Just a small time grow - many strains

• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

It's been said already by Waayne, but you went way overboard on pruning. Everyone has different methods and I think different plants need to be pruned at different times. As a rule I usually leave everything until around 2 weeks and like waayne I leave all the fans on and just get rid of the bud sites that will not get enough light, and sucker branches. Eventually the lower fan leaves will start to die and at that point it's important to pluck them. I usually go in once a week and get rid of any questionable fans. Other than that it looks like you are rocking it. I dig the setup. Sometimes growing trees annoys me and I play around with the idea of going back to horizontal lighting.

miko

miko

@CelticEBE thank you. Next round way more leaves will stay! They actually still look like they are doing great but won't over prune moving forward.
I imagine yeild will suffer this time...

Dunge

Dunge

I'm betting that the over enthusiastic pruning will not necessarily reduce yield, it will just take longer to veg because the plants need to re-build photosynthetic tissue.
I hate to see light hitting the floor below my plants.
In review, I believe you didn't prune too much, you pruned too early.

miko

miko

Day 11:

Well had to chop 20 Males out of the table, but I think the extra space will be appreciated in a few weeks.

They have grown over a foot already since flip. Had to raise lights twice now! :)

Already starting light Bud on most plants.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Thank you, food for thought for next time. I will leave all fan leaves on next time on the branches I keep. I feel kind of like a dumbshit now, but live and learn, will be interested to see how they perform even with my over pruning... There are 105 / under 3, 1000W. was hoping 1- zip per... but I realize that is way reaching for the stars...
This run is still experimental, testing product, strains, equipment, temps, cloning, etc. But am still hoping a nice product will turn out as well! :)

Keep on keepin on miko,dont be discouraged or too hard on yourself,we have all been there,with each grow you will gain knowledge and confidence!

miko

miko

Found a huge fucking DUDE in the middle of all these ladies today, not sure how the hell he slipped by, but got him chopped.
Otherwise they are skying.

Asaaas

miko

miko

Day 20:

Man a perpetual grow is a lot of fucking work to keep up with, I am very behind schedule! :)
Had to transplant a bunch yesterday and started a bunch of babies the week before.

My cloning efforts are still sucking ass, and I am back to dome method and trying to get a process down that works. If anyone has a solid process and wants to share, please do! Or PM me.

Main table is looking awesome. Had to stake them up and few pictures below.
The lights are just at 6 foot height now. - had to raise them many times already.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Here's how I clone

Take your cuts, 45 degree angle, make sure everything is clean, yada yada yada

Then totally seal in a dome for 7 days. You won't have to water them and make sure there are NO air leaks. If I'm using a janky dome I tape around the outside.

After 7 days begin to take the dome off. I usually take it off for 15-20 min the first time. Then put it back on for a hr or two. Then take it off for half hr or a full hour if your clones don't wilt at all. Third time the same just leave it off for longer. Usually after the third time I can just leave the dome off and nothing wilts

Usually 80% rooted after 10 days and 100% after 12-13. This method is also very easy. Most people have to spray and water every day.

miko

miko

@mastacheeser - So that seems pretty simple. You don't water them or nada for the 7 days then just so I am sure?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Nope no watering. I totally soak the cubes and leave a Lil extra water in the bottom of the tray so 100% humidity is easy the whole 7 days.

I don't even open the dome for the first 7 days. Obviously if something happens and they dry out, then water those fools

neverbreak

neverbreak

looking good bro, nice little forest yer raisin there.

neverbreak

miko

miko

Almost walked off today and left the veg room open... Would have been bad news, as the door opens into flower room! Nothing like a room full or hermies...

Top Bottom