Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wishbone

Wishbone

Hard to say because of how the mountains and trees block it. I'm guessing about 8hrs, maybe 9. Sun doesn't hit the whole garden till around 9am. It's on the West face of a hill, oaks and pines to the East of it, pines and greenhouse to the West. We have giant Sugar Pines blocking the Western sun so it's like dusk on this property from 5-6pm to sundown. It makes for very comfortable temps in the early evenings. Its near perfect for growing anything that grows in this zone. The previous property owners grew wine grapes very successfully. I've learned that weed thrives anywhere wine grapes can grow. Napa and Calistoga have huuuuuge plants. Where I grew up, in the Sacramento delta, it was common to see 15' plants. Again, right next to wine grape fields, lol.

Right on, that's about what I am working with as well, quite a few big trees around, just curious.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Lookin good. Mine been drinking crazy amounts too. I was thinking yesterday about how these plants probably weigh about a pound and are drinking about 10+ lbs of water each per day. Crazy. This morning I filled the trays all the way up and came home to dry trays and light plants. The other day they dried so bad in 8 hours that a lot of leaves got burned up. They still look good though. Getting too tall, I been doing a lot of bending.

Brother Will

Brother Will

Hello You Guys... Here Are More Of Our Excellent Growers Hang'in Out.

OK---> So It's 8lbs To A Gallon Jug. One And A 1/4 Gallons Each Plant And

Yesterday So Bad It Got Some Of Your Leaves. Now Dry Trays Gulp-Gulp-Gulp !

Farmer P Is This Link Above One Of Your Grows ?

Oh Yes, Looks Like It. I'm Trying To Get Around To Everyone's Grow... Sorry It's

Taken Me A Bit To Catch Up. Do Either Of You Mind If I Hitch A Ride Along Checking

Out Your Grows ?

Have A Nice Relaxing Evening... Peace Be With You And Yours. Just Me BW.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 7/25/18 #2

I love it when they finally start getting all big and bushy. It becomes a very nice secluded place to meditate and perfect for morning tea now.
20180725 192425
20180725 192451
20180725 192131
20180725 192227
20180725 192145

Banana Ice Cream
20180725 192813

Banana Ice Cream
20180725 192850

Banana Crack
20180725 192834

Banana Ice Cream
20180725 192826

Orange Creamsicle
20180725 192922

Idunnoes (or "Bum Piss", for you UK people, not that kind of bum)
20180725 192946

It's a trip how much the growth structures differ between the strains.

Idunnoes (branching more and less internodal space since the lollipop)
20180725 193008

Banana Ice Cream
20180725 193027
20180725 193035

Banana Crack
20180725 193048

Orange Creamsicle
20180725 193109

The trees and hills filter the early morning and late afternoon light, giving only about 8-9hrs of full sun. The pines in the far background behind the oak trees are Sugar Pines and they're all over 400' away. They are monsters. Their pinecones are so big they've been known to kill people.

West of the garden
20180725 192254

East of the garden
20180725 194041

Here's a few of the smaller Sugar Pines right behind my trailer.
20180725 191835

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hello You Guys... Here Are More Of Our Excellent Growers Hang'in Out.

OK---> So It's 8lbs To A Gallon Jug. One And A 1/4 Gallons Each Plant And

Yesterday So Bad It Got Some Of Your Leaves. Now Dry Trays Gulp-Gulp-Gulp !

Farmer P Is This Link Above One Of Your Grows ?

Oh Yes, Looks Like It. I'm Trying To Get Around To Everyone's Grow... Sorry It's

Taken Me A Bit To Catch Up. Do Either Of You Mind If I Hitch A Ride Along Checking

Out Your Grows ?

Have A Nice Relaxing Evening... Peace Be With You And Yours. Just Me BW.

I make these posts so that anyone can follow along and learn from my triumphs and mistakes. So you are absolutely welcome to follow my grow. I post often, please don't feel obligated to read every post, though you are more than welcome to do so. You are also welcome to comment or ask questions at any time. This forum is for sharing our knowledge and it works best if we interact so I try hard to answer any question or comments that are intended to illicit a response. I follow only a small number of other grows on a regular basis because there is only so much time in a day. Nice to meet you.

The link your reading is a post's signature and is not a permanent part of FarmerP's post on this page. So we cannot necessarily see what you're talking about. The signatures are dynamic and can be changed just like the avatars and will change on all of that person's posts every time it is changed. I think I asked about his signature as well when I was first on the forum. It shows up when a phone is sideways or on a computer screen.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

:smoking: beautiful spot you have there.

Thank you. It's my cousin's property. I'm about 300' West and down the hill from the garden. I love living in the Sierra foothills/mountains. As far as I'm concerned the only place more comfortable to live is along the Cali central coastline. We have mostly mild winters and summers. The grow season is fairly long and we only have occasional winter/spring snowstorms. Just enough snow to enjoy and not enough to have to shovel, usually.

Brother Will

Brother Will

I follow only a small number of other grows on a regular basis because there is only so much time in a day. Nice to meet you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Yes, You're Very Correct... Only So Much Time In A Day. Very Nice To Meet You Too. I So Agree-> Perfect Spot For Meditation/What A Beautiful Location !

The link your reading is a post's signature and is not a permanent part of FarmerP's post on this page. So we cannot necessarily see what you're talking about. The signatures are dynamic and can be changed just like the avatars and will change on all of that person's posts every time it is changed. I think I asked about his signature as well when I was first on the forum. It shows up when a phone is sideways or on a computer screen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh-Haaa I See. Thanks Very Much For Explaining And This Invite.
Have A Super Nice Day And Weekend Everyone. Peace, BW

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Yes, You're Very Correct... Only So Much Time In A Day. Very Nice To Meet You Too. I So Agree-> Perfect Spot For Meditation/What A Beautiful Location !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh-Haaa I See. Thanks Very Much For Explaining And This Invite.
Have A Super Nice Day And Weekend Everyone. Peace, BW

Well, enjoy my friend. This is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable people. In one year I went from knowing almost nothing to being a fairly competent grower. All due to the help I've received here. I, in turn, am very pleased to do my part in helping others in the same way.

Happy growing

Brother Will

Brother Will

What A Marvelous Post ! Super Well Stated. In One Year FANTASTIC !
Nothing Like Paying It Forward... I Do Agree/Wonderful Site/Excellent Members And Staff.
What A Dramatic Change From Your Past Photos To Wooowy Now ! Growing Like A Forest !
Happy Skills To You Kind Sir ! Peace, BW

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 7/26/18 #2

Heat of the day 102F. They're handling it well. I made sure to soak the sh*t out of them in preparation for a week in the 100's. The growth rate of the Banana Crack is insane. It's about the same height as the Idunnoes now, plus 6' wide or more. I think the nutes are sitting right with my girls this round as well. I was concerned with overwatering and didn't give them as much water last year and had a lot of dehydration problems. No droop from lack of water at all this year or signs of overwatering. Looks like the Spinosad worked to kill the thrips too. So no pest problems either (that is making this season very easy).

20180726 152926
20180726 153110
20180726 162336
20180726 162455

justiceman

justiceman

Beautiful! It's awesome seeing them all filled out and mature. :D I remember reading that the sugar pines produce one of the larger pine cones around. Pretty cool.

I love the angle of this picture with the fan leaves and flowers sitting in between.
20180725_192131-jpg.818017

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Beautiful! It's awesome seeing them all filled out and mature. :D I remember reading that the sugar pines produce one of the larger pine cones around. Pretty cool.

I love the angle of this picture with the fan leaves and flowers sitting in between.
20180725_192131-jpg.818017

Thank you so much.

Yup, the Sugar Pines will drop 2' or longer pinecones. I remember seening one that looked to be around 3' from a large tree up near Tahoe.

Me too, this shot is one of my favs. It doesn't have the balance of most of the other pics but it's the only one that comes close to showing her enormity. Still the picture is deceptive because shes about three feet back from that six foot fence. To help give an idea, those are fully grown marigolds and petunias in a 3gal pot about a foot tall.

I can tell you appreciate the art. Your pictures reflect how much you love your subjects. There are a lot of really great photographers on this forum. I desperately need a 35mm or 50mm prime lens for my Pentax K-S1. I can't get close enough with my 18-55mm zoom. It's hard for me to put aside $150-$180 for a prime and a set of macros right now though. Hope I can do it before the buds get too far along. Gonna make a run at POTM again this year. If I would have let my Creamsicle go all the way last year I might have had a chance. Got some votes on my Royal Nepal but they didn't have the colors like the Creamsicle. Though the RNK were loaded with icky sticky resin they didn't have the obvious frostiness to compete with flowers like FarmerP's Mambas and Cevere's Diablos.

Top Bottom