Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow log 9/10/18
thank you for the further clarification. Really am not trying to be a D777 Just debating and doing critical thinking. Hope we can agree to disagree. :D

Honestly, I hate doing it. I don't like using harsh pesticides and I am really on the fence with this stuff. I had a lot of info for and against but most of the locals are saying it's safe and using it. This stuff is flying off the shelves and couldn't find anything in my own research conclusively against it. I've read the labels, MDS sheets, the expanded pdf supplied by the manufacturers with molecular structure and all the environmental and handling sh*t. I DO hear ya, but I can't find the evidence to back up your claims and I had to do something. Give me hard evidence, even a compelling thesis by someone with a molecular biology/biochemistry background. What's done is done. I've sprayed it this year and they're getting two more applications over the next 3 days. According to the labeling I can use it for a couple more weeks but I always cut off pesticides earlier than recommended. So all Nuke Em out of a thermal fogger for the rest of the season. But if you give me something conclusive I won't use it again.

Again, no one who gets it from me will receive it without knowing exactly what I used and when. Honesty is my general policy with only a few exceptions (our corrupt government) but I won't deceive another person without good cause. And would never do it to cause harm to another with the exception of strategic deception I a time of war (I'm a former soldier).

I used to have a friend who was a biochemist and a mad genius (like Goodwill Hunting smart). She was studying pharmacology. I wish I could find her, she'd know.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wow, Thats heavy shyt right there. Prayers man.

Thank you for the prayers. My head and heart are all over the place. I've got so much going on that adding this to my plate is absolutely overwhelming.

Sorry brother.

Thank you.

I found out more about my cousins situation and it's not boding well for him. He was a witness to an "alleged suicide" only a few years ago and this time he told the cops the guy had committed suicide. From everything I'm hearing HE shot the guy this time (and now I'm hearing it was a handgun not AR-15 but I think it was a folding stock AR).

So now everyone is going WTF??? including the cops. Because last time seemed shady and it's a pretty big f^ckin coincidence.

It hasn't even sunk in to me that the other dude is dead. The guy was a friend of my other cousins, and niece, and nephews. I'm hoping this doesnt rip up my family and I can't even mourn yet for the other guy's people cause I'm still in shock.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 9/10/18

20180910 161743
20180910 161810
20180910 161646
20180910 161657
20180910 161637
20180910 161914

2x Royal Nepal Kush, 2x Banana Ice Cream. Built a decent sise section of my deck/porch so I have a place to set up the tent, plus the rains are coming soon and I don't like trudging muddy footprints through my house. I will try to get walls built as well so I have a drying room and warm place to hang out in the winter. In the morning I'll assemble the tent. Not going to try to beanling these under the nearly useless 15w 4100k T5 that's shining on them in this pic. Will get them under the double 100w Cree CXB3590 COB set high up and turned down to around 165w to keep the stretch to a minimum. I want these nice and short to optimise growing space. If the double looks like it's cooking them I'll switch it out with the single 67w Cree CXB3590 COB.
20180911 015416

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 9/11/18

I love these shots just beforer dawn. They seem so pure and the green is rich. Feels like a morning on the North coast in Ft Bragg/Mendo.

20180911 064317
20180911 064331
20180911 064359
20180911 064423
20180911 064433
20180911 064445
20180911 064531
20180911 064702
20180911 064923
20180911 064947
20180911 065055
20180911 065110
20180911 065013
20180911 065320
20180911 065031
20180911 065629

Trap was brand new 6 days ago and I don't think I've even made a dent in the hive. Still almost impossible to cook any meat outside without being swarmed.
20180911 065933

justiceman

justiceman

Damn meat bees in masses! Man I'm sorry to hear about the whole situation. It doesn't sound good but I hope that your beautiful garden provides you with a moment of tranquility during such turbulent times. The trichs are really coming out well now :smoking: It's nice to see some new life too. I love seedlings.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you for the prayers. My head and heart are all over the place. I've got so much going on that adding this to my plate is absolutely overwhelming.

Thank you.

I found out more about my cousins situation and it's not boding well for him. He was a witness to an "alleged suicide" only a few years ago and this time he told the cops the guy had committed suicide. From everything I'm hearing HE shot the guy this time (and now I'm hearing it was a handgun not AR-15 but I think it was a folding stock AR).

So now everyone is going WTF??? including the cops. Because last time seemed shady and it's a pretty big f^ckin coincidence.

It hasn't even sunk in to me that the other dude is dead. The guy was a friend of my other cousins, and niece, and nephews. I'm hoping this doesnt rip up my family and I can't even mourn yet for the other guy's people cause I'm still in shock.
You will soldier thru anything life throws at you. Sad to hear. Some hard times ahead. You will persevere.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Damn meat bees in masses! Man I'm sorry to hear about the whole situation. It doesn't sound good but I hope that your beautiful garden provides you with a moment of tranquility during such turbulent times. The trichs are really coming out well now :smoking: It's nice to see some new life too. I love seedlings.

You will soldier thru anything life throws at you. Sad to hear. Some hard times ahead. You will persevere.

Thank you both. You are very kind. My nephew was close with the guy who died and he usually tends to have quite the temper, but he appears to be doing ok. That was my my main concern. He did bring up something that seems so surreal that I can't wrap my head around it. This isn't the second time that my cousin has been present during a suicide/accidental death, it's the fourth. We're wondering if our cousin may be a serial killer. I think this is why it's hard to catch them. People just can't believe that someone so close to them could be a big time evil monster.

I'm sure the cops are starting to add things up as well. It's friggin crazy but how many times does a person have to be around suspicious deaths before everyone starts going "hmmm?"

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 9/11/18

I'm struggling with my beanlings. They're droopy and I don't know if it's too much light or not enough. When I started the seeds last time I had the T5 15w 4100k that didn't work for anything but germination. Then bought and used my single CXB3950 67w COB. I didn't realise it's strength and ended up cooking them pretty good. Finally figured out I needed to back it off a lot. It functioned pretty well after that but by then they were into the veg cycle. Later in that grow I bought my CXB3590 2x 100w (200w total) and it has a dimmer with a huge range. Ran the 2x CXB3590 at only 75-80% during the veg cycle along side the 1x 67w CXB3590 dropped a couple inches lower.

Now I have this very useful 2x CXB3590 that will dim super low and I'm not quite sure how it needs to be set.

Here's how my tent is set up at the moment...

I started them under the 15w 4100k T5 and that's why the leaves are droopy. Now, trying to fix this with my tent setup...

The tent is 48x24x60, outside on my covered deck, 80-90F daytime, 58-70F nighttime,
Have a power timer set from 6am-10pm,
Running the 2x 200w CXB3590 about 2' above at 25%,
The beanlings are in peat pots filled with Fox Farms Lucky Dog K9-Kube soil (good sh*t but way too much pearlite to use as a starter soil),
One of the Banana Ice Cream beans got stuck in its seed coat because it was a bit old and tough, I helped it out but may have been too late, could go either way,
The beanlings are in a tray under a Nano-dome with a 78F seedling heating mat underneath the tray running at night when the light is off (may buy a timer for it also),
Have one variable speed USB computer fan to push cool air into the bottom of the tent as warm air escapes from the top,
A second USB fan that moves 4-5x the air volume if needed,
Don't know the current humidity and temps because my grow specific hydrometer with dual reads (at the unit and a 4' probe) needs batteries (will get tomorrow), it records temp data and had a happy/meh/sad face indicator for optimal grow conditions. I think that's everything.

I think my setup is right but I need a solid day to see if they perk up under these conditions. Over the next week I'll increase the 2x CXB3590's output gradually till I reach about 75%. Then add the 1x CXB3590 towards the end of the week.

I think I've got this but any experienced input is welcome. Those of you who know me, know that I have very little indoor growing experience.

20180911 191816
20180911 191827
20180911 191832
20180911 191934
20180911 191945
20180911 191956
20180911 192003

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@jumpincactus, just an FYI...

Your dislike for Traizicide got under my skin and was gnawing at my subconscious thoughts, lol. I didn't go through with the second application because it was bugging me so much. I closely moniter my girls progress and should be just on the safe side by harvest. Saw no more mite sign so more applications of any pesticides are not necessary at this time. I've upped the nitrogen to run the cycle out a little longer and will do several Sledgehammer assisted soil flushes to run it out of the soil more quickly. You see, I listen. Was just stuck between a rock and hard place with those pesky broad mites. Nuke Em only from here to harvest.

Even though I found no proof to support your claims, your passion on the subject swayed me. Thank you.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 9/12/18

They are happy with 25% at 2', kicking it up to 35%. Will periodically up the power 10% until I see wilt, then back off a hair. I will find the perfect settings. I absolutely love this this bada$$ C.F. Grow 2x 100w (200w T) Cree CXB3590 COB. The dimmer makes all the difference. I want to add one to the single so I can kick it up or down to fit my needs. It's a waste holding a top bin 100w Cree CXB3590 to 67w.

I tried like 30 times to upload a pic and forum won't let me. Either way, they're perking up and I'll get a pic up as soon as I can.

justiceman

justiceman

They look to be doing just fine to me:cool: It's easier to give them too much light than not enough when they are just seedlings. If you see a massive stem stretch then you know there is not enough light. If they are staying short like yours are you know it's all good. I'd just keep it exactly where it is for a while. I know it's hard to not want to make them grow faster but seedlings are slow. Pushing the them to the point of wilt is not as forgiving as letting them stretch a little bit while there root systems are still getting established.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus, just an FYI...

Your dislike for Traizicide got under my skin and was gnawing at my subconscious thoughts, lol. I didn't go through with the second application because it was bugging me so much. I closely moniter my girls progress and should be just on the safe side by harvest. Saw no more mite sign so more applications of any pesticides are not necessary at this time. I've upped the nitrogen to run the cycle out a little longer and will do several Sledgehammer assisted soil flushes to run it out of the soil more quickly. You see, I listen. Was just stuck between a rock and hard place with those pesky broad mites. Nuke Em only from here to harvest.

Even though I found no proof to support your claims, your passion on the subject swayed me. Thank you.
Wow bravo man.!!!!! I can help you along on next seasons run to dial you in on companion plantings and also a list of some great beneficials, nematodes and predators that will keep you garden almost, again I say almost worry free. :D I commend you on biting the bullet and coming over to the chemical free side. :D You rock man!!!!! I was worried that I may have come on to strong and turned your mind off to any help on a better way. I see now that wasn't the case. Peace and much love brother!!!!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wow bravo man.!!!!! I can help you along on next seasons run to dial you in on companion plantings and also a list of some great beneficials, nematodes and predators that will keep you garden almost, again I say almost worry free. :D I commend you on biting the bullet and coming over to the chemical free side. :D You rock man!!!!! I was worried that I may have come on to strong and turned your mind off to any help on a better way. I see now that wasn't the case. Peace and much love brother!!!!

I try to stay mostly natural already. Didn't have time or money to order biological and the Feds confiscated all the super effective ones from the local hydro stores. Been looking into bacterial strains and actively aerated compost tea. If I have enough cash next month I'll put an AACT brew kit together and/or buy some premade at a local landscape supply that Jorge Cervantes recommended.

Top Bottom