Just a few random questions

• Thread starter E9noxis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E9noxis

E9noxis

Is a reptile aquarium fogger a good alternative to a humidifier?

E9noxis

E9noxis

What do you put in your solo cup to grow a seedling? If I. Ant use my soil or straight coco, what am I supposed to wear to the seedling stage?

steamroller

steamroller

I don't think the reptile fogger will offer much control or volume ?
I have used both Coast of Maine and Fox Farms seed starter soil .
Neither is considered hot .

E9noxis

E9noxis

I'm sure it's a yes, but I dont know why...

Is it bad to collect the water that comes out the bottom of a pot during feeding, and use it for feeding?

Like, could I feed my outdoor plants with my indoor run off?

E9noxis

E9noxis

Are the TPS nutrients good for a soil mix, or are the geared more towards hydroponics or coco?

I am going to use Signal terpene enhancer. It says to use it for the last 3 weeks. If I plan to drought for at least the last week, then water and then dark... does that count as a last week? Would I only use it for (counting down) 3 and 2? Not for the drought week of week one.

How does bone meal affect a soil mix?
How does worm castings affect a soil mix?
What role does the coco in my soil play?

I'm really in my head this week. Getting ready for the spring and a new grow. I have a lot about to start up, so of course I'm second guessing my entire approach.

Is it OK to use living soil outside?
What is hummus?

In the garden, I built a raised bed.. I filled the bottom 2/3 roughly with a 2 part compost 1 part peat moss mix. It will be topped with hummus and manure mix. Then a herbs and spices garden soil bag mix. Sound ok?

I'm going to till compost into the garden. I have no idea how the soil is already. I raked out a lot of rocks. Here's what I got so far
20220325 185958
20220325 190007
20220327 143745

It's a hot mess right now. I know. That's where the green house goes. I'm going to install gutters on the shed for 2 reasons. Protect my area from all the runoff and I'll set up a barrel to collect rain. Thoughts?

I still have to do all the tilling and more rock removal from the greenhouse area. Then I'll put up a small fence to stop rabbits. Then I'll need a gate.

She wants veggies in the bottom section. That's all her. I'm no good with plants... 🙊

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Blue light is basically ment for autoflowers in veg mode, this is bc full spec light has red and ir in it, this can cause your autoflowers to possibly dwarf out and flower prematurely affecting yield, red light is used to flower ur plants, with a photoperiod plant you can start off with blue light if it is 2 cycle but when they gain size you will want to flip over to full spec, photoperiod and autoflowers are 2 different animals and are not grown in the same way.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Blue light is basically ment for autoflowers in veg mode, this is bc full spec light has red and ir in it, this can cause your autoflowers to possibly dwarf out and flower prematurely affecting yield, red light is used to flower ur plants, with a photoperiod plant you can start off with blue light if it is 2 cycle but when they gain size you will want to flip over to full spec, photoperiod and autoflowers are 2 different animals and are not grown in the same way.
I haven't tried an autoflower yet.
I'm going to put them into my greenhouse in a few weeks. Hoping for midsummer harvest so I can throw some photos in for a fall harvest.

My autos include:

Dee-lite
Mandarine
Devil XXL
Cream

As far as the lights go, I found blue dwarfs them in veg and red is meant for stretch in flower.

What is 2cycle?

steamroller

steamroller

As far as the lights go, I found blue dwarfs them in veg and red is meant for stretch in flower.

What is 2cycle?
Do you mean2 channel lights ?
That is where you can dim 2 different sets[ usually color ] individually and usually there power [ on/off ] .
My fish lights for my reef tank have white and blue on different channels so they can individually adjusted and placed on individual timers .

E9noxis

E9noxis

Perhaps I mean 2 channel. He had said cycle in the post I quoted. My lights don't do that. I have led bulbs. 35 gosh darn dollars each. I got reds and blues. They're said to be for aquariums but the nm of them lines up with what was said to be good for plants.

I used blue for veg and red for flower. The blue dwarved them and red showed no difference. I dont use them anymore.

Maybe I will if there is a plant I dont want getting tall

E9noxis

E9noxis

Screenshot 20220330 164125 Amazon Shopping

Is this good? Do I want this or is it for hydroponics? I won't use it in my living soil because I don't think you feed living soil, but for the pots that don't have living soil, is this a good feed?

I dont want to do just coco and perlite because I don't have the time to feed and feed. Nor do I have the setup for autofeed.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I recently purchased kelp meal and bone meal. What do I use them for?
Ammendment?
Top dress?

steamroller

steamroller

I use an LED aquarium light for starting seeds up to 2 weeks . 👍
Kelp is K [potassium ] , bone meal is phosphorus [P] ,Ca ,with small amount of N .
I use kelp late veg through flower as needed .
I don't do bone meal ,but I believe people dress or amend with it .
The ferts you asked about say amended soil on box . I am still using fox farms soil and ferts .

steamroller

steamroller

I am here for you if I think I know the answer ? 👍
I love dumb question threads honestly ! 🥴
My mind wanders off the beaten trail at times .😁

E9noxis

E9noxis

Should I top dress during flower with castings and kelp meal?

Top Bottom