Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I want to know the weight of that cola when finished. Holy F^ck!

Wet weight? I can try to get a dry weight. It won't be completely accurate because I have to lop it to pieces and remove the stalk before brown bagging for final trim & cure. It's big so maybe I can keep track of it during/after the hang dry.

I think these will be bigger. The tip of the Griswald that's showing is almost 1.5' but I think it goes another 1'+ deeper into the plant. They're beginning to swell. It's my favorite part of the flower cycle because we start to see the full potential of the colas.
20180905 195813

It's a trip standing outside the garden next to them. They're already big but their bases are a couple feet higher than the path around them, so they seem even bigger.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Right on! Was sifting through some Royal Nepal shake for beans and found one. Wooohooo!!! It's not the best bean but it looks good enough. I'll begin soaking it this morning and hopefully I can get it to germinate in the next couple days. The pretty one I'll save for next year's garden or to store it's pollen for X-ing if male. I took a look at my seed stock and was surprised to find I had a lot more than I realised. Thought I was out of Orange Creamsicle and have four, and two Banana Ice Cream instead of only one. Now I don't have to clone the heavily damaged Creamsicle.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Dumped the clones. I don't like that rockwool sh*t. Get too saturated, too easily. I know soil. How it drains. How it feeds. Temps it'll hold to. I'll stick to what I know. Popped a couple BIC beans and an RNK. I can grow from seed faster than I can reveg a clone. Maybe I'll ll try the clone for sex technique this time instead of waiting for preflowers.

Anyway, here are some pics of the girls. Still jumpin off since "The Great Mite Massacre of 2018". Will do another round of Triazicide starting tonight. 6 days, 3 sprays. Broad Mites have an extremely short life cycle, 14 days. Only 4 days in the eggs so a six day spray cycle gets em all.
20180907 132259
20180907 132327
20180907 132339
20180907 132353
20180907 132402
20180907 132417
20180907 132424

BIC#1
20180907 081524
20180907 081533
20180907 131524
20180907 131513
20180907 131408
20180907 131400

BIC <1 & 2>
20180907 131333

20180907 131325

BIC#2
20180907 131256
20180907 131239
20180907 131151

BIC#1, This a good shot to show how thick she is. There are barely any open spots on the stem.
20180907 130823

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 9/7/18 #2

Sprayed Triazicide again today as a follow up. Friggin BIC#2 lost 2 more branches and almost a 3rd. That thing is brittle. Next year I'll make sure they're all super cropped to keep them more spread out and bushy. I didn't get any pics of the lost branches because I was covered in the spray and rushed back in to get a shower. Here are more flower pics from BC, BIC#3, OC, and Idunnoes.

Banana Crack
20180907 150650
20180907 150618
20180907 150704

Banana Ice Cream #3
20180907 150745
20180907 150757
20180907 150852

Orange Creamsicle
20180907 150917
20180907 150932
20180907 151149

Idunnoes
20180907 130631
20180907 130531
20180907 130614

Farmer P

Farmer P

Looking awesome SJ!! When do you expect to be chopping? A lot of strains say first week of October, but I'm thinking a little longer than that might be in order. I checked my log from last year and I chopped mid october, but I remember thinking I could've gone longer but I just got too eager or something lol.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Looking awesome SJ!! When do you expect to be chopping? A lot of strains say first week of October, but I'm thinking a little longer than that might be in order. I checked my log from last year and I chopped mid october, but I remember thinking I could've gone longer but I just got too eager or something lol.

TY much

Thinking mid-late Nov or longer. According to the breeders they should be almost ready to harvest, but they're not even close. The Creamsicle will probably be late Oct - early Nov. Not cutting too early on any this year. Rather run the risk of making sleepytime wheelchair weed than that foofy Creamsicle sh*t I harvested last year.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Grow Log 9/7/18 #2

Sprayed Triazicide again today as a follow up. Friggin BIC#2 lost 2 more branches and almost a 3rd. That thing is brittle. Next year I'll make sure they're all super cropped to keep them more spread out and bushy. I didn't get any pics of the lost branches because I was covered in the spray and rushed back in to get a shower. Here are more flower pics from BC, BIC#3, OC, and Idunnoes.

Banana Crack
View attachment 828182 View attachment 828192 View attachment 828193
Banana Ice Cream #3
View attachment 828183 View attachment 828184 View attachment 828185
Orange Creamsicle
View attachment 828194 View attachment 828186 View attachment 828187
Idunnoes
View attachment 828189 View attachment 828190 View attachment 828191
Question,? how close to chop are you. Triazicide can remain active for 8 weeks. It was designed for vegetables and flowers/shrubs not for a medicine you or many will combust to get the desired effects. Think of what your doing . A lot of chemical compounds can become even more toxic when put thru the combustion process. The by products there of.

You can wash a berries, peppers, tomatoes and squash etc, and get the residue off. Fairly safe.

How are you going to wash or clean your cannabis flowers??????? . What is your game plan?

Even spetracides own literature says once the agent is dried it cant be washed off. So how you gonna clean all those colas??

justiceman

justiceman

Still jammin, and due for a big feeding tomorrow.

Banana Crack, she's gotta be 8'-9' across.
View attachment 827720
Huuuuuuge girl right there! :shockedninja:
Right on! Was sifting through some Royal Nepal shake for beans and found one. Wooohooo!!! It's not the best bean but it looks good enough. I'll begin soaking it this morning and hopefully I can get it to germinate in the next couple days. The pretty one I'll save for next year's garden or to store it's pollen for X-ing if male. I took a look at my seed stock and was surprised to find I had a lot more than I realised. Thought I was out of Orange Creamsicle and have four, and two Banana Ice Cream instead of only one. Now I don't have to clone the heavily damaged Creamsicle.
That's great news especially you finding a bean of your belived Royal Nepal.

Dumped the clones. I don't like that rockwool sh*t. Get too saturated, too easily. I know soil. How it drains. How it feeds. Temps it'll hold to. I'll stick to what I know. Popped a couple BIC beans and an RNK. I can grow from seed faster than I can reveg a clone. Maybe I'll ll try the clone for sex technique this time instead of waiting for preflowers.

Anyway, here are some pics of the girls. Still jumpin off since "The Great Mite Massacre of 2018". Will do another round of Triazicide starting tonight. 6 days, 3 sprays. Broad Mites have an extremely short life cycle, 14 days. Only 4 days in the eggs so a six day spray cycle gets em all.
View attachment 828081 View attachment 828082 View attachment 828084 View attachment 828086 View attachment 828088 View attachment 828092 View attachment 828093
BIC#1
View attachment 828094 View attachment 828095 View attachment 828096 View attachment 828097 View attachment 828098 View attachment 828099
BIC <1 & 2>
View attachment 828100
View attachment 828101
BIC#2
View attachment 828102 View attachment 828103 View attachment 828104
BIC#1, This a good shot to show how thick she is. There are barely any open spots on the stem.
View attachment 828105
Rockwool has a bit of a learning curve believe me I know haha. If you end up trying it again I'd recommend shaking the cubes till water stops coming out of them. Usually that's about the level of saturation you'd want for cloning. Any more and it's rot central.
TY much

Thinking mid-late Nov or longer. According to the breeders they should be almost ready to harvest, but they're not even close. The Creamsicle will probably be late Oct - early Nov. Not cutting too early on any this year. Rather run the risk of making sleepytime wheelchair weed than that foofy Creamsicle sh*t I harvested last year.
Yup definitely some different weather this year. I remember my plants being much further along around this time in past seasons. I'd say you are right on about the harvest time. I'm most likely looking at around early to mid November. We'll see:smoking:

Here is my favorite picture of the bunch. Really shoes how big those colas are going to get. That's too bad about the broken branches from the trellis. I guess it's just the way it is, but looks like your yield will still be wonderful.
20180908_123353-jpg.828331

Question,? how close to chop are you. Triazicide can remain active for 8 weeks. It was designed for vegetables and flowers/shrubs not for a medicine you or many will combust to get the desired effects. Think of what your doing . A lot of chemical compounds can become even more toxic when put thru the combustion process. The by products there of.

You can wash a berries, peppers, tomatoes and squash etc, and get the residue off. Fairly safe.

How are you going to wash or clean your cannabis flowers??????? . What is your game plan?

Even spetracides own literature says once the agent is dried it cant be washed off. So how you gonna clean all those colas??
Those are good points to always consider/research when using any type of pesticide. I believe harvest time for Junk is around late Oct to early Nov. Just an assumption but I'm thinking he's planning to spray them with plain water close to harvest to help wash any excess off. It's very confusing that Spectracide states it can be washed off of vegetables, and fruits but then go on to say that once it's dried it can't be washed off.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Huuuuuuge girl right there! :shockedninja:

That's great news especially you finding a bean of your belived Royal Nepal.

Rockwool has a bit of a learning curve believe me I know haha. If you end up trying it again I'd recommend shaking the cubes till water stops coming out of them. Usually that's about the level of saturation you'd want for cloning. Any more and it's rot central.

Yup definitely some different weather this year. I remember my plants being much further along around this time in past seasons. I'd say you are right on about the harvest time. I'm most likely looking at around early to mid November. We'll see:smoking:

Here is my favorite picture of the bunch. Really shoes how big those colas are going to get. That's too bad about the broken branches from the trellis. I guess it's just the way it is, but looks like your yield will still be wonderful.
20180908_123353-jpg.828331

Those are good points to always consider/research when using any type of pesticide. I believe harvest time for Junk is around late Oct to early Nov. Just an assumption but I'm thinking he's planning to spray them with plain water close to harvest to help wash any excess off. It's very confusing that Spectracide states it can be washed off of vegetables, and fruits but then go on to say that once it's dried it can't be washed off.
I would err on the side of caution. Because their claims are sales double speak!!!!!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I do wash my flowers at harvest in an H2O2 bath. No different than veggies.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm not trying to challenge you but everyone is waaay overreacting to this pesticide issue. If it can be safely sprayed on cauliflower and broccoli, then it is safe to spray on cannabis. If you've ever bought commercially produced cannabis I guarantee you it has been sprayed with pesticides. I've been smoking weed for 35yrs and up until 5yrs ago I only smoked weed distributed through the black/grey market and I am certain it all had pesticides. I've worked with commercial growers and I KNOW they spray their crops with pyrethrins (in flower, with less than a month to harvest). And you are lucky if what they're using is that mild. I grew up smoking weed (and every other piece of produce I ate) sprayed with malathion and diazanon. I know that some growers still spray malathion (which I am absolutely opposed to).

(I'm not speaking about you here. This is a general statement.) All this hippy-dippy bullsh*t is pissing me off. Everyone is munching out on Twinkies, Doritos, Pepsi, and Coke. Eating food full loaded with corn syrup from genetically modified corn and every other thing with so much extra flavor enhancers, chemically treated oils, and food coloring that is scarier than a label on a bottle of household cleanser. Then they complain if the fruit they eat isn't organic. I grew up in the middle of agriculture with crop dusters dumping thousands of gallons of pesticides over my house and worked in fields and packing sheds. I didn't start getting sick till I lived in the city. The only people I grew up with who died young were from overdoses, suicides, murders, and accidents. Most of the farmers/ranchers I knew lived well into their 80's+, except the ones with liver damage from alcohol.

My point is, use the mildest pesticides you can that get the job done and wash your harvest. My buds are soaked in a dilute H2O2 bath for 5min then rinsed with fresh water. I wasn't going to wash them this year but I also wasn't planning on using anything more than Azamax. The growers selling to dispensaries are using Triazacide for Broad Mites, or another even stronger commercial pyrethrins.

Everything in this world kills us, especially time.

Now excuse me, I just found out one of my little cousins murdered somebody yesterday and I have to go support my family.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm not trying to challenge you but everyone is waaay overreacting to this pesticide issue. If it can be safely sprayed on cauliflower and broccoli, then it is safe to spray on cannabis. If you've ever bought commercially produced cannabis I guarantee you it has been sprayed with pesticides. I've been smoking weed for 35yrs and up until 5yrs ago I only smoked weed distributed through the black/grey market and I am certain it all had pesticides. I've worked with commercial growers and I KNOW they spray their crops with pyrethrins (in flower, with less than a month to harvest). And you are lucky if what they're using is that mild. I grew up smoking weed (and every other piece of produce I ate) sprayed with malathion and diazanon. I know that some growers still spray malathion (which I am absolutely opposed to).

(I'm not speaking about you here. This is a general statement.) All this hippy-dippy bullsh*t is pissing me off. Everyone is munching out on Twinkies, Doritos, Pepsi, and Coke. Eating food full loaded with corn syrup from genetically modified corn and every other thing with so much extra flavor enhancers, chemically treated oils, and food coloring that is scarier than a label on a bottle of household cleanser. Then they complain if the fruit they eat isn't organic. I grew up in the middle of agriculture with crop dusters dumping thousands of gallons of pesticides over my house and worked in fields and packing sheds. I didn't start getting sick till I lived in the city. The only people I grew up with who died young were from overdoses, suicides, murders, and accidents. Most of the farmers/ranchers I knew lived well into their 80's+, except the ones with liver damage from alcohol.

My point is, use the mildest pesticides you can that get the job done and wash your harvest. My buds are soaked in a dilute H2O2 bath for 5min then rinsed with fresh water. I wasn't going to wash them this year but I also wasn't planning on using anything more than Azamax. The growers selling to dispensaries are using Triazacide for Broad Mites, or another even stronger commercial pyrethrins.

Everything in this world kills us, especially time.

Now excuse me, I just found out one of my little cousins murdered somebody yesterday and I have to go support my family.
You are entitled to your opinion. I take no offense. I have been toking right about the same number of years. Only insecticides, herbicides I ingested were during the paraquat scares in the 70's

I will not smoke commercially grown cannabis for the reasons you mentioned. I hear what your saying about the veggies, and if your washing your flowers all the better. But the comparision of veggies to cannabis is not really valid as we don't smoke cauliflower or broccoli. Combustion changes the chemical compounds. I did try smokin banana peels in the 60's tho. :D Also ate a shit load of nutmeg and got sicker than hell. :(

the part that got me was spetracides claim that once the plants are treated it wont wash off with rain. So if rain wont wash it off how will your method get the job done. At the end of the day what you do with your grows is your business. I really wasn't wanting to get any drama going just stating my opinion and asking you to do a little more research. If your comfortable with what methods you use your the one that has to look at yourself in the mirror , not me. I personally wouldnt smoke your buds (thats why I have always grown my own) because I am more than a bit leery of the entire chemicals industry and the claims they make. And if you think the watch dogs and regulators are really looking out for you and me , then I don't know what to say...……. Spoke my piece and will let it fall where it may. Peace :smoking:

Sorry to hear about the family matters. hope it works itself out.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You are entitled to your opinion. I take no offense. I have been toking right about the same number of years. Only insecticides, herbicides I ingested were during the paraquat scares in the 70's

I will not smoke commercially grown cannabis for the reasons you mentioned. I hear what your saying about the veggies, and if your washing your flowers all the better. But the comparision of veggies to cannabis is not really valid as we don't smoke cauliflower or broccoli. Combustion changes the chemical compounds. I did try smokin banana peels in the 60's tho. :D Also ate a shit load of nutmeg and got sicker than hell. :(

the part that got me was spetracides claim that once tearted it wont wash off with rain. So if rain wont wash it off how will your method get the job done. At the end of the day what you do with your grows is your business. I really wasn't wanting to get any drama going just stating my opinion and asking you to do a little more research. If your comfortable with what methods you use your the one that has to look at yourself in the mirror , not me. I personally would smoke your buds because I am more leery of the entire chemicals industry and the claims they make. And if you think the watch dogs and regulators are really looking out for you and me , then I don't know what to say...……. Spoke my piece and will let it fall where it may. Peace :smoking:

Sorry to hear about the family matters. hope it works itself out.

Sorry, I found out about my little cousin right as I was beginning to respond to you and was kinda losin it. I don't like to use chemical sh*t and anyone getting it from me gets full disclosure. I won't misrepresent my grow. Gamma-Cyhalothrin may not wash off, however according to my research it does break down more quickly in sunlight. I guess that's why they're it's no bĂşeno for indoor grows (though I would make an argument for grow lights with a near solar spectrum being capable). Gamma-Cyhalothrin is persistent for 4-8 weeks "in the soil", not on the surface of the plant in the sunlight, and I water regularly and heavily in smart pots so it is highly unlikely that it would remain in any dangerous levels in my soil. I make the argument that without a wetting agent to cause absorption very little will be taken in systemically by the plant. My girls won't be ready for another month minimum which is plenty of time for it to safely be broken down. I do my research and I wouldn't spray with something I'm not confident will be safe before harvest. As to your argument of it being any more dangerous due to direct ignition doesn't fly with me and I find no scientific evidence to back it up. If it is unsafe to burn, it is unsafe to eat. Residual, is residual, is residual, no matter the preparation of the produce it's used on.

I smoke my own flowers and am confident they will be safe. I'm also switching over to Nuke Em as I only needed the Triazicide to decimate the original infestation. Something I did not have confidence that an organic like Nuke Em could do. There would have been better options if the Feds hadn't come in a week before and confiscated everything else.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I guess my cousin was drunk and acting unstable. He brandished his AR-15 at several of my family members so they left the property. While they were gone he shot his friend in the head. Supposedly it was on accident but by the way he was acting, who knows.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry, I found out about my little cousin right as I was beginning to respond to you and was kinda losin it. I don't like to use chemical sh*t and anyone getting it from me gets full disclosure. I won't misrepresent my grow. Gamma-Cyhalothrin may not wash off, however according to my research it does break down more quickly in sunlight. I guess that's why they're it's no bĂşeno for indoor grows (though I would make an argument for grow lights with a near solar spectrum being capable). Gamma-Cyhalothrin is persistent for 4-8 weeks "in the soil", not on the surface of the plant in the sunlight, and I water regularly and heavily in smart pots so it is highly unlikely that it would remain in any dangerous levels in my soil. I make the argument that without a wetting agent to cause absorption very little will be taken in systemically by the plant. My girls won't be ready for another month minimum which is plenty of time for it to safely be broken down. I do my research and I wouldn't spray with something I'm not confident will be safe before harvest. As to your argument of it being any more dangerous due to direct ignition doesn't fly with me and I find no scientific evidence to back it up. If it is unsafe to burn, it is unsafe to eat. Residual, is residual, is residual, no matter the preparation of the produce it's used on.

I smoke my own flowers and am confident they will be safe. I'm also switching over to Nuke Em as I only needed the Triazicide to decimate the original infestation. Something I did not have confidence that an organic like Nuke Em could do. There would have been better options if the Feds hadn't come in a week before and confiscated everything else.
thank you for the further clarification. Really am not trying to be a D777 Just debating and doing critical thinking. Hope we can agree to disagree. :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I guess my cousin was drunk and acting unstable. He brandished his AR-15 at several of my family members so they left the property. While they were gone he shot his friend in the head. Supposedly it was on accident but by the way he was acting, who knows.
Wow, Thats heavy shyt right there. Prayers man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom