Just An Idea

• Thread starter Ar.BsG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

This is just an idea but I've ben growing various house/outdoor plants for awhile now including the wonderful canabis plant . I don't know if I'm just super stoned or what ;but theoretically in a sealed closed environment that so happen to get say fungus gnats or some other pest from say poor soil choice . Would succlents or Mexican butterwort plants help eliminate the pest ?? Once again just a stoned idea

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is just an idea but I've ben growing various house/outdoor plants for awhile now including the wonderful canabis plant . I don't know if I'm just super stoned or what ;but theoretically in a sealed closed environment that so happen to get say fungus gnats or some other pest from say poor soil choice . Would succlents or Mexican butterwort plants help eliminate the pest ?? Once again just a stoned idea
I think your on the rite track, I’d also throw in some Mexican jumping beans and Venus fly trap. The Venus fly trap is known to catch fungus gnats by the dozens.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I just put a Venus fly trap in my set up just for precautionary measures . I'll show some pics at work at the moment later thinking of makeing a small ecosystem type grow room for experimentation .ill have to check out the Mexican jumping beans .

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Oh, I forgot about the Mexican jumping beans. When I was a young wee lad we had several down in the basement. Grandpa kept em by his plants. So the mildew ferry wouldn’t deposit mildew in his garden. I still don’t believe him.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Ye it was always a little inside joke amongst our grow circle lmao . But I'm going to do some research into some plants that will be beneficial in a canabis grow . Just figure it would be a fun experiment . Any ideas would be much appreciated

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I currently have 1 cali og and 2 sK#1 clones ,1 Venus fly trap,1 succulent . Indoor I have a garden outdoor . Have about 20 tomatoes , bell pep, corn , melon, jalapeños , so on ,and my harvested plant I hope to reveg outdoors .I have some cayennes I have yet to plant could throw them in there .

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Sorry about spelling errors I'm at work maybe it's a little more enjoyable to read now lol !!

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Wonder if my local garden store carries dill seems worth a try. Dill,Venus fly trap, mexacn butterwort,and a succulent should do it .

IMG 6024
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I currently have 1 cali og and 2 sK#1 clones ,1 Venus fly trap,1 succulent . Indoor I have a garden outdoor . Have about 20 tomatoes , bell pep, corn , melon, jalapeños , so on ,and my harvested plant I hope to reveg outdoors .I have some cayennes I have yet to plant could throw them in there .
Curious, have you grown Sk #1 before?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

That's awesome never seen it before I haven't ben haveing pest problems was just looking into organic pest control, was thinking it would Realy be great for a greenhouse .
I use this at the first sign of anything. If I start some in summer, I soak the soil with it so the soil and plants are taking it in immediately. Works wonderfully with no harmful effects, all organic.

https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Natural-Science-Systemic-Concentrate/dp/B00796G6MY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528425558&sr=8-2&pi=AC

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

This link explains it better.
https://sierranaturalscience.com/natural-pesticides/sns-209/

About Sk #1, I tried that strain in Denver, and was disappointed. I had been wanting to try it for years. It is now on my list to try, as I am working to get as close to Columbian Gold as I can find. The original Sk#1 from 78 was supposed to be about 50% Columbian. Do you find the buzz more Indica or sativa? Is it an intense long lasting high? What I got in Denver, I wouldn't grow.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I order my sk#1 through seedsman the plant is amazing to grow but fondly I was disappointed in the smell the smoke was good I harvest early soo head high last me good hour wich is good for me . I'll harvest some a late sk#1 this harvest and see how it is my first was more of a head high then I expected kinda had me stuck to though !!!!!!

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I had 2 phenos one real bushy and 1 with long leafs and stems the bushy one turned out to be a male so I have a sativa type pheno

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

This link explains it better.
https://sierranaturalscience.com/natural-pesticides/sns-209/

About Sk #1, I tried that strain in Denver, and was disappointed. I had been wanting to try it for years. It is now on my list to try, as I am working to get as close to Columbian Gold as I can find. The original Sk#1 from 78 was supposed to be about 50% Columbian. Do you find the buzz more Indica or sativa? Is it an intense long lasting high? What I got in Denver, I wouldn't grow.
I will probaly stop growing it after this grow looking into some Thai or Hindu have you grown any ?

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I will probaly stop growing it after this grow looking into some Thai or Hindu have you grown any ?
No, I haven't. But, I have beans for this: "Malawi x Panama", a 100% sativa which can be grown indoors. Goggle that strain, sounds awesome. Very long lasting.:cool:

Top Bottom