Just a small time grow - many strains

• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
miko

miko

@Seamaiden may be able to help better than me with organics and plant health.but for the pm you can start thinning leaves in veg and the plants will be easier to spray and take care of,plus it will create better air flow.keeping temps and rh at steady numbers will help also.i would recommend 75f and 45 to 50%rh at all times veg and flower.crowded rooms are just breeding grounds for bugs and pm ect,so start culling weaker plants and lower your numbers in both rooms.my yields have gone up alot by lowering my plant count and giving stuff more space.plus you can keep tabs of shit better and do maintenance much easier if theres room to move lol.it looks like you might be juggling too many strains so pick a few your patients like and need and work on production with just the best stuff.i cannot for the life of me grow ak47,ran it 3 dif times from seed and clones and got pm all 3 times.some strains are just prone to it.so if you have a strain that always has it get rid of that one now.
But i think your yields will work themselves out if you can get the bugs and pm under control and space out the plants some.
Sulfer burner will handle the pm better than anything,period.but its better to use on veggers and not recommended for plants within 3 weeks of harvest imo.
So for flower you can cover the older plants before you do a burn and keep them clean.my room has a divider door in the middle so i can shuffle plants around and just treat one side.panda can be used for this also if you cant cover individual plants,make a temp wall or curtain.when i get some time I'll try to bone up on age old organics and this thread and see if i have any other suggestions for yields.gl

Yesterday I treated the plants with SM90 and things are looking much better, at least PM is down , way down.
My plan is to hit them again Friday and hopefully they will be ok.
I like your idea about reducing counts, it works into how I have been moving things towards, - my mindset is much better at toss those bitches in the trash to give others room to put on weight- and like you said.. more air flow, easier to see a problem early on.
I also have been cleaning things every day to reduce it, along with more fresh air and more fans..

Thanks for the help.

@Seamaiden - thank you too young lady. I have cut down to no - standing water. Have some dehumidifiers running to keep it at zero. Also more careful when watering.

All in all I think things are looking better.
I did notice today a TON of plants are seeded.. so yet another loss, but oh well.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey buddy I can understand not wanting to use E20. But you will need more then sm90 to get rid of that bad of an infestation.
Get that old staggs green cleaner and alternate between that and sm90. Lower HUMIDITY!!!! and also run a sulfer burner between sprays, this will prevent spreading of the spores."sulfer can counter react with some foilar sprays but I think it's safe with the two mentioned but I will have to double check.
Best way to attack a pest is from as many angles as possible. Also look up actinovate for prevention after you get the spores killed.
Best way to deal with pests are not to get any in the 1st place. How tight is your surrounding hygiene and your grow room protocol? Do you let others that have gardens frequent yours,? Do you let any pets in. Think about where your fresh air is coming from, is it filtered? Do you have an outside garden you work in and then visit your groom, the list goes on and on. I would take @GrowGod 's advice and get your humidity lower as well as putting together a IPM for your groom. Remember what Grandma always said " an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, or did she say Bud??? LOL

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Best way to deal with pests are not to get any in the 1st place. How tight is your surrounding hygiene and your grow room protocol? Do you let others that have gardens frequent yours,? Do you let any pets in. Think about where your fresh air is coming from, is it filtered? Do you have an outside garden you work in and then visit your groom, the list goes on and on. I would take @GrowGod 's advice and get your humidity lower as well as putting together a IPM for your groom. Remember what Grandma always said " an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, or did she say Bud??? LOL
Yes she did! IPM is the key! Maybe to late for plants in bloom but the more you do now the more it sill count for the next ones.

miko

miko

IPM? Isolation Prevention Mocha?

miko

miko

SM 90 treatments and more airflow seems to be killing off the PM. Thank God.

miko

miko

So when I transplant Rooted Clones, many times they wilt pretty bad and I lose some.
How do you guys / gals keep them humid after transplanting?
@Seamaiden @GrowGod @sixstring
Thx!
Miko~

DismalDude

DismalDude

My grow is micro compared to what you have going on miko but I'll never go back to rapid rooters a dome with a heating pad ever again since using an aerocloner.My success rate has been 100% with no need to clip leaves or dome.My dome kit just sits collecting dust now and from root to transplant is flawless.
I get these roots in 7 to 10 days.
IMG 20151027 142712754

miko

miko

My grow is micro compared to what you have going on miko but I'll never go back to rapid rooters a dome with a heating pad ever again since using an aerocloner.My success rate has been 100% with no need to clip leaves or dome.My dome kit just sits collecting dust now and from root to transplant is flawless.
View attachment 545718
I bought and tried and threw away 2 of these areocloners. Thought I had everything right and struggled so much. Went back to domes and success was immediate. Wont go away from domes again.. :)

miko

miko

View attachment 545718
But badass roots. :)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I bought and tried and threw away 2 of these areocloners. Thought I had everything right and struggled so much. Went back to domes and success was immediate. Wont go away from domes again.. :)
Same, domes and rockwool here no heat pad. It's like clock work, by day 5 dome is off and roots start popping.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
So when I transplant Rooted Clones, many times they wilt pretty bad and I lose some.
How do you guys / gals keep them humid after transplanting?
@Seamaiden @GrowGod @sixstring
Thx!
Miko~
No need too. Healthy clones from healthy moms will never wilt. My dome is off by day five but I shoot for day 3.
so are you saying you keep the dome on right before transplant?? Or are you saying you pot up a clone, water it and it wilts or dies?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
See no wilt not even on the ones that have not rooted yet.
Another thing is if you pot them up and water log them even a super health white rooted clone can be killed. Start by watering the wool before potting up,then it's best to mix your medium with the nutrient solution to the desired wetness, then pot clones into the wet medium and don't water till they are drying out on top and even then don't water log them.

miko

miko

See no wilt not even on the ones that have not rooted yet.
Another thing is if you pot them up and water log them even a super health white rooted clone can be killed. Start by watering the wool before potting up,then it's best to mix your medium with the nutrient solution to the desired wetness, then pot clones into the wet medium and don't water till they are drying out on top and even then don't water log them.
View attachment 545730 View attachment 545731

I usually put them in the cubes in the dome, then once I see roots I pull them individually out and transplant into dixie cups...So I don't have a full tray ready to pull the dome, so its maybe not quite as easy for me to pull off the dome at a specific day... Its almost perpetual cloning... :)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
My dome is off well before any root has come out. When I take the dome off the roots pop as the rockwool slowly dries. With the dome on they have no reason to root. Take that dome off and they will root much faster

miko

miko

My dome is off well before any root has come out. When I take the dome off the roots pop as the rockwool slowly dries. With the dome on they have no reason to root. Take that dome off and they will root much faster
So 3 days from cutting them you pull off the dome? Then you mist them or just water the tray?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
So 3 days from cutting them you pull off the dome? Then you mist them or just water the tray?
No no no this is where experience comes into play. Let me right up a play by play for you to avoid confusion. I'll try to get back to you by tomorrow

Top Bottom