• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
miko

miko

2015 Enhancements;

-New 5-Ton AC
-New T5 Veg Lights
- 6 New LEC, 315 Watt , Flower Lights added.
-Went All Organic
- Moved to Larger, fewer plants.

Goals for 2016.

- Change all feed to Nector For the Gods.
- Add Dry Trimmer Machine
- Narrowing Down Strains to 2 for streamlining and improving quality and yields.
- Move to all Smart Pots in flower.

miko

miko

Nice grow man...how's your Blue Tara? I got some coming gonna pop soon...thanks..
Blue Tara is always awesome...
Just popped a new pack a while back, hoping to get an even better Pheno from it and replace the cut I have been running.
Kind of like chasing a Unicorn at this point, it probably doesn't exist.. LOL.

miko

miko

1. You gotta have healthy lush green stem's"purple stems clones are always a Nono in this house" only cut clones off healthy fast growing plants because a sick mom produces sick babies.
2. Sterilize everything! Trays inserts domes, then you can decide to do this sterile"I choose sterile for clones" or bennificial bacteria.
I start by soaking rockwool overnight ph 5.5-5.7 and 2 ml per gallon of Dutch zone making a sterile medium for the babies:)
Drain the rockwool but do not squeeze them you want that moisture.
3. Place rock wool into inserts and poke down into thrm with scissors for easier insert of the clones.
4. I use hormex root hormone because in 15 years of growing it. Works best for me. Cut clones on opposite side of node 45degree angle. Usually take about a minute in the hormex before u can see the hormex sealing off the clone. Will have a whit/pink ring around where you cut.
Then place in gently with out smashing the tender tissue.
5. Put the dome on when tray is full and have both vents closed.
6. This part can be tricky,I don't use a heat mat but my veg room is warm usually in the high 70's, too cold they take forever to root and to hot and they will moosh.
7. After 24 hours remove dome for 5-10 minutes. Put dome back on and open 1 vent.
8. Next day take dome off 10-15 minutes. Put dome back on this time keep both vents open.
9. Day three take off dome for 15+ minutes. (At this point if your confident they don't need the dome anymore then leave it off) or put dome back on both vents open and put the dome on with one edge propped up just a bit.
10. By day 5 take the dome off there is no more need for the dome. By now the stems should be swelling in the medium,and the rockwool should be drying out. So lift tray lift tray everyday and water all clones same time with a 300 ppm nute solution snd again 2 ml per gallon of Dutch master zone. Make sure your trays have holes in them so your rockwool is not sitting in the water.
11. Now you will have to water the clones every 2-3 days or else they will dry out to fast because your not using the dome anymore.
12. Ass the clones root you can pot them up the more roots the better. And I always mix my coco with mild nute solution and zone to the desired wetness so I don't have to water right after potting up. As your cups dry out the then you can water just make sure your not water logging them.
Thats all I got for now feel free to ask questions in something doesn't make sense.

Started a new tray and using your method again.

miko

miko

@GrowGod
So when you leave the tray off, how do you decide if they are ready or not/ ?
I have lost a lot of cuts before because they wilt and die when I leave them open..

///Day three take off dome for 15+ minutes. (At this point if your confident they don't need the dome anymore then leave it off) or put dome back on both vents open and put the dome on with one edge propped up just a bit.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@GrowGod
So when you leave the tray off, how do you decide if they are ready or not/ ?
I have lost a lot of cuts before because they wilt and die when I leave them open..

///Day three take off dome for 15+ minutes. (At this point if your confident they don't need the dome anymore then leave it off) or put dome back on both vents open and put the dome on with one edge propped up just a bit.
Hey Miko, I will be cutting clones in the next day or two and will add some picks so you can see exactly how I clone.
What rooting hormone do you use?
Are you taking top cuts off vegging mothers or are you using under growth as clones?
Are you sterilizing any and all cloning equipment inserts trays domes?
I cut my clones at about a 1/4 inch below the node 45degree angle starting from the opposite side of the node. Will take pics soon so you can see.
Sounds to me your clones are not sealing off below the node when you cut. If they seal properly the node with start to expand and turn white by day 3-5 depending on strain and health. Give me a few days and will post pics of the sealing off process.

miko

miko

Hey Miko, I will be cutting clones in the next day or two and will add some picks so you can see exactly how I clone.
What rooting hormone do you use?
Are you taking top cuts off vegging mothers or are you using under growth as clones?
Are you sterilizing any and all cloning equipment inserts trays domes?
I cut my clones at about a 1/4 inch below the node 45degree angle starting from the opposite side of the node. Will take pics soon so you can see.
Sounds to me your clones are not sealing off below the node when you cut. If they seal properly the node with start to expand and turn white by day 3-5 depending on strain and health. Give me a few days and will post pics of the sealing off process.

Hey Buddy,

I use powder rooting hormone and put my cuts directly into the powder.. so I think they get a nice seal going...
I think I will figure things out.. I need to take more caution when I give them air and not forget and leave them without a dome for too long.. :)

I take cuts from mothers.. or sometimes from cuts before they move to flower..

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Hey Buddy,

I use powder rooting hormone and put my cuts directly into the powder.. so I think they get a nice seal going...
I think I will figure things out.. I need to take more caution when I give them air and not forget and leave them without a dome for too long.. :)

I take cuts from mothers.. or sometimes from cuts before they move to flower..
Aww yea getcha clone on boii. Haha

Not sure why but i couldnt resist @miko

miko

miko

Some updates today.
Many plants are liking the change to Nector for the god's line. A few got pretty sickly, but I don't plan to run them anymore, so fuck it.. let them burn.!

miko

miko

Been a while since I updated this grow log.

Things are rolling right along. Fixed a light leak. Been feeding Nector Line for 6 months now, health is much improved.
Been reducing my strains and just have 3 now. Barney's LSD, Blue Tara and Forum Cut GSC.

Want to phase out LSD and Blue Tara and am searching for some new ones, just started some new BOG seeds and Purple OG.

Last, been perfecting my vape oil batches and have that pretty much nailed down.

Get get about 40 cartriges from 1/4 LB of trim, or $1000 whole sale. Not too bad for trim and a week of labor. Parts and supplies probably $100 on all of that.- for everclear and cartridges, etc...

Top Bottom