Just another MPB 1st timer

• Thread starter Gray Beard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Brand new room (10lx12wx10h) and a much lighter wallet! The strain is Mental Floss. The big girls got 45 days of veg because I couldn't get the room complete on their schedule. I wasn't expecting the growth rate to be so rapid, they got ahead of me and I just couldn't catch up. Hope they don't out-grow the room! The black felt is no longer covering the tubs (27 gal), have white plastic now. 4 tub 5 light setup. This run is with 1 - 1000 center and 600's around the outside. 12 inch vent fan. 100 gal res., 1/4 hp chiller @ 65 degrees, RO water, 10 inch net pots w/hydroton and General Hyro nutes (flora series). I chose GH because my homie at the hydro shop swears by them and he is my only life line besides all you folks here. I will get creative after I have a couple successful runs. Great White and Nitrozyme(foliar) are the only supplements so far. This is not only my first MPB run but my first hydro run. Wish me luck, I am 1 week into 12/12.

Any advise and or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Lost for answering a couple PM questions and special thanks to DD's for the innovation and the hard work!

Just another mpb 1st timer
Just another mpb 1st timer 2
X

Xceptional

wow congrats! how much coin to you have into your setup if you dont mind me asking? i really want to put one together i just cant do it for a few more months.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

The cost to this point is around 12k. I still need 4 more 1000's to replace the 600's. The 600's will stay just get moved if I can cool the room this summer. I will probably need another (larger) chiller. I am just beginning to think about the clone and veg setup.

E

easypleasie

Great start! I'm a hydro rookie myself :) I was in the same position as you with not getting the flower room done in time. lol At least you get to flower yours out. I'm stoked you're growing the mental floss! I have a couple phenos in veg right now that I might throw in the mpbs at some point. How's she smoke? How has she yielded for you before?

It's great you're flowering a couple different sizes to see what works better.

Best of luck, bro!

T

TyKaycha

...This is not only my first MPB run but my first hydro run....

Looks like you bit off quite a bit for a first run, but at least you're in the right place in case you need help.

Have you grown out this strain before?

Look forward to seeing these ladies strut their stuff!

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Great start! I'm a hydro rookie myself :) I was in the same position as you with not getting the flower room done in time. lol At least you get to flower yours out. I'm stoked you're growing the mental floss! I have a couple phenos in veg right now that I might throw in the mpbs at some point. How's she smoke? How has she yielded for you before?

It's great you're flowering a couple different sizes to see what works better.

Best of luck, bro!

Hi Easy. I think I have read almost all of your posts. Thanks to you also, your info and all the research it has really helped. As far as yield goes, I hit .5gr/watt on my last soil run. I think someone who really knows their stuff could do quite a bit better in soil than that. The smoke is killer especially if you use a vaporizer. Great taste and very stoney, it is a creeper, wait 10 mins. before you take that next hit. The pheno I chose for my mom did not get the nice purple hue except on the bottom of the leaves.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Looks like you bit off quite a bit for a first run, but at least you're in the right place in case you need help.

Have you grown out this strain before?

Look forward to seeing these ladies strut their stuff!

Hey Ty. You can expect a PM from me if I get in trouble. I have run it a few times in soil but never felt like it was reaching its full potential. It is really good smoke.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

photo update at 2 1/2 weeks

Ladies are doing great. I expected more upward growth than I am getting but that is ok with me. Rez change every 5 days just to be cautious. Foliar w/Nitrozyme weekly. GreenFuse Bloom added to the Gen. Hydro nutes. The leafs are huge, I counted 11 leaflets on one leaf. I had never seen that before. There is a little bit of yellowing in a couple of the largest oldest leafs, you can see it in the second picture at the bottom of the plant.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Lookin' great !!!

First hydro! First MPBs! You got confidence . . . and your ladies are saying that it's well deserved!

Very very nice.

Papa

S

SouthernFarms

Looks nice. Hope I can start as well when I am able to get rolling.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Thanks for the Kudos guys I really appreciate it. It has been a lot of work and a huge learning curve. I decided when I started this project that I wasn't concerned with what the yield might be, I just wanted a yield. The true test will be the next few weeks.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Lookin' great !!!

First hydro! First MPBs! You got confidence . . . and your ladies are saying that it's well deserved!

Very very nice.

Papa

Your reputation button is working...Thanks!

M

mrdizzle

looking good bro, good luck on your first run

I have noticed people are flipping a lil early IMO, but thats not a problem for your first run, its better to get a grasp on how fast and how big the plants will grow once in flower. I think its best to get your plants at least 2.5-3ft tall before flip. reason being they really grow mostly out once you flip. I try and veg with the lights a little higher to induce a lil stretch. a 4ft tall plus plant should be the goal cuz you figure a 4x4 talbe yeilds about a lb, so a 4ft tall plant should yeild 2lbs

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

I am used to so much vertical stretch with this strain that I am really surprised I didn't get it in the tubs. I actually thought I flipped to late. Live and learn. Already got the next little girls in a small veg setup w/6 4" pots. I realized just the other day I was going to need need beach ball size ladies before the flip.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Might up your nitro if your gettin a little yellow.? Just a though and by the way you are doin a dam fine job. Looks tight n clean grat job!!

D

doubleds

Hi gb

welcome and congrats on your mpb system. Try and bend all those branches out through the cage and under the rung. really opens up the plant for light penetration and within 3 days it will be filled back up again with new growth/tops.

dds

M

mrdizzle

Hi gb

welcome and congrats on your mpb system. Try and bend all those branches out through the cage and under the rung. really opens up the plant for light penetration and within 3 days it will be filled back up again with new growth/tops.

dds

its true, I dont know why I didnt do it before, I did it to one plant in my bubba room and it allows the plant to grow more like a x-mas tree and it gets better light coverage

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Hi gb

dds

What an obvious move that I hadn't thought of. It takes dds to shine a light on it (about 5000w, in cool tubes of course) lol. Thanks for the advise and thanks for all the time and effort developing the system, I feel like I have come home.

May I inquire about the dds handle. Refering to preferences in female anatomy maybe?

Top Bottom