Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Banana Ice Cream #5 in natural light. I uploaded this pic taken with my a5000 to test allowable pixel range and to see if a different editing technique will give me sharper pics after the uploader is done with them.
DSC00653cropped

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/4/19 #2

It's been a while since I took some pics for art and fun. So if you're new to my grow thread and have only seen my generally "fixed angles" for the sake documenting the grow, welcome to the photography I'm passionate about...
DSC00590cropped
DSC00593cropped
DSC00596cropped
DSC00597cropped
DSC00599cropped
DSC00600cropped
DSC00602cropped
DSC00603cropped
DSC00607cropped
DSC00609cropped
DSC00611cropped
DSC00612cropped
DSC00613cropped
DSC00614cropped
DSC00617cropped
DSC00624cropped
DSC00625cropped
DSC00628cropped
DSC00630cropped
DSC00631cropped

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/4/19 #3

I wish the uploader would allow over 5000 pixel pics. It's really screwing with the perspective of my shots having to crop them (There are visually pleasing patterns in the background and I lose a lot of that when I have to trim the edges. I can't compensate for the crop without losing a lot of crisp clear detail from close-ups)...
DSC00632cropped
DSC00633cropped
DSC00634cropped
DSC00635cropped
DSC00638cropped
DSC00641cropped
DSC00642cropped
DSC00644cropped
DSC00645cropped
DSC00646cropped
DSC00648cropped
DSC00649cropped
DSC00651cropped
DSC00653cropped
DSC00654cropped

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

lookin fire over there bro....nice work ~

Thank you.

Was just looking at DoobieDuck's pics and it got me fired up about buying a macro lens for my Sony. My shopping list before we get too far into spring is...

1) Added solar panels and batteries enough to handle grow lights & fans.

2) The rest of Primordial Solutions 32oz nutes to complete the regimen for my big outdoor girls (Very Exciting!!!)

3)Macro lens for the Sony a5000.

Sheesh, if I didn't grow weed I'd have money...

...oh, wait. Then I would spend all my money on weed and always be running out (like I used to, all the time). Bob Marley and Snoop combined couldn't smoked all the weed I got before I harvest again. Pwaaaahahahaha!

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

Thank you.

Was just looking at DoobieDuck's pics and it got me fired up about buying a macro lens for my Sony. My shopping list before we get too far into spring is...

1) Added solar panels and batteries enough to handle grow lights & fans.

2) The rest of Primordial Solutions 32oz nutes to complete the regimen for my big outdoor girls (Very Exciting!!!)

3)Macro lens for the Sony a5000.

Sheesh, if I didn't grow weed I'd have money...

...oh, wait. Then I would spend all my money on weed and always be running out (like I used to, all the time). Bob Marley and Snoop combined couldn't smoked all the weed I got before I harvest again. Pwaaaahahahaha!

Hello, just checking in. I haven’t been on here much at all this year.
I had a good year, nothing to do a grow log on. Lazy year, I’m getting old and like you, not afraid I’m gonna run out. I had a shed built, just finishing insulating and interior walls.
Got a dehumiddy, a cheap power wet trimmer and a bowl type hand crank spinner for dry.
Next year should be fun.
Dude, you gotta win the most improved grow and grower from last year. Major congratulations on a beautiful garden.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hello, just checking in. I haven’t been on here much at all this year.
I had a good year, nothing to do a grow log on. Lazy year, I’m getting old and like you, not afraid I’m gonna run out. I had a shed built, just finishing insulating and interior walls.
Got a dehumiddy, a cheap power wet trimmer and a bowl type hand crank spinner for dry.
Next year should be fun.
Dude, you gotta win the most improved grow and grower from last year. Major congratulations on a beautiful garden.

Thanks brother, hahaha. I gotta give my girls the credit. They're tough a$$ plants. It's good to see you active on here again.

That bowl trimmer should also be able to work on wet trim if you got one with a serrated extra blade.

Would love to see you grow again. I think I'm nearing your harvest percentages but I've yet to pack a plant as densely as you. I am switching over to Primordial Solutions products this year and I'm very excited about it. I think this is the year I catch up to you.

I can't take all the credit though. I've had soooo much help from my fellow growers on here. It's still hard to believe that two years ago I literally knew nothing about weed and now I'm helping others with pest/nutrient problems and harvest/trim/storage procedures. This place is like weed college, haha.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/6/19

Chocolate Nepal (pollinated by BIC#4 herm)
20190106 162926

Banana Ice Cream #4 (self pollinated on a few branches)
20190106 162908

Banana Ice Cream #5 (self pollinated on a few flowers)
20190106 162914

Too cold yesterday to open the tent for pics. This storm was pretty bad, 30-50mph+ gusts. That may not seem like much to y'all East of the Rockies but I live in the mountains and 50mph+ gusts turn into 75mph+ gusts channeling through our canyons and narrow valleys. The wind also blasts from every direction, at different angles, even straight down. Haven't been able to get a good enough cell signal to do an upload till just now. There were a few gusts that almost ripped my awning off and threatened to take the 4x2 tent off my deck.

Crazy sh*t.

Last edited:
Phylex

Phylex

Grow Log 1/6/19

View attachment 850341 View attachment 850345 View attachment 850340

Too cold yesterday to open the tent for pics. This storm was pretty bad, 30-50mph+ gusts. That may not seem like much to y'all East of the Rockies but I live in the mountains and 50mph+ gusts turn into 75mph+ gusts channeling through our canyons and narrow valleys. The wind also blasts from every direction, at different angles, even straight down. Haven't been able to get a good enough cell signal to do an upload till just now. There were a few gusts that almost ripped my awning off and threatened to take the 4x2 tent off my deck.

Crazy sh*t.
Glad to hear the wind didn't send your tent into the next county. The wind and rain has been intense the last few days. My tent is sheltered from the winds, but the rains raised my RH to almost 70%.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Those buds are looking filthy Junk.i cant get over the colors of the leaves.

You starting to get all your goodies for this years grow..

Cheers Max

It's killin me man. I'd be harvesting BIC#4 right now if it were solid sensi. I'm just trying to keep em alive long enough for a good seed haul. The purple/red is beatiful and perfect for sensi, but not helping with the beans.

Not exactly sure how to slow it down. No nutes when I watered last time. Thinking if I backed off the K a little they might hold their green longer. I'd give them a nitrogen boost but I'm afraid it would kill em. I'll continue with nutes next watering since a little nitrogen is better than none. I'm wondering if Hi-Brix would help or harm. It would be great microbe food but it could bump em over a 7pH. Don't think I can risk it.

Not used to pollinated plants and how quickly they die. Have to trust they know what they're doing and not panic.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Glad to hear the wind didn't send your tent into the next county. The wind and rain has been intense the last few days. My tent is sheltered from the winds, but the rains raised my RH to almost 70%.

I don't think it'll hurt em. My tent girls hit 80%-90% sometimes and I just vent em. The outdoor garden goes through long periods of high humiduty in the fall with no negative effects. Unless you're having PM or bud rot problems you're probably ok. Mine actually seem to respond well to infrequent humidity jumps.

Happy your tent is okay as well. Normally my tent is very protected, tucked way back under the awning, but that wind was insane.

Phylex

Phylex

I don't think it'll hurt em. My tent girls hit 80%-90% sometimes and I just vent em. The outdoor garden goes through long periods of high humiduty in the fall with no negative effects. Unless you're having PM or bud rot problems you're probably ok. Mine actually seem to respond well to infrequent humidity jumps.

Happy your tent is okay as well. Normally my tent is very protected, tucked way back under the awning, but that wind was insane.
The wind was insane. I saw quite a few large branches and trees downed. I looked up SeaGreen and bought the sample pack. I look forward to trying it out. Thanks for the tip!

Madmax

Madmax

It's killin me man. I'd be harvesting BIC#4 right now if it were solid sensi. I'm just trying to keep em alive long enough for a good seed haul. The purple/red is beatiful and perfect for sensi, but not helping with the beans.

Not exactly sure how to slow it down. No nutes when I watered last time. Thinking if I backed off the K a little they might hold their green longer. I'd give them a nitrogen boost but I'm afraid it would kill em. I'll continue with nutes next watering since a little nitrogen is better than none. I'm wondering if Hi-Brix would help or harm. It would be great microbe food but it could bump em over a 7pH. Don't think I can risk it.

Not used to pollinated plants and how quickly they die. Have to trust they know what they're doing and not panic.
I dunno what that hi-brix is being in another country...we have wheat bix though haha..
Id keep the nutes going right through.normally seed takes about 6 week.thats with an indica plant.you pull one out of its sack to have a look .you can tell when they are ready you will see them in there pods opened up showing the nice brown color of seed.this plant hermied on me and have heaps of seed lol.was good smoke but only bag seed..plant beside it had nanners on also.so im unsure if they crossed pollenated ea other..
20190108 213630

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I dunno what that hi-brix is being in another country...we have wheat bix though haha..
Id keep the nutes going right through.normally seed takes about 6 week.thats with an indica plant.you pull one out of its sack to have a look .you can tell when they are ready you will see them in there pods opened up showing the nice brown color of seed

Hi-Brix molasses is what I was talking about. I usually feed the soil with it when growing sensi.

Thanks for the tip on seeds. I think I can identify where a few are on BIC#4 but the Chocolate Nepal are dense little pineapples. Hard to tell with them. The CN was a kush in the previous gen so it'll probably be ready soon. The cold weather makes it somewhat unpredictable. Don't know how much time it's going to add.

Have you had any seed plants turn purple before? Was reading somewhere else that causes the growth rate to slow.

BIC#4 & CN I'll let grow till they die if needed. BIC#5 I'll harvest when the buds are ready.

Madmax

Madmax

Most likely the coldness when temp get right down plants will go dormant.if there is 10 deg celcius between night and day towards the end of harvest ive noticed stem and buds go purple..sometimes it is genetic.in your case id say its def the coldness which can make leaves go purple and reddish..it must b freezing where you are buddy..

Madmax

Madmax

Was just reading this bud...for plants to change color blue ,puple etc..they need to contain a high concentration of Anthocyanins..

The genetics of your plant and enviroment are the two main factors that influence whether
the cannabis plant turns blue purple or not....come to think one of mine is turning blue lol and have purple stripes appearing on stems..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Most likely the coldness when temp get right down plants will go dormant.if there is 10 deg celcius between night and day towards the end of harvest ive noticed stem and buds go purple..sometimes it is genetic.in your case id say its def the coldness which can make leaves go purple and reddish..it must b freezing where you are buddy..

Outside temps have been getting as low as -3C(27F) but usually don't drop below 0C(32F). Been able to keep them mostly above 10C(50F) at night and they've been hovering a little over 18C(65F) during the day this last week with the storms. Right now I have my heater set to turn on at 15.5C(60F) and off again at 18C(65F).

Madmax

Madmax

Hmmm.this is interesting..Nutrient defiencies can cause foliage and stems to turn purplish
in color

A nitrogen or phosphorus deficiency will cause leaf stems and petioles to turn purple.
A sulfur deficiency can cause stems to have purple streaks.....well i'll b..

Latest posts

Top Bottom