Just a small time grow - many strains

• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I like this idea and it is exactly where my head is been. Most all Veg plants are in 4 gallon pots and before just 1 gallon pots.
My grow buddy thinks 4 gallon is fine into flower and wont need to move up to 10 or whatever, so I am going to try some runs with 8-12 plants per light in flower and get some much bigger plants.... less counts like you say and more yeild per.
I run 9 per light in 3 gallon bags not althe way full a soil. I water more often but run m a lil bigger

miko

miko

I run 9 per light in 3 gallon bags not althe way full a soil. I water more often but run m a lil bigger
Shoot me your grow link if you have one posted??
So 3 -5 gallon is about right for bigger plants then.. no need for 10 gallon pots I bet at this stage unless trying to pull 1 LB a plant..?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
So 3 -5 gallon is about right for bigger plants then.. no need for 10 gallon pots I bet at this stage unless trying to pull 1 LB a plant..?
you can pull cuties all day off 5s if you vegg out to the rite size..if you wana go big pots check out sixstings thread. he grows monsters, just long veg to get m tree like

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I will tag you in it man..at the start the plants are all from seed in 5g bags

miko

miko

Anyone have an idea of how often to change the 1000W HPS ?

I bought the expensive Hortilux or something like that. They were $50 each I think..
I have them on the shelf, but haven't yet replaced them. The current ones are 8-12 months along roughly.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I bought the expensive Hortilux or something like that. They were $50 each I think..
I have them on the shelf, but haven't yet replaced them. The current ones are 8-12 months along roughly.

They say hortis last 1 run longer. And to change every 3 full runs... Not sure about perpetual. @SpitXFire would be a good person to ask about that. Smart dude. Seen him posting about bulbs earlier.

Btw subbed for the show, rad setup. Glad your not trimmin the palm trees anymore : )

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

3 grows is about right a year max if your to broke to replace. Few months ago I was running bulbs 3 plus years old and tgey were putting off all heat and no lumens lol
Plants still got big but after we're not as golden as they are now.

miko

miko

They say hortis last 1 run longer. And to change every 3 full runs... Not sure about perpetual. @SpitXFire would be a good person to ask about that. Smart dude. Seen him posting about bulbs earlier.

Btw subbed for the show, rad setup. Glad your not trimmin the palm trees anymore : )
man, I think all I do is trim.. waayne told me before that trimming always ends up the bottle neck.. boy was he correct. :)

I just decided to change bulbs every 6 months instead of trying to stretch the dollar. $600 a year aint too bad on bulbs.

miko

miko

3 grows is about right a year max if your to broke to replace. Few months ago I was running bulbs 3 plus years old and tgey were putting off all heat and no lumens lol
Plants still got big but after we're not as golden as they are now.
well, I am striving for BIGGER, not just big, but maybe BIGGEST. lol.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Your log is inspiring Miko. Fantastic work. I hope to be on a scale similar to this soon.

miko

miko

Anyone have suggestions on how to get clones to root and take off better? Mine always seem a bit sluggish in their veg life after rooted and transplanted...

Top Bottom