Just An Idea

• Thread starter Ar.BsG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gtek

This link explains it better.
https://sierranaturalscience.com/natural-pesticides/sns-209/

About Sk #1, I tried that strain in Denver, and was disappointed. I had been wanting to try it for years. It is now on my list to try, as I am working to get as close to Columbian Gold as I can find. The original Sk#1 from 78 was supposed to be about 50% Columbian. Do you find the buzz more Indica or sativa? Is it an intense long lasting high? What I got in Denver, I wouldn't grow.

I have always liked super skunk. Its a SK#1 bred with afghani super potent stuff !!!!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I have always liked super skunk. Its a SK#1 bred with afghani super potent stuff !!!!
Where is it available? I’m always looking for old school strains from when I was a young wee lad. I’ve found 2 so far pine tar kush and purple kush. I’m still looking for that skunky sweet creeper that was the bomb in the 80s

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Quite a few people are fond of purple kush :)
I am not sure if this is against the forum rules but sensi seeds still sell super skunk i am not sure how the genetics are at this point.

Another strain that i fondly remember was chronic. Its a powerhouse.... i grew it maybe 12 years ago under a shitty setup 400W HPS 2 plants in one pot.. ok it was a wide 25 gallon... used super soil with additional compost. From clones transplanted both into the big pot tied them down after a week vegged for another 4 flipped, only had a little fan for air circulations temp and humidity were far from optimal.... never fed them. Yield was a bit over 7 oz, which could have been much better...

One more strain i remember at this point was ice.... had it long time ago as well... invited a buddy over and after a huge blunt he threw up. That was a rare occasion he just couldnt take it... sure made my spirit leave my body... strong stuff...
Delete that post and pm me

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Yes, I have grown it before, but its been 9 or 10 years. Seems like they got pretty tall on me indoors but good yields. The seedbank I usually order from always sends free beans. I currently have 10 free Super Skunk seeds, regular. I plan on breeding the best phenos to make me a big supply of SS seeds. I've never seen the strain available in feminized form. All my beans come from Europe. Always have, and never been disappointed. If I remember right, that super skunk I grew really smelled strongly of a skunk!:cool:

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

No, I haven't. But, I have beans for this: "Malawi x Panama", a 100% sativa which can be grown indoors. Goggle that strain, sounds awesome. Very long lasting.:cool:
Recently saw some beans of them and Acapulco gold but was on the high side of my budget $$

G

Gtek

i remember acapulco gold quite the classic. SS is indeed very stinky and it never disappointed me.
Its funny that many very good strains that have been developed go back to SK#1

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

i remember acapulco gold quite the classic. SS is indeed very stinky and it never disappointed me.
Its funny that many very good strains that have been developed go back to SK#1
Yes, most all modern strains, if you go back far enough, have Sk #1 genes. Sk #1 Is made up, originally, of 50% Columbian Gold, 25% Acapulco Gold, and 25% Afghani and stabilized. Then backcrossed with another pure Afghani, the way I understand it. And stabilized again.

When I first started getting high, about 75, what was available was commercial Mexican, 15 bucks a bag.... big 5 finger bags stuffed full. Then came high grade Mexican, and by 77, you could get Jamaican, Columbian Gold, Red Bud Columbian, it was all Sativa's. That Columbian Gold was the sweetest and strongest weed I've ever had, before or since. :cool:

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

:cool:
Recently saw some beans of them and Acapulco gold but was on the high side of my budget $$
I got them from Oaseeds I think it's called, I'll check and make sure that's how you spell it. I only got 3. That bank sells in quantities of like 3, 5, 7. Which I don't like. The bank I get 90% of my stuff from, it's a bit more but it's 10 seeds, plus freebies. Depending on how much you spend determines which and how many freebies you get. Some frees are feminized. But, they have specials all the time. 1 recently got 20 feminized OG Kush for 77 bucks, and 5 free regular and 3 free feminized came with them. Stealth shipping and I think the total was about 84 bucks. For me, that's a good deal. That's 23 plants I know will be ladies, and it's rare that I have one that don't germinate. https://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/ check this bank, it's never failed me since 05. It started in 99 in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

:cool:
I got them from Oaseeds I think it's called, I'll check and make sure that's how you spell it. I only got 3. That bank sells in quantities of like 3, 5, 7. Which I don't like. The bank I get 90% of my stuff from, it's a bit more but it's 10 seeds, plus freebies. Depending on how much you spend determines which and how many freebies you get. Some frees are feminized. But, they have specials all the time. 1 recently got 20 feminized OG Kush for 77 bucks, and 5 free regular and 3 free feminized came with them. Stealth shipping and I think the total was about 84 bucks. For me, that's a good deal. That's 23 plants I know will be ladies, and it's rare that I have one that don't germinate. https://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/ check this bank, it's never failed me since 05. It started in 99 in Amsterdam.
I'm like omg the site kinda interested in lemon skunk

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Gotta ?. My peppers flower strong, flower drops like it should, and then the itty bitty fruit and stem fall off after turning yellow.

Is it to much N?

This is just an idea but I've ben growing various house/outdoor plants for awhile now including the wonderful canabis plant . I don't know if I'm just super stoned or what ;but theoretically in a sealed closed environment that so happen to get say fungus gnats or some other pest from say poor soil choice . Would succlents or Mexican butterwort plants help eliminate the pest ?? Once again just a stoned idea

I think your on the rite track, I’d also throw in some Mexican jumping beans and Venus fly trap. The Venus fly trap is known to catch fungus gnats by the dozens.

Curious, have you grown Sk #1 before?

Top Bottom