Jumping Right In! Brand New Set Up

• Thread starter Goodthingsgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Sometimes the manufacturer has a plastic sleeve or tape to protect the sensor that is hard to see and the units will read temp fine but not rh. I had a new fan with one and I thought it was defective for 3 days before I noticed lol. But not everyone makes bone headed mistakes like I do. 👍

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

The air vent is closed and I have the small cup covering the small opening that’s left from the wire.
I will check for a cover on the probe.
With the basement so cold, is it maybe chilling the droplets too much?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Obviously something is not adding up because for condensation to appear inside the dome the air touching the inside of the dome has to have reached its dewpoint which would be 100% rh

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So try this... take some regular table salt (sodium chloride) like 1-2tbs in a ziplock. Use water and an eye dropper just to wet the salt not dissolve it. Should not dissolve the salt. Place the sensor in the zip lock and seal the best you can. The sensor should read about 75%.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
OK one more thing about that probe and then I'll shut up I promise. Lol I noticed that it's an indoor/outdoor thermometer and obviously I see you have it set on outdoor to use the probe. When you switch it to "indoor" does the RH value change? If not the unit is only reading the indoor humidity and possibly does not have a sensor on the probe

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Please don’t. I appreciate your help and time.
This is what I have found.
When I changed the sensor from out to in only the temp changed and only slightly.
I also checked the new sensor.
The first hygrometer is ucked.

BC2AD398 906F 43EF 9068 0F922FEE9583
0F5337B7 5365 4B5D 8C04 2E550DFA8B93
1CE6BA3D D72B 4701 A49B 9BCAE7B3C89B
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Please don’t. I appreciate your help and time.
This is what I have found.
When I changed the sensor from out to in only the temp changed and only slightly.
I also checked the new sensor.
The first hygrometer is ucked.
Yes so it works correctly just does not have an RH probe for "outdoor" mode 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom