• Start date
  • Tagged users None
juniper

juniper

Apollo 13 @ Day 38:
IMG 02271 IMG 02261

Osage Orange @ Day 38:
IMG 02231 IMG 02241

Both continue to thrive. I run a lower EC than most (about 1000ppm), utilize 100% perlite, and top-water to about 1/3rd runoff every time, so I am less concerned with salt buildup. As a prophylactic measure, a couple days a week I'll water twice, or water to 50% or more runoff.

I remain skeptical of the need to flush hydroponic plants with plain pH adjusted water prior to harvest. I also remain skeptical of organically grown Cannabis having improved tastes/flavors. I feel the evidence suggests that the negative qualities folks attribute to "chemically" grown flowers are in fact mostly attributable to poor curing, sloppy growing technique, and mishandling post harvest.

The Albert Walker gallon jug experiment was sub-optimal. One had to invert it too far to drain water. I now have the Albert Walker in a 2 liter hempy. This will become a bonsai'd mother, joining the Osage Orange mom. As soon as the cuttings root, I'm bonsai mother an A13 and a Prayer Tower, both 2 liters.

I passed a couple Osage Orange cuts to a friend. I hope it travels far and wide as it's been a pleasure to grow so far. In kind, I was gifted 3 (Pandora's Box x TrainWreck) beans. Big, healthy, and tiger-striped. They'll be germinated after the next run is harvested. I'd be quite happy to get one female out of the trio.
IMG 02291

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Haha! I was wondering if anyone would notice the avatar. I'm super excited for season 2.

The flowers my GDP seeds came from weren't actually purple, so I have no idea if it was the real McCoy. The source of these said the flowers that they were found in was some straight-up dank, though, which is why he bothered to keep the beans.

What does your GDP plant look like?
Haha! I was wondering if anyone would notice the avatar. I'm super excited for season 2.

The flowers my GDP seeds came from weren't actually purple, so I have no idea if it was the real McCoy. The source of these said the flowers that they were found in was some straight-up dank, though, which is why he bothered to keep the beans.

What does your GDP plant look like?
Bro im in the exact same situation mine came from really light colored dark green leafed flowers no purple at all. the smoke was smooth and made ur chest hurt i enjoyed it so i kept the few seeds i found . ill show you my baby morty burp. ill put a pic . dude season too is gonna be too awesome. i like bob burgers too .

juniper

juniper

Bob's Burger's is awesome! I was positive it'd be cancelled after season one, because that happens to most of the animated shows I like (looking at you, Unsupervised). I'm glad it's doing well; animation is expensive and a lot of shows don't make it.

Could have been the real deal, maybe a cross though, or a self-pollinated plant. Everyone grows these days and a flower or a seed could be anything. Either way it was some dank! I'll be watching your grow to see how it turns out!

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Bob's Burger's is awesome! I was positive it'd be cancelled after season one, because that happens to most of the animated shows I like (looking at you, Unsupervised). I'm glad it's doing well; animation is expensive and a lot of shows don't make it.

Could have been the real deal, maybe a cross though, or a self-pollinated plant. Everyone grows these days and a flower or a seed could be anything. Either way it was some dank! I'll be watching your grow to see how it turns out!
Yeah its expensive. But worth it. south park last few seasons were great too. they seem to be gettinng raunchier every season which i enjoy. hey have you seen attack on titan ?self pollinated like hermi seed? Or crrossed with itself?

juniper

juniper

I would reason that most seeds found in "seedless" indoor grown flowers are selfed; hermaphrodite seed, crossed with itself. It could be pollen from another plant, though, but less likely. The majority of indoor growers don't keep males. I would further reason that a majority of commercial runs are the same clone, furthering likelihood of a "selfed" indoor bagseed.

I can't get into Attack on Titan. It's a very intense show though!

This season of South Park has been fantastic thus far. It actually runs semi-canon, episodes reference the previous ones in the season.

juniper

juniper

Osage Orange @ Day 41:
IMG 02391 IMG 02361 IMG 02401

She can drink a 5 gallon perlite bucket dry in 27 hours. Floral clusters are swelling very rapidly.

Apollo 13 @ Day 41:
IMG 02411 IMG 02421 IMG 02451
The floral clusters are practically done swelling. Day 48-49 is the harvest window I'm shooting for.

Here's the next round of plants to be flowered (A13 on right) as well as the mother/clone bucket.
IMG 02311 IMG 02331
Extra-intensive canopy management will be needed for this run; Apollo 13 has significantly more vegetative mass this go-around. The Prayer Tower will be about the same size as the Osage Orange when the latter was flowered.

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Yeah another week sounds good buddy is it day 41 from sprout or 12/12 start?
m
Osage Orange @ Day 41:
View attachment 459465 View attachment 459464 View attachment 459466

She can drink a 5 gallon perlite bucket dry in 27 hours. Floral clusters are swelling very rapidly.

Apollo 13 @ Day 41:
View attachment 459467 View attachment 459468 View attachment 459469
The floral clusters are practically done swelling. Day 48-49 is the harvest window I'm shooting for.

Here's the next round of plants to be flowered (A13 on right) as well as the mother/clone bucket.
View attachment 459462 View attachment 459463
Extra-intensive canopy management will be needed for this run; Apollo 13 has significantly more vegetative mass this go-around. The Prayer Tower will be about the same size as the Osage Orange when the latter was flowered.

juniper

juniper

Yeah another week sounds good buddy is it day 41 from sprout or 12/12 start?
m

Day 41 from 12/12. Well, I use 11.5/12.5. It had about 40 days of vegetative growth.
I've been dabbing some Apollo 13 wax made from this same cut. The taste is 100% floral. Specifically "white flowers", think funeral arrangement. Swoon.
This plant will be mothered indefinitely. A real blue-ribbon cut, I tell ya hwat.

juniper

juniper

Osage Orange @ Day 42:
IMG 02471

Apollo 13 @ Day 42:
IMG 02481 IMG 02491

I have switched from Dyna-Gro Protekt to General Hydroponics' Armor Si.
They are both solutions of K2SiO3. They are both 32 fluid ounces.
Dyna-Gro is 3% solution, General Hydroponics is 4%.
Armor Si was a couple dollars cheaper as well.
IMG 02531
I have enjoyed running General Hydroponics so far. Simple, effective nutrients at reasonable prices.
For a one-part dry nutrient that delivers consistent results, you really can't beat the Maxi series.
It costs roughly $0.09/gallon for vegetative formula, and about $o.12/gallon for bloom formula.

I run either MaxiGro or MaxiBloom formula at between 5-6 grams/gallon.
The included measuring spoon, when leveled off, is usually a hair over 5.5 grams.
The KISS method uses 7 grams of MaxiBloom per gallon.

juniper

juniper

Update @ day 44:

Apollo 13:
IMG 02581
She'll likely be harvested tomorrow. She's barely drinking, pistils are 80%+ orange, and inflorescence swelling has ceased. I don't really go by the trichomes. A 45 day strain results in 8.11 harvests/year. Even better than expected!
Very impressive plant. She'll be dry trimmed to allow for a slower drying process.

I managed to get a picture of the flower tent before the light warmed up:
IMG 02571

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Update @ day 44:

Apollo 13:
View attachment 460412
She'll likely be harvested tomorrow. She's barely drinking, pistils are 80%+ orange, and inflorescence swelling has ceased. I don't really go by the trichomes. A 45 day strain results in 8.11 harvests/year. Even better than expected!
Very impressive plant. She'll be dry trimmed to allow for a slower drying process.

I managed to get a picture of the flower tent before the light warmed up:
View attachment 460413
That apollo looks tasty and sticky ! what does she smell like @juniper ?

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

O
Day 41 from 12/12. Well, I use 11.5/12.5. It had about 40 days of vegetative growth.
I've been dabbing some Apollo 13 wax made from this same cut. The taste is 100% floral. Specifically "white flowers", think funeral arrangement. Swoon.
This plant will be mothered indefinitely. A real blue-ribbon cut, I tell ya hwat.
Oh. yeah . that sounds great.

juniper

juniper

Day 45. Harvest of Apollo 13:
IMG 02601 IMG 02611 IMG 02631
Harvest smelled like flowers and fruity cereal.
The MaxiBloom stained roots had plenty of room, confirming they needed more vegetative time.
Yield looks a little scant (I'm guessing about 3 oz.) but I'll reserve judgment until dry.

Perlite has limited re-usability. It has become expensive recently, especially the extra-coarse
grade I use.
I decided to try pure LECA clay pebbles. Brand is PLANT !T. Clone is Osage Orange.
I am optimistic that I can achieve similar results to perlite with similar input.
IMG 02641

Oh, and something novel:
IMG 02591
This is a gift from a friend. Reeferman's Love Potion sativa phenotype.
Foxtailing doesn't even describe it...my friend said it took 150+ days to flower.

Last edited:
bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Day 45. Harvest of Apollo 13:
View attachment 460683 View attachment 460684 View attachment 460685
Harvest smelled like flowers and fruity cereal.
The MaxiBloom stained roots had plenty of room, confirming they needed more vegetative time.
Yield looks a little scant (I'm guessing about 3 oz.) but I'll reserve judgment until dry.

Perlite has limited re-usability. It has become expensive recently, especially the extra-coarse
grade I use.
I decided to try pure LECA clay pebbles. Brand is PLANT !T. Clone is Osage Orange.
I am optimistic that I can achieve similar results to perlite with similar input.
View attachment 460686

Oh, and something novel:
View attachment 460687
This is a gift from a friend. Reeferman's Love Potion sativa phenotype.
Foxtailing doesn't even describe it...my friend said it took 150+ days to flower.
Nice bro thats a good friend indeed. 150. days thats incredible. and im sure your osage will be spectacular .

juniper

juniper

Nice bro thats a good friend indeed. 150. days thats incredible. and im sure your osage will be spectacular .

Oh for sure, super nice guy. I feel like I'm in the South; most everyone out here is so friendly.
150 days is crazy, if only I had the space and time.
Thanks friend! Most appreciated. The Osage cut has 2 weeks to go.

I moved the drying plants to the vegetative tent, because of increased airflow they were drying a little too quickly.

juniper

juniper

Update:

Osage Orange @ 48 days. Onward to day 60!
IMG 02671 IMG 02681 IMG 02701
The floral clusters aren't swelling as fast as a week ago but it's still drinking a lot of nutrient solution.
This one seems best at this much vegetative growth. Any larger and the buckets would need more moisture
retentive media. I was thinking about mixing LECA, perlite, and rockwool chunks.

A13 @ 2 days in flower:
IMG 02661 IMG 02711
Last run, there was one A13 plant w/ 5 weeks of vegetative time.
This run, there's two A13 plants w/ 7 weeks of vegetative time.
I crushed stems much more intensely on this plant. The stems are stronger, and the plants are much bushier.

Here's the vegetative tent:
IMG 02721
Clones were taken of the Albert Walker BX1.

juniper

juniper

The winter air here on the Front Range is much drier than, say, a damp Midwestern basement...
Branches dried much quicker than I anticipated.
Apollo 13 has less-dense flowers than most strains though, so that probably contributed to it.
I dry trimmed today. The larger buds are still a bit too moist to smoke but the leaves were crispy:
IMG 02781
2.5-3 oz. of high-quality flowers in the left bowl. They'll dry another day or two before they go in jars.
26.4 grams of grade-B flowers and trim in the right bowl. At least a half of it is frosty flowers. The rest is sugar trim.

I am currently making Cannabis infused butter with the latter. 2 cups water/1 lb. butter.

Got a shot of the flower tent right after the lamp struck:
IMG 02731
In yesterday's entry I mistakenly said it was day 48 for the Osage Orange.
Today is, in fact, day 48.

juniper

juniper

Unexpected Harvest Day Update:

I was harvesting 2 smaller branches to let in more light and air, when I noticed what appeared to be the start of mold (tiny white fuzzy speck in the biggest flower). I went ahead and harvested. Looking at this plant, I realized it would have been done before day 60 anyway. 56 days probably would have been perfect, but there's always next run.

In fact, both buckets currently in vegetative growth are Osage Orange. A13 has several advantages over the Osage Orange, but the scant yield, less trichome coverage, and less intense aroma make Osage Orange the winner by a decent margin.
This plant was huge, all flower and sugar trim, top to bottom:
IMG 02811 IMG 02821
This plant has far more sugar trim than the A13 and denser flowers. Hopefully it will dry slower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom