and tent sides and perspire water at this stage you are in trouble before you know it..it highlights how easy it is to start..this massive leaf formation holding flowers in a thick form is only possible by allowing the root ball breathable space at all times..you don't choke root channels to bud sites and in turn never leave water content holding too long in budsite area which starts rot..aerated roots that breathe whilst drinking can sustain distributing water through various root canals completely laden with oxygen keeping the budsite alive and free from rot..even in thick budset conditions,its very difficult starting rot on flowers if the root canal remains open at all times and fully aerated..you see flowers burst with oxygen...I will document these hydro soil systems in detail here very soon..the artform is its simplicity.!!!!!!
On the home stretch!

Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

thankyou fella.

the fruit punch is straight trip stick kryptonite fire and I can see why cannasuer floored dudes with this strain..I took a sugar leaf and just sucked the oil from base of leaf and stem and waited..I'm toking a killer house cut of dog and critical cookies and as sure as day that oil formula rode over my highs with ease..it started a cerebral mind splash that charges you away from cookie and dog dreams..very thick in its announcement to the bloodstream..my only trial to date on the potency of this plant and I'm suitably impressed...I would document that leaf ingestion at 9 weeks with heavy saturated thc content has lasted a few hours..and its extremely thick in its character form..very potent flowers by all accounts☠️
20230709 011744

Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

roadkill vegg pheno log.

agent orange f1 2009 x strawberry banana grape og.

20230709 111847

heavy putrid gas and starting that brewery keg terp profile..the heaviest in thc saturation and also the smallest and slowest growth..staying short and squat and exuding the perfect early forming health and vitality.

20230709 110845

oily greasy and showing that brewery keg Heineken definition fairly early..starting to Bush and express vigorous growth,accridly stinky with a terp formula now already seen on the flowering roadkills currently..I took notice in march April of this year on these roadkill forms I hadn't seen before with this strong sickly sweet beer smell and they certainly changed and became more prevalent and announced once I changed from 600cfl to 400w hps in flower period..one terp straight changed from Heineken to death and ammonia and I'm not making this up here...that radiant hps sunshine did something I've rarely seen or maybe bothered to take notice of all these years..terps can be virtually hidden under shade with the cfl system I use..and it seems the radiant sunshine when you flip to flower exudes the true value in terp form as maybe the hps closely mimics that radiant heat and bright red sunshine formula of the sun..I often wondered why a plants smell changed under different lighting...the hps unleashes the embryonic terp value to its fullest value and potential imo..

20230709 112058
and lastly, this is I believe a fruit punch leaning roadkill from watching growth patterns of these flowers..heavily earthed in expressing a sativa like growth come flower time...dripping the oily rag grease terp but not as sweet..the Heineken tap is so prevalent here and you are met with opening an old grolsch bottle of beer if I could describe it in text..gassy sweet beer which seems to change in flower to either death or Heineken dirt...simply exemplary breeding and a marked note to all breeders of any substance anywhere on earth...

this is the work you should all be aspiring to!!!!...growers the world over need medicinal value and stability!!🙂...and most of all, extreme values in potency with no bullshit attached...and there is not here I assure the sentiment of my life to that fact.

look close enough and it's history from an old farmer showing where the oil is everyone seeks..roadkill has nothing to do with anything....

Last edited:
Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

I think I hit a nerve somewhere.
glad you got the message short stuff.

and I'm not your pal!!!!

Top Bottom