Jumping Right In! Brand New Set Up

• Thread starter Goodthingsgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

The lights will go off soon.
The environment is fairly constant all night.
I definitely need to water more. The pots are light again. The smaller one is still fine.
Will do when the lights are back on.

DDC66A88 BF23 46A7 B884 1BB1AAF070DB
D33226A3 8C2B 42A7 9156 4CD96B38389C
54CC8621 A598 4E21 8B42 ED3F149F9282
0724C5A5 B3CC 4012 BD45 F96A17C72A03
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

For the flower tent, I made a stand for the new dehumidifier.
It‘s a phone and phone book stand from the 70’s. I glued a ceramic tile to the top of it and wrapped it in foil tape.
I also took the wheels off of the dehumidifier.
Its connected to the Trolmaster Beta 6 day/night humidity controller.

D9CF7FCE A7DE 4B03 8C1B FBCC1B6557F3
48DC20F8 D680 4C75 9D11 AC64A0A468F2
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Is this microbial smell related to root rot?
A peroxide soak would help right?
Never peroxide in soil if u ask me but thats why I switched to coco. You will kill all your beneficial stuff imo.

For $48 I can't even wrap my head around that...
Go back to basics a little and keep it simple. You must 1st be able to keep a plant alive with only water and the most basic food before you start throwing all this crap at it. Just my 2 cents tho
I new I read this somewhere!

8C5EAB3F AA0E 4856 8AC7 3475CD4B5C38
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I new I read this somewhere!
That whole page is about hydro. I know. I use h2o2 in coco. Did you read the editors note on the bottom? That's what im talking about.

I just read somewhere on the internet that the earth was flat too ...hold on let me go find it 🌎

🌱

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Dude seriously? You wanna argue with me when you're showing references to 3% h202 solutions and your pic has some high power 26% super duper enzymatic blah blah hydro store $50 noob rip off job? Please.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm sorry I ever opened my mouth. Next time there's a prob...just unload a bunch of expensive shit on your plants...don't be frugal. You'll be fine 👍

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The percent not the price...maybe if you put up a pic of a bottle of 3% and spoke from experience not from what you just read in a forum I would take the time to explain the subtleties of using h202 in your grow.
Screenshot 20201205 231421 Chrome

Unless your planning a swath of death and destruction you shouldn't use the kind that says highly corrosive but that's about all I am going to explain you should keep searching the forums though you're gonna dig up a lot of great stuff good luck

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let me try to clear this up... anaerobic conditions in pots with soil only happens from overwatering. Over watering is not watering to much its watering to often. A sopping wet soil has minimal gas exchange and as the o2 is used up by the roots and microbes it becomes depleted (anaerobic)and this is why perlite is beneficial as the better the drainage the less likely it is to occur.

I would NEVER use h2o2 in my soil... as explained it will severely hurt the microbes population and possibly wipe them out. Its highly oxidative. Now you can treat water before hand with it and use UV light to accelerate it and burn out the h2o2 or aerate it for 24hrs then it's fine.

The smell is not from anaerobic bacteria but from anaerobic conditions that kill aerobic bacteria and this smell is the decaying bacteria. This can also happen when you feed the microbes heavy and then stop and the population booms and crashes when it runs out of food.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

The percent not the price...maybe if you put up a pic of a bottle of 3% and spoke from experience not from what you just read in a forum I would take the time to explain the subtleties of using h202 in your grow. View attachment 1064328
Unless your planning a swath of death and destruction you shouldn't use the kind that says highly corrosive but that's about all I am going to explain you should keep searching the forums though you're gonna dig up a lot of great stuff good luck
it Is for that general purpose on bacteria. For disinfecting. The tables, pumps, hoses, etc.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Let me try to clear this up... anaerobic conditions in pots with soil only happens from overwatering. Over watering is not watering to much its watering to often. A sopping wet soil has minimal gas exchange and as the o2 is used up by the roots and microbes it becomes depleted (anaerobic)and this is why perlite is beneficial as the better the drainage the less likely it is to occur.

I would NEVER use h2o2 in my soil... as explained it will severely hurt the microbes population and possibly wipe them out. Its highly oxidative. Now you can treat water before hand with it and use UV light to accelerate it and burn out the h2o2 or aerate it for 24hrs then it's fine.

The smell is not from anaerobic bacteria but from anaerobic conditions that kill aerobic bacteria and this smell is the decaying bacteria. This can also happen when you feed the microbes heavy and then stop and the population booms and crashes when it runs out of food.
And seriously thank you for clearing that up because my reasoning was wrong although methodology may have been correct I definitely learned something you the man always
👍🌱

Top Bottom