Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wishbone

Wishbone

Walmart carries the half gals if there is one around.

Oh, no, it ain't nothin around here. We talked about my flowers.

The local Kmart is actually setting up a "Growers Supply" section. There are palettes in the middle of the isles loaded with bins and displays with exam gloves and alcohol. Last year the canning supply expanded out of the cooking isle into the main isle. There were stacks and stacks of Mason jars everywhere. They even had sets of Fiskars trimming shears on display in several locations.

Medical growing has been legal here for 22yrs and it's been 100% legal under state law for almost 2yrs. My community has been growing for generations. It's my understanding that we produce and export more weed than Humboldt County.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 10/25/18

20181025 164503
20181025 164953 001
20181025 164616

20181025 155713
20181025 155440
20181025 155956
20181025 160139
20181025 160602

Farmer P

Farmer P

Yeah, adding rice sounds like it would work or silica gel packs. I think I remember reading something about keeping it cool but above 40F, can't remember for sure. My issue is trying to get the nanners to maturity while keeping them from pollinating near by flowers. If I only had one type of pollen I'd just let it blow willy-Billy but I have two types of pollen that I want applied to 4 specific zones so I know what the seeds will be from those locations. I'll be hand brushing the pollen onto specific flower sets.

The preadjusting of NPK while considering the differing needs of each strains seems nearly impossible to me. I don't know that I'll ever be able to be anything more than reactionary with adjustments. I've noticed that each strains needs will even change with temperature shifts. They only way I see preemptive NPK adjustments being possible is within a controlled environment. But if anyone can pull it off it's probably you.

I'd say you're gonna have to point the fans in such a way as to just barely move the air for co2 exchange. I think it will work ok. As for the NPK thing I'm just scratching the surface now I think since you bring up the many variables, but I'll be starting out more generally at first. So far I've mostly kinda just stuck with one feed all the way through flower with the pk spike around week 5 but I'd like to get a little more experience playing around with different combos. Hope I don't blow it lol. Sometimes you gotta break something to learn how to fix it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'd say you're gonna have to point the fans in such a way as to just barely move the air for co2 exchange. I think it will work ok. As for the NPK thing I'm just scratching the surface now I think since you bring up the many variables, but I'll be starting out more generally at first. So far I've mostly kinda just stuck with one feed all the way through flower with the pk spike around week 5 but I'd like to get a little more experience playing around with different combos. Hope I don't blow it lol. Sometimes you gotta break something to learn how to fix it.

Ran across these nutes when I was trying to figure out what to use on my first grow last year. Supposedly it's for people like you who are experts and just need to dial it in a little tighter. What you're saying reminded me about them.
61nrgTMMKaL AC SL1500

61E5rTLHz7L AC SL1500

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm going to use 2 litre bottles with the bottoms cut off as a collar around the pollen flowers then cover the open end with cheese cloth or some other fine mesh. Might already have something that'll do it depending on how many microns the pollen particles are.

I found this pic in a study of pollen dispersion done on industrial hemp plants in Canada...
20181026 064627
Source...
20181026 064531

My review (to comply with copyright law). An interesting read for anyone looking to propagate cannabis and is concerned with minimum safe distance of receptive females from a pollen source. This paper is straightforward and just the facts.

I might cut up a thin t-shirt to cover the opening. Light will still penetrate it and should be fine enough. Maybe I'll just order 15ų screens. Still thinkin on it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I come out the wally mart here in town at 6am with 4 or five 20 pound bags of ice...i get looks. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from? It's ok if you don't want/can't answer. Most of my early years pot was illegal here. We never imagined it would be completely legal one day and thought the petitions and protests were an ineffective and idiotic waste of time. Happy to have been proven wrong but I would rather it have continued as medical only. Full legalization ruined the market for boutique growers and the new laws blocked our ability to legally sell our products to dispensaries and delivery services (plus a 15% tax was added). Legalisation opened the way for big corporations and large out of state growers to monopolise and rape the Cali market. I still donate within a closed co-op market to undercut those pricks and continue to provide affordable high quality product for medical users who can't afford these new bullsh*t taxes. No other prescription medication is taxed so WTF?

Madmax

Madmax

Will you be able to use that pollen bag again junk.im tempted to do this around 6 weeks at end of outdoor grow if the plants grow well .it would b interesting 2nd time around if the traits have been changed or plant aclimatised to our climate here..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Will you be able to use that pollen bag again junk.im tempted to do this around 6 weeks at end of outdoor grow if the plants grow well .it would b interesting 2nd time around if the traits have been changed or plant aclimatised to our climate here..

I think a single use is preferable. At least wash and bleach between uses. Not just to sterilise any pollen but to avoid contamination by mold/microbes.

Madmax

Madmax

Good thinking..you have everything thought out..how much was that colodial silver..you use all of it..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Last edited:
stiffneck

stiffneck

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from? It's ok if you don't want/can't answer. Most of my early years pot was illegal here. We never imagined it would be completely legal one day and thought the petitions and protests were an ineffective and idiotic waste of time. Happy to have been proven wrong but I would rather it have continued as medical only. Full legalization ruined the market for boutique growers and the new laws blocked our ability to legally sell our products to dispensaries and delivery services (plus a 15% tax was added). Legalisation opened the way for big corporations and large out of state growers to monopolise and rape the Cali market. I still donate within a closed co-op market to undercut those pricks and continue to provide affordable high quality product for medical users who can't afford these new bullsh*t taxes. No other prescription medication is taxed so WTF?

Down here San Diego way.... been mediCal since 96? too I think. Got my rec in 2004 when I had neck and back fusion...

I went into a dispensary yesterday in my town that has a GRAND opening today. Have not been in one for years....

Want to know the price for a Oz of flowers and a gram of ice water hash?

$540 for that top tier flower

$80 gram of water hash.

Yup...legalization has priced those medications right out of the hands that need them. Fucking shortsighted and foolish if your asking me.

I donate any medication I have left over to my family and friends. :)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Down here San Diego way.... been mediCal since 96? too I think. Got my rec in 2004 when I had neck and back fusion...

I went into a dispensary yesterday in my town that has a GRAND opening today. Have not been in one for years....

Want to know the price for a Oz of flowers and a gram of ice water hash?

$540 for that top tier flower

$80 gram of water hash.

Yup...legalization has priced those medications right out of the hands that need them. Fucking shortsighted and foolish if your asking me.

I donate any medication I have left over to my family and friends. :)

Pwaaahahaha! When I saw that you were still growing I thought you were in another country.

I'm in NorCal, prices are quite a bit cheaper up here, so close to the source. $300 for a zip of top tier at a dispensary. My fire goes for $100oz, and I'm doing well with that. Can pick up a lb of good bud up here for $400-$800 during harvest season.

I give away weed all over the place. At bus stops, people in cars next to me at the grocery store, at the laudromat, in front of the pizza shop, etc... I always carry at least a QP with me wherever I go. Best advertising to build up a small co-op.

I give my cousin half my grow, partly because I use his garden, but mostly because he has stage4 cancer and I want to help out.

We people from Cali are very generous with our weed. Arent we?

stiffneck

stiffneck

Hahaha. Thats funny man. Must be cut from the same cloth. Im the same...just giving the shit away. Strangers, homeless, I use hash for tips when we go out to eat..

Went out tuna fishing and gave the crew a couple oz's and some cookies. Its fucking fun being the jonny appleseed of weed give away.

Shit

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hahaha. Thats funny man. Must be cut from the same cloth. Im the same...just giving the shit away. Strangers, homeless, I use hash for tips when we go out to eat..

Went out tuna fishing and gave the crew a couple oz's and some cookies. Its fucking fun being the jonny appleseed of weed give away.

Shit

Yup. I give away a lot to homeless people. Been there, done that, know how it feels. That's probably why we're so generous. Being in pain all the time breeds empathy.

Most of my co-op people have some sort of disability. I trade so cheap because the dispensaries are a ripp off and the people who need it most can't afford buying from them on a regular basis. All I want is my growing costs covered, food in the fridge, upgrading my growing equipment, maintenence and repair of my vehicles, and some cash for a few nice things. I'm not greedy but a fixed income is near impossible to live on in this state.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sorry about your cousin dude. Hope cannabis provides him some relief. Lost my own mom and recently my mother in law to cancer.

Dude is the toughest SOB I've ever known. Has had stage4 for over 5yrs and refuses to die. It's bad now, though. There are no more treatments to be done. His nine lives are used up and I'm in regular prayer for him.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Yup. I give away a lot to homeless people. Been there, done that, know how it feels. That's probably why we're so generous. Being in pain all the time breeds empathy.

Most of my co-op people have some sort of disability. I trade so cheap because the dispensaries are a ripp off and the people who need it most can't afford buying from them on a regular basis. All I want is my growing costs covered, food in the fridge, upgrading my growing equipment, maintenence and repair of my vehicles, and some cash for a few nice things. I'm not greedy but a fixed income is near impossible to live on in this state.

I am no stranger to pain. Chronic constant pain changes how you think. Been living in a fixed income since 2004. Fuck man being able to cover grow costs would be nice! Whats the law say you can do? As far as distribution to other medical people? Can you just sell enough to cover costs? No permit or license?

Top Bottom