Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
That's pretty creative dude. Definitely a small space solution. I don't think it's different enough from a standard pump sprayer to make it worth building if you already have one, but cool none the less.

Yeah it just makes the consistency a little better. Especially, as title suggests, if you have a shitty sprayer. :D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I’m not sure on that too. I am trying not to use any heavy pesticides. All i know is people use stage foggers and the said mix with added cannabis extract to create vapor and inhale that. In theory if it works for vaporizing cannabis maybe it can work for vaporizing neem extracts?

I don't have any idea. If glycerin lowers the vape point of cannabis oil then I guess it's possible if neem oil has the same traits. The problem I have with neem is that it's not effective on the pests I'd use a fogger for, broad & russet mites.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I don't have any idea. If glycerin lowers the vape point of cannabis oil then I guess it's possible if neem oil has the same traits. The problem I have with neem is that it's not effective on the pests I'd use a fogger for, broad & russet mites.

How about the effectiveness of pyrethrin on broad and russets? I know it dissipates quickly without killing all but at a fog consistency, if it lingers there long enough, it can be maybe. Well anyway its something to think about and try if anyone has a spare stage fogger wouldnt mind busting :D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

How about the effectiveness of pyrethrin on broad and russets? I know it dissipates quickly without killing all but at a fog consistency, if it lingers there long enough, it can be maybe. Well anyway its something to think about and try if anyone has a spare stage fogger wouldnt mind busting :D

Pyrethrin is one of the few semi-safe pesticides that works well on broad & russets. Using it in the stage fogger would be interesting but since they already have very effective pyrethrin products for thermal foggers then it makes what you're proposing just a very creative curiosity (unless efficacy is dramatically increased). I think that the pyrethrins formulated to fog also have surfactants so that needs to be considered as well.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Pyrethrin is one of the few semi-safe pesticides that works well on broad & russets. Using it in the stage fogger would be interesting but since they already have very effective pyrethrin products for thermal foggers then it makes what you're proposing just a very creative curiosity (unless efficacy is dramatically increased). I think that the pyrethrins formulated to fog also have surfactants so that needs to be considered as well.

Dude i’m a diy guy. Not gonna pay for premade :D if i have the individual elements i will go for it, everytime, and fuck up my equipment, just sometimes :D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Dude i’m a diy guy. Not gonna pay for premade :D if i have the individual elements i will go for it, everytime and fuck up my equipment, just sometimes :D

...and that's what we do. I'm too beat up anymore and don't have enough space to do much DIY. My projects are already using up too much room. Winter sucks living in s trailer unless everything is already in it's place (not the circumstance for me this season).

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
...and that's what we do. I'm too beat up anymore and don't have enough space to do much DIY. My projects are already using up too much room. Winter sucks living in s trailer unless everything is already in it's place (not the circumstance for me this season).

Bro you’re doing outdoors right? You can cover that field with chrysanthemum cinerariifoliums aka pyrethrin producing dalmatian daisies. Its an invasive cultivar and resistant to cold weather as far as i know. I think they will just repel broads or russets or any other pest you can get. No fogging or any other processing should be necessary. And they look like daisies which is cool :)
I just dropped some seeds, hoping they germinate.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Bro you’re doing outdoors right? You can cover that field with chrysanthemum cinerariifoliums aka pyrethrin producing dalmatian daisies. Its an invasive cultivar and resistant to cold weather as far as i know. I think they will just repel broads or russets or any other pest you can get. No fogging or any other processing should be necessary. And they look like daisies which is cool :)

I'm pretty sure bringing in anti pest flowers is what brought the broad mites in the first place. I guess they really like marigolds. I don't think I'm doing flowers again. What repels one pest often attracts others.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

I'm pretty sure bringing in anti pest flowers is what brought the broad mites in the first place. I guess they really like marigolds. I don't think I'm doing flowers again. What repels one pest often attracts others.

Hmm. Thats your case then. Pyrethrum daisies are much more broad spectrum tho. No pests will be attracted to it i think because its just poison to all of them tho havent tried it personally yet. This spring and summer will be the test for them in my garden. Prior summer had really bad infestation on my cucumbers. Thrips i think. This year will go in with dalmatian daisies.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'd like to try AACT next year since I'll already be running Primordial nutes.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I've read they create biological competition.

Yeah they do but i dont think they will create much competition for broads or russets. Planting lavenders may attract benefical and predatory mites for example and that will create competition for mites but microbial competition may not do it for mites. For example i was using aact when i had that thrip outbreak with my cucumbers.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah they do but i dont think they will create much competition for broads or russets. Planting lavenders may attract benefical and predatory mites for example and that will create competition for mites but microbial competition may not do it for mites. For example i was using aact when i had that thrip outbreak with my cucumbers.

Yeah, it's a shot in the dark. If I need to I'll use pyrethrin type pesticides again this year. Until I can find an organic that actually works. Nuke Em was an expensive joke.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/21/18

Will take them out today and see if any more pollen flowers have opened. They stalled for a week but I haven't checked in a few days because I was sick.
20181221 152426
20181221 152442

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/22/18

I think the pollen flowers are about done. The ones that open now die before the pollen drops. I knock em off onto a piece of foil then crush the pods and smear them on the buds.
20181222 131604
20181222 131624

Top Bottom